I.

A Night of Drunken Confessions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

rainbow blaxx - silhouette

a night of drunken confessions,

Peering over her shoulder at the clock on the white wicker night stand, Hana frowned as she counted the minutes down for the umpteenth time. It had been such a long, long time since she has been offered a break to do whatever she wanted that would appease her soul; after all that continuous back-to-back scheduling and having to make an appearance at every music program from South Korea to Japan, she finally felt the relief she so secretly sought after the moment her group's manager had given them the OK to rest for the next two following days. A weekend of just pure freedom and relaxation at last.

"As long as you don't get yourselves into any trouble, I'll find a way to extend your next vacation." Their manager had concluded as he shuffled out of the dorm.

It wasn't the most solid promise in the world but it was a start. After all, Manager Ryu was just as hard working as any other manager employed under T.S. Entertainment and he wouldn't stir them wrong. Glancing down at her outfit, Hana deemed it perfect as she slid her arms through her red pea-coat's sleeves. Tonight is the night that she would be able to satisfy her own needs and to start it all off, she slipped her tiny feet into her favorite pair of red kitten heels; the ones that he specifically bought for her.

"My, my, my." A high pitched voice jested, causing the younger woman to halt in her tracks for that soul-splitting second. "What do we have here?"

Reeling her head towards the doorway, Hana was met with a very curious Hyoseong who only smirked in return. "Just can it, Hyo," she spat venomously, hoping the leader would take the hint; right now definitely isn't the time to deal with the after math of Jun Hyoseong's hidden mood swings.

"Why are you being so malicious towards me? Are you perhaps nervous about something?"

Oh God. She was using that sickening high-pitched tone of voice again: the one where it felt like she'd learn your deepest, darkest secret and was looming it over your head in exchange for your soul but in actuality, it was just her aggravating way of teasing. Mind games are her specialty after all.  

"You can say that."

"I would be too if I had a man as hot as him, trailing after me. Who would have thought?" Hyosung snickered as she leaned against the wall post.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Hana inquired as she pressed her lips together to form a firm, straight line. Although she had to keep her snooty comments to a minimum, respect her leader at all times and pretend to get along well enough with Hyoseong throughout interviews and music programs, there are rare times when she's actually a nice person. Yet the remainder of it all, Hana often fantasizes of throttling the older woman across a room and not giving a damn about the consequences.

"Well, I just know that Sunhwa had been interested in him and everyone had assumed that he'd return the feelings for her as well. That's all I'm pointing out."

"Well, Hyoseong," Hana sighed as she adjusted the cuff on the right sleeve of her jacket. "I don't need you to point that out now because things can change and have changed."

"That's for sure," the latter sneered as she twiddled her fingers in the air. "send Jeesu my regards, will you?"  

"Over my dead body." She bit out in return as she stuffed her coin purse, wallet and lip gloss into her black, satin clutch. There was just one thing she will never find in herself to do and that was hooking up her very sensual 'friend' slash mood-swinging leader with the innocent, main vocalist of Dalmatian. Although Jeesu would look the part of a bad boy and Hyoseong the sweetheart, it was exactly the complete opposite. After all looks are deceiving.

Just as she was about to throw in another tube of cherry balm, the screen of her cellular device lit up. Reaching for it, she quickly flicked up the call screen and pressed the electronic to her ear.

"Um, 'ello?"

"Hey, are you ready?"

"As ready as ready can be...honestly, I'm beyond ready to go," she murmured into the receiver. "Hyoseong just pissed me off yet again."

"You two and your love-hate relationship."

"At least we don't have that kind of relationship, right?"

"I wouldn't allow it." He assured, "but come on down, will you? I'll be waiting in the gray Honda this time." 

Skipping all the frozen puddles outside the apartment building, she let out of a sigh of completion as her heel touched down on the solid foundation of cement that makes up the street. Glancing around, she was able to spot the car her boyfriend had described; not wasting another moment of their time together, she wobbled—half sprinted to the vehicle not being able to hide the excitement on her face the whole sprint over. 

As the warm air of the car's air vents met with her face, she hurriedly gathered the hem of her dress before sliding in and meeting the man she had anxiously been waiting for.

"Hello y."

"Ha, shouldn't I be saying that to you?" she purred teasingly before looking away from his intensifying gaze. Every compliment that has ever left his full lips is like gooey caramel to her taste buds; it makes her happy, giddy and all the more attracted to him. He is her high and she had no urge to get rid of her new craving.

"Yes but I'm allowed to say it to you as well," he shot back as he winked at her. "You do after all, look better in that dress than I ever could."

"Simon, if you don't drive, we'll be late for our reservation."

"I'm not even sure if I want to go...even if this restaurant guarantees—" using the index and middle fingers on both hands, he held up all fingers as he bent them continuously in a sequence, "—our privacy it doesn't mean it's granted."

"And if we do get caught, will you be that upset about it?"

"With you being a veteran in the industry, I think it would affect you more than it could  ever affect me." He had a point but it wasn't like she was Sunhwa or Hyosung or even Jieun for that matter; when it came to popularity and fans, she was dead last in a group of beauties. If internet-citizens do have an issue with her dating him, it would be 'how could someone so good looking date the fat rapper of Secret?' or 'Zinger? Who's that?'

"But if it's with you, I don't care." She rebutted confidently. By this point in her career, she had matured enough that a little back-lash from a relationship outing wouldn't bother her the least bit. If it meant she could continue to be happy for days on then none of the negativity matter, however her happiness with him does matter. "I love you so much that I don't care anymore."

"Love? So this is your reaction when that epiphany finally hits you?" Realizing the extremity of the words she had just spoken, Hana shrunk back into the seat in silence. What had made her speak such doting words? Such a declaration should have been proclaimed at a much more precious time and definitely not in the passenger seat of a borrowed car.

"Hey...we're going to be late," she murmured instead, hoping he would catch on to her wanting to change the subject. Of course she'd have to make it up to him later but right now, she needed to gather her wits again.

"Fine. I'm going, I'm going." Turning the key in the switch, Simon maneuvered the car around from the curb of the dorms and off into the busy Seoul streets. He had took notice of all her hints, knowing she wouldn't want to dabble in the topic of love any longer but even if she had trouble admitting it out loud, he knew that she loved him just as much as he loves her. The love apparent in her eyes, her mannerisms and  gestures every moment they're in one another's company. There's no mistaking the love a woman bears when it comes to the significant other in her life or her children for that matter but we'll save that topic of offspring for a much later time.

"Ryu Joowan, please." Hana whispered to the hostess who was nodding her head and skimming the thick reservation book before her. The restaurant she had ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter