Kai Oneshot~ When he's jealous

Series of Exo One shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(FYI Kkamjong is Kai’s real nickname)

----------------

'Byeol-i bitnaneun areumdaun bam-iya-iya-' You immediately snatch your phone before it rings anymore, prolonging the adrenaline rush you got from the sudden burst of loud music waking you up. Although you loved your Beast 'Beautiful Night' ringtone, it was a Sunday, your last day to lie-in before school the next day, and you couldn’t be bothered to hear it. Your hair falls in front of your face as you read with blurry eyes who your mystery caller is so early in the morning.

Caller ID: 'Kkamjong -_-' the phone read. 

Oh Jongin why are you calling so early!?  

You sigh and snap open the phone to answer, throwing yourself back onto your bed. 

'You do realise how early it is do you Kkamjong' You huffed, looking through your curtains as you lay on your bed, it was sunny outside, You let out a groan and click your tongue in frustration, scrunching your nose as you twist and turn in your bed.

'Yaa you know I don’t like that nickname, and how is it even early, it's 10:00...'

'Jongin you know 10:00 is late for me - especially on a weekend!' You retort angrily down the phone. You gave a loud huff as you checked the clock on the wall. Ok yes you would have woken up at this time anyways, but you wouldn’t let Jongin off the hook that easily. 

'You sleep too much, and besides I know you get up at this time anyways' Kai muttered slightly annoyed. 

'No today I was going to lie in.' You reply angrily.

'Meh I'm not apologizing, you get up too late-'

'And you get up to early Kkamjong.' you retorted.

‘You know I finish dance class this time every week.’ He replied calmly at your forgetfulness.

You roll your eyes not bothering to reply as you listen to your breathing, bored.

'LOOK ANYWAYS, I was calling because I want to have some bubble tea and since no one's available, come with me and I'll pay for you.' 

'Yaa you woke me up just so you could have bubble tea!? What to do with you Jongin.' You smack your forehead, but you know you’ll still go, it is Jongin after all…

'Please _______, I'll buy you your favourite flavour.' You could hear his sad attempt at aegyo - but Jongin hated that kind of thing - hence why he could actually be friends with you - it was something both of you had in common.

Well since you put it in such a nice way, I guess I’ve got to go now' Your anger disparates slowly as you remember your favourite flavour – Vanilla bubble tea. Jongin knew that was your favourite, you went to that café nearly every week when school or work didn’t get in the way or life in general.

'Thanks, I'll come to yours in 5 minutes.' You hear him say sounding actually quite happy.

'WHAT HOW WILL I BE READY IN FIVE BLOODY MINUTES!? I’m not you, I don’t just roll out of bed and looking gor-I mean  half-decent!.' you say scrambling out of bed to get ready.

'Yaa why do you take so long, you're just like Xiumin.' The happiness is replaced with annoyance.

'No, Xiumin takes an hour, I'll just take half an hour, be prepared, I’m not wearing makeup.'

'I thought you never did.' Jongin replied suprised. 

'And I thought I was unobservant....' you mutter taking your pyjamas off.

'What did you say?'

'Nothing, see you in a bit.'

You hang up the phone.

Oh that boy....

You catch yourself smiling in the mirror - Jongin always seemed to make you smile. You've known him since the start of High school as you were put in the same classes since then; you two also live relatively close by so your mum or his mum would take it in turns driving you to school in the mornings and evenings. You'd usually sit and wait for him to finish his dance classes in the evenings; he was the one who inspired you to take it up, although your classes were at different times due to him being in the more advanced class.

Of course you had other guy friends at school, 11 others to be exact (you know who they are), all spread out in the same year and the years above. You knew Sehun and D.O as they are in your class, however D.O is the oldest.  Xiumin, Luhan, Kris, Chen, Baekhyun, Lay, Chanyeol, Tao, Suho and Baekhyun were in a year or two above you. You do have girl classmates, but you just seem to mesh with guys better – less drama happens with guys than girls you feel so you tend to stick with the males of the class, hence why you stick to Kai most of the time, even if people say he’s so pretty he could be a girl…

As you close the door behind you, you notice Kai peering through your gates outside the house, tapping his foot to the beat of a song he's listening to on his i-pod. You notice he is wearing a cap:

 

And try to avoid looking flustered at how good looking thisboy has really turned out. While being too focused to look laissez-faire, you trip up a little on the gravel tiling outside your house. You don't notice Jongin's look of concern, but look up just to see it masked in a cheeky grin - 

'Be careful, I want to take you to a cafe, not the E.R for a broken neck.' 

You give a slight huff as you fix yourself up and close the gate behind you. You weren't really bothered with what to wear, you only had half an hour which wasn’t enough time at all to look half decent, so you put on a casual outfit 

 

 

You didn’t bother to wait for Kai to lead the way since you knew it just as well as him, crossing through your neighbourhood houses and seeing the café in sight.

‘So how was your class today?’ You ask absent mindedly , playing with the key chain on your bag as you both sit down on some table and chairs outside, it was a sunny day, so you wanted to soak in the sun, you didn’t care if you got more tan, and neither did Kai, until the people in his dance class kept mentioning and making fun of how ‘brown’ he was compared to the others, you were so angered by that, you firmly believed that’s what made him look special and different….not to mention better looking….

You tried not to notice the fact that Kai kept his cap on to reduce getting a tan on his face.

‘Yeah it was good, had to do some freestyle jazz dance, my teacher Eunhyuk liked it, he’s performing for the school festival.’

‘Oh yeah I forgot, you said he was in a really popular band before, he was the lead dancer?’

‘Yeah he was, Eunhyuk wants me and Taemin hyung to perform with him for the school festival.’ He said reading through the menu deciding what bubble tea to order.

You pushed the menu down from his hand staring right at him.

‘Oh my God Kkamjong that’s awesome! Seriously well done!’ you say clapping your hands together and falling back into your chair smiling.

‘Oh, thanks…you don’t need to get that excited; Taemin is waaay better than me.’ He replied turning slightly pink, concentrating really hard on trying to read the menu.

‘Doesn’t matter, he is a year older, he’s had more time, and besides I think you’re just as good, if not better than Taemin.’

‘Better than me?’ You hear a soft, sweet voice whisper behind you.

You freeze as if you heard a ghost, slowly looking up at Kai to see what his reaction looked like.

He was grinning, so you decided to turn on your smile as you realise Lee Taemin, one of the hottest guys at school is standing right next to you and Jongin.  You open your mouth but nothing comes out, so you decide to just smile and look confused.

(this is what he’s wearing)

‘Hey Jongin-ah.’ Taemin says grinning at Kai happily, Kai smiles back.

‘And who is this?’ Taemin asks smiling brightly at you, you can’t help but blush a little, you start to get nervous and tuck your hair behind your ear, bowing your head a little at your elder.

‘I’m ______, it’s nice to meet you finally, I've heard a lot about you Taemin Oppa.’ You say trying not to choke on your own saliva (your throat became so dry suddenly).

It was the truth, Kai talked about Taemin constantly, so you probably knew more about him than you really needed to know, you hoped he didn’t feel creeped out.

But Taemin was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter