Addiction

I Can't, I Really Can't

"I wish I could, but I can't!"

Everyone was crowded around the table, a solemn expression painted upon everyone's face. This was the day… the day Hyesung promised to face his one and only addiction. Everyone knew how hard it was going to be for him, that's why everyone gathered in order to support him.

"Hyung… don't worry. You can do it." Jun Jin stepped forward and started rubbing Hyesung's back slowly, in gentle circles, trying to calm him down and make him relax. Hyesung stared at the spread in front of him, biting down on his lower lip. His breathing was starting to speed up again, his heart beating wildly, his fists clenched at his sides. Andy, the ever loving maknae, took one of his hands in his and attempted to unclench his fist, and instead intertwine their hands.

"I believe in you, hyung… Remember, way back when? You managed to do it that time… You can finally do it for real this time."

Hyesung squeezed Andy's hand nervously, the younger squeezing it back reassuringly. "I know… I did manage to… but… that was different. That was because I knew that I could have it again the next time… but this time, the thought of leaving it forever… I just can't fathom the idea! I can't do it. I won't do it!" Hyesung let go of Andy's hand and turned away from the table with a flair, a little bit over dramatically, but he was always like that anyway. Minwoo sighed and came forward, and beckoned Andy and Jun Jin to let him handle it. He pulled the taller man into a comforting hug, Hyesung bowing his head to bury it in Minwoo's broad shoulders.

"Hyesung-ah… You've gone over worse things in your life, yeah? You can do this. All good things must come to an end, after all. Just think of it as starting over. Just think how much less hectic your life will be after you give it up. You won't have to look all over the house for it. You won't have to stop in the middle of your meal to go out and buy it if you run out. Your life will be so much better if you stop. If you've done it once, you can do it again, okay? We'll be here to support you. You know Eric can make everything good. You'll be able to manage without it."

Minwoo may have the image of being the 'special stupid' of the group and using hilariously inappropriate words when he's speaking due to his dialect, but he knows just the right thing to say when it came to comforting his friend. Hyesung nodded, then slowly let go of Minwoo to face the table once again.

I'm going to do this.

I can do this.

Minwoo's right; this addiction of mine has gone too far.

I can do this.

Still hesitating, Hyesung stared at the chopsticks beside his bowl, contemplating whether or not to pick it up. Dongwan moved to his side and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder as he nodded at him, nothing but support written on his face. Eric was on standby, ready to come to the rescue if anything went wrong. Jun Jin, Andy, and Minwoo were silently encouraging him and praying that he will be brave enough to do it.

Finally, Hyesung picked up the chopsticks. He picked up a bit of meat, eyeing the empty bottle in the middle of the table the whole time. Taking a deep breath and closing his eyes, he put the meat straight into his mouth and chewed.

And chewed.

And swallowed.

"YOU DID IT!!!" Everyone, including Eric, cheered. Hyesung felt proud of himself at that one moment as he grabbed the empty bottle and threw it in the trash triumphantly.

"I can't believe you finally did it, hyung!!!" Andy cheered, running to Hyesung for a hug, which was warmly given. The rest of the members piled up on top of him to cheer him on, happy that he had finally gotten over his addiction.

"I never thought you'd be able to eat anything I cooked without sesame oil!!! Congratulations Hyesung-ah!!!" Eric was also genuinely happy, since now the real taste of his food could finally be appreciated without being masked by the flavor of sesame oil.

"You'll be surprised at how much you'll save without buying bottles upon bottles of sesame oil now, hyung!" Jun Jin piped in, genuinely glad that Hyesung had finally gotten over his addiction.

"And you'll now realize how good some food actually tastes without it!" Dongwan piped in.

"And you'll be less stressed now because you don't have to have it with every meal!" Minwoo cheered.

The loud celebration of six noisy men could be heard throughout the night, as for the first time in years, they enjoyed a meal that was completely free of the one binding condiment: sesame oil.

Never again was Hyesung addicted to it after that fated night.

 

 

_________

A/N: YEAH IDEK SORRY GUYS I'M BEING LAME TONIGHT xDDD