Don't Go

Spring Flower

    A girl with long wavy brown hair, and a cute babyface runs down her new college hallway. She looks left and right, stopping students in along the way. "Excuse me, can you help me?" Each person ignored or laughed at her. She had finally resorted to giving up when she felt someone bump into her, causing her to fall on the floor. " Ow...." She groaned while rubbing her head. The person who ran into her stopped and went to her aid. "I'm so sorry!! Are you okay?" The girl nodded in reply, and stood to get up, but the other girl helped her up instinctively. "I'm really sorry I bumped into you, I'm just late to class. "Oh that's okay. I'm Seohyun by the way. Seo Joohyun, but I go by Seohyun. The girl nodded and held out her hand. "I'm Jessica. Jung Sooyeon, but I go by Jessica." 

   They shook hands and agreed to talk later if they saw each other in the campus again, and went on their ways. Meanwhile Seohyun was still lost until a teacher noticed her and asked her if she was okay. "I'm lost and looking for room 217B. I'm new to this school, and I don't know where to go." "That's my class. I'm your teacher, Ms. Park. Kahi Park." She holds out her hand. " I'll be your homeroom teacher." Seohyun smiles and shakes her teachers hand as her teacher leads her to the classroom. Since she's new, she hs to be introduced, so the teacher tells her to wait outside the room. 

   "Class, you will be greeting a new student today okay? Treat her well, or else you all will be detention. Please come out, sweety." Ms. Kahi says, opening the door. Seohyun walks shyly into the classroom, holding her books closely to her for comfort. "Hello, Seo Joohyun imnida, but call me Seohyun. Please treat me well. " She bows her head. "You're seat will be over by that girl over there. Seohyun looks up and sees a girl in the corner of the room with headphones in and closed eyes. As she walks over the girl starts to look familar. Jessica.

...........................................................................................................................................................

    She looked at the ground and saw it. The flower that meant everything to her. Well almost everything. She bent down to pick it up, and more falshbacks came rushing to her head. 

..........................................................................................................................................................

    " Seohyun, come with me to pick flowers for my mom. She wanted me to get them for her since it'll look good with the house."Jessica called as she saw Seohyun walking out of the classroom. Seohyun walked over and smiled. "Should I come?" She asked while tilting her head. "Of course you should! Now come on!" Jessica didn't take no for an answer, grabbed Seohyun's wrist and pulled her with her to the field behind their school. Beautiful beautiful flowers covered the grounds as they wandered deeper into the flower field.

    Jessica had wandered over to a seperate area and Seohyun was left in astonishment at the amazing flowers. She saw a butterfly fly right past her face and she followed it to a specific flower. She kneeled down to inspect it and smiled widely. As she was about to get up, she felt something on the side of her head. She turned around and saw Jessica standing and smiling with her arms behind her back. "What'd you do?" "Nothing~ Just thought you'd look pretty with the flower in your hair." Seohyun put her hand up to her head and felt the soft texture of a petal and took the flower out to see what it looked like.

 

.........................................................................................................................................................................

     After picking up the flower, Seohyun twirled it in her hands as the memory faded away. She came up with an idea and she smiled brightly as she ran across the field behind her old school. She went to the apartment numbered " 50 " and knocked on it. No answer. She tried again only to recieve silence. She bit her lip and rested her back against the door, and ran her hands through her hair. Jessica had been the only thing on her mind ever since she turned out to be classmates with her in college. They'd been friends ever since, even outside of school. One word was said, and they haven't spoken for a while since. 

    " Where is she? I thought she'd be here." She said out loud in thought. " I'll go back to the school, she might be in the auditorioum. " She kept the flower safe in her hands and ran down the steps of the apartment building and onto the streets toward their school again. 

.....................................................................................................................................................................

   "Jessica?" Seohyun called out with her hands cupped around . "Jessica! I can't find you! I give up!" She yelled looking around all the big props onstage. She looked inside the fake gingerbread man who was 5 feet tall, and yelped once she felt arms around her. "Gotacha!!" Yelled Jessica as she hugged her from the back. "Jessica! You gave me a heart attack!" Seohyun said with her hands placed at her heart.Jessica just giggled and continued hugging her, as Seohyun backed up. "One." She heard Jessica say. "What are you doing?" "Two." "Jessica?" "Three!" With that Jessica launched herself onto Seohyun's back, with her arms hung around her neck. 

   Although Seohyun stumbled back a little she was able to catch her balance and walked around with Jessica on her back. They were laughing and giggling until they heard a door open and close, causing them to fall backwards, Jessica squished underneath Seohyun. They fell beside the Gingerbreads house, and hearing the footsteps grow closer, crawled inside to keep from getting in trouble. Once they knew the coast was clear, they sat up and looked at each other then again burst into laughter. After they calmed down Jessica sat against the gingerbread house. " I always sit in this thing when I want to get away. I know its corny and all, but it makes me feel safe. Like everything's going to be alright. I asked the prinicble if they could never move this just for that reason and surprisingly she agreed!" She chuckled and closed her eyes, letting Seohyun lay her head in her lap.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

    She ran onto the stage after persuading her old teacher to let her in, and wandered around, reliving her past. She walked over to the gingerbread man who was still standing in the same spot as 2 years ago. She smiled and walked to the gingerbread house, exitedly and hesitatingly. She peered in to find it empty. The only thing filling the empty space was the memory of the two grils when they were last in the room together. She had enough and took out her phone, dialing Jessica's number a total of 10 times without an answer. 

    She bit her lip, wondering what she could to and decided to call Tiffany. Jessica's other friend, before Seohyun moved there. "Hello?" Tiffany's voice rang through the phone. "Tiffany, its Seohyun. Do you have any idea where Jessica is?" She heard a long silence and a sigh. "I'm sorry, Seohyun...." She said in a soft voice after a while. "W-What are you sorry for?" "She's coming back to America with me. She's at the airport now, I think she might even be on the plane..." Before Tiffany could go on Seohyun dropped the phone onto the stage and ran as fast as she could out of the school, holding her right hand tightly closed. 

.......................................................................................................................................................................

    " How could you say such a thing? I cared for you ever since you first moved here! What gives you any right!?" "I'm sorry that you've never been good enough then! If you hadn't paid attention, this wouldn't have happened in the first place. I never needed you to care for me! I didn't ask to sit next to you or to even be in the same class! That's what gives me the right! Because it was forced upon me!" "Oh really? Is that how you felt the whole time!? I'm just some girl you were 'forced' to spend time with? Is that it? So I don't mean a thing to you do I, Seohyun?" "No! You don't! Okay!" Hearing that remark made Jessica speechless. She couldn't do anything. Or say anything. She exited the room without another word. 

.........................................................................................................................................................................

    Tears streamed down Seohyun's face, remembering their fight as she ran to the entrance of the airport. Having got there by Taxi and bus, and making multiple outragous pays. She walked inside and looked left and right. Not know at all where she should go. Holding her right hand tighter, she ran down the halls of the airport, bumping into someone causing her to fall on the floor. She didn't mutter a word, and wiped her face as the flower fell from her hand and onto the floor next to the person who fell with her. "I'm so sorry!! Are you okay, ma'am?" The voice sounded familar to Seohyun and she looked up to see Jessica staring hard at the flower next to her. 

    Jessica picked up the flower slowly and looked at its owner, who's face was wet with tears. "Seohyun...." She said, those being the first words they've spoken to each other for a month. Seohyun's tears began to come quicker as she placed her arms around her old friend. "Jessica, I'm so sorry. I never meant anything I said. You mean everything to me. Please don't go." Jessica remained silent and broke the hug from the two. She looked long into Seohyun's face, and at the flower in her hand. She reached up and placed the flower in Seohyuns hair and gave her a small smile. "What's that?" Seohyun said bringing her hand up to her head. "Nothing. I just thought you would look even prettier with it in your hair." With that Jessica leaned in to give Seohyun a long kiss. 

    Sweet. Passionate.  And with nothing but love.