Final

KISS ME, ONE LAST TIME [[‘TIL DEATH DO US PART]]

The light passed through the little space on the window that was not covered by the curtains. Baekhyun moved a bit to block the light but then his eyes already saw Chanyeol’s derp face while sleeping.

“Derp” he mumbled

“Mhm?” Chanyeol raised his brow without opening his eyes.

Baekhyun smiled a little and pecked Chanyeol’s lips.

“Jagiya, wake up. Help me to prepare breakfast”

Chanyeol didn’t move and pretended that he’s still sleeping

“WAKEY WAKEY!” Baekhyun shouted at Chanyeol’s ear

“Oh , Baek. I’m awake, ok?”

Baekhyun just caressed his cheek “Derp, you look so derp even when you’re mad”

“Oh stop it, Eyeliner.”

“Speaking of eyeliner! I need to buy my stocks”

“You won’t drag me along, right?”

“Of course I would, jagiya~”

“We can’t go together… The law…”

“We’ve done that already.”

The law… No boyxboy relationship allowed. If you are caught, you will be imprisoned then the younger one will be killed.

“But, I can’t resist the temptation to even touch you”

“You will miss me when I’m not here, I’m quite worried”

“Baekhyun, stop”

“Not until you accompany me to the mall”

“NO”

“You will, derpy”

Baekhyun wriggled his eyebrows and did gwiyomi in front of his boyfriend

“Bastard. Oh , you’re killing me with your aegyo! Fine, I’ll go. Happy? I hate you”

Baekhyun smiled widely “I love you too” he stuck his tongue out and went straight to the kitchen to prepare their food

After eating breakfast, they headed to the mall.

“Chanyeol, don’t” he whispered as Chanyeol tried to reach for his hand

“We’ll die. Don’t you dare lace your fingers with mine” Baekhyun kept on shoving Chanyeol’s hand away and then a guard noticed them

“Is there a problem here?”

“N-No! We’re just having games here, right bro?”

“Yeah! Break it down yo!” then he started to rap

“Shut up, Yeol”

Baekhyun pay what he bought

Chanyeol dragged Baekhyun to the fire exit.

“What? My eyeliner—“

Chanyeol suddenly kissed Baekhyun like it will be the last time, like he’s longing for years just to kiss this gentleman in front of him

They were kissing for a long time and they just stopped when they noticed that someone is pulling him away from Chanyeol.

He looked at the man, he’s a guard

“. . . This is not good” Baekhyun said nervously

 

*Prison*

“Baekhyun! Baekhyun!”

“Jagiya—NO! I don’t want to be separated with my jagiya! Hands off me!”

“You will be away from him just for two days” –police

“I don’t care! it! I need to be with him! You head!”

“No one wants to witness your happening inside. So shut up”

“I didn’t ask you to look at us! I won’t stop until you put me with my jagiya! JAGIYA!!!”

“Stupid. Just let them, bro. My ears are hurting. The bastard won’t stop”

They let Baekhyun and Chanyeol to be on the same cell. Baekhyun cried immediately, the moment the policemen pushed them inside the cell, his eyeliner scattered all over his face

“Ssh… Baek, everything will be fine” the other man said

“No, it won’t. You’ll die! You’ll die because we’re having this relationship”

Chanyeol started to sob “I’m so sorry, it’s my entire fault. If I didn’t drag you there, this won’t happen”

“No, no. Don’t blame yourself. If I didn’t ask you to come with me, this won’t happen. This is really my fault”

“Bull! Don’t think about it… Just—just… Don’t blame yourself. Ok, it’s not anyone’s fault. Stop crying, baby”

Chanyeol just continued on comforting Baekhyun.

“I don’t want you to die”

“I won’t die. No one will. I won’t leave you, I promise”

“D-Derp, why did you choose to love me even if you know the consequences”

“Because I’m afraid of facing consequences. I-I’m afraid to d-die”

“W-What? That’s contradicting, why? Then, I’ll tell them to kill me”

“I need to overcome it, ok? You don’t need to die. And you too, you need to overcome the fear of losing me. I will face my fears just for you”

After several hours of silence, their dinner came. One piece of fish, a cup of rice, and a glass of water. Certainly enough for one person. They shared the meal together, feeding each other, not wasting time and loving each other before the deadline comes.

“We may be on news now” –Baekhyun

“That would be awful. They would be disgusted. They would judge us. As if they’re in our position and they know any about us” –Chanyeol

“Stop cursing, motherer. Oh , did I curse? , I did! Darn!” –Baekhyun

“Let’s just do anything we want to do” –Chanyeol

“You mean ‘that’” –Baekhyun

“. Look at where we are. This isn’t a place for ” –Chanyeol

Baekhyun flushed tomato red and slapped Baekhyun’s arms

“That hurts!”

“And so? I’ll do whatever I want to do” he stuck his tongue out

“We should be happy. I wish we could just stop the time. Baek… seriously, I’m not ready to die… but don’t ever mistake what I’m saying that I want you to die for me… I just… need time”

“Me? I don’t need time… I need you, derp”

Chanyeol pecked his lips and rested his head on his shoulder.

“Let’s stay like this. Don’t move. I don’t want to be away from you” -Chanyeol

The next day, they were surprised because someone visited them. Woah, miracle.

T’was Kris, Chanyeol’s ex that is still secretly in love with his ex.

“Kris?”

He’s panting, no one knows why. “What the hell, Chanyeol. I heard the news.”

“ yeah! We’re on news, Baek! Am I derping in the pic?”

Kris just gave him a weird look and continued. “I’m deeply worried” Kris reached for Chanyeol’s hand

Baekhyun, without thinking, shoved Kris’ hands away from Chanyeol

“Don’t touch this derpy creature in front of you. I don’t want anyone, especially you, to touch him”

“You’re so possessive. I don’t know why he chose you over me. I’m more fabulous”

“Fabulous? In your face”

Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol away from Kris

“If you have nothing good to say, you may leave” Baekhyun motioned his fingers to the exit.

“You’re not the one in charge here. We’re in the middle of a crisis and I just want to help you find a way out of here. And I don’t know how. I didn’t expect that there is a full force police operation here. I must find the key.”

They heard loud footsteps and Kris started to panic “Guys, I need to go. They’re coming. The ceremony will be held tomorrow, right?”

“Don’t remind me” Chanyeol answered coldly

“Oh sorry. Bye”

He started to run for his life and maybe he found a place to hide that’s why the cops failed on chasing him.

“Do you think he’ll find the key?” –Chanyeol

“I don’t want to ruin your mood about that… but the chances are low, let’s be realistic here. This may look like a simple cell but the security intended for this place is no joke.”

“Yes, I won’t expect. I’ll put that in mind, Baek. And if ever I really need to face that fear, I will. I need to be strong for you and you need to be strong for me” Chanyeol lifted Baekhyun’s chin and kissed him passionately.

Baekhyun felt regretful about his words. He should have said the positive ones to motivate him but he just decreased the hope within his boyfriend.

Chanyeol, on the other hand didn’t know that to feel. If his life is on the edge already, and Baekhyun will be the reason for his early death, he thought that it’s fine. Anything just  for Baekhyun is his policy.

The officer came and gave them their breakfast even if it’s already 10:00 in the morning. It’s almost lunch time and they woke up 6:00 AM and they’re starving to death but good thing they know how to replace hunger with lust.

They fed each other and laughed at random jokes they’re throwing. What else should they do? They don’t want to think about the day after this day.

After eating, they sat on the right corner of the prison cell, Chanyeol resting his head on Baekhyun’s thighs and Baekhyun caressing the other boy’s body parts. Who knows? This may be the last time he’ll ever touch Chanyeol. The whole of Chanyeol

“We won’t be remembered in the world, don’t you think?” Baekhyun suddenly blurted out

“Why ask that? I told you not to remind me”

“You don’t need to overcome your fear, ya know? I’m not afraid of dying, so I’ll take charge”

Chanyeol immediately sat up and looked sternly on Baekhyun’s eyes “You won’t do that, Baek! I told you I’m willing to risk anything for you, even my life!”

“I can also do that for you!”

“This is my purpose, Baek. This is not yours. This time this situation is only mine. This is my end already. I’ll be happy because I’ll die for you”

Baekhyun started to cry and gripped tightly on the hem of Chanyeol’s shirt

He shook his head hardly. “Jagiya, you’re not meant to die”

“Fate brought us together. Fate will separate us. But in the end, if we’re really for one another, fate will make its move to bring us back together.”

Chanyeol used his thumbs to wipe the tears rushing down on Baekhyun’s face.

“Life is so ironic. Why did life put us in this situation?” Baekhyun asked, not accepting the fact that tomorrow, the most important person in his life will be gone in just a blink of an eye.

“Ask fate.” Chanyeol shortly answered

“I don’t believe in that” Baekhyun protested

“You must”

 

 

It’s the day… the day they never prayed to come.

They are still on the cell and they don’t know what time will the ceremony start and they don’t even know what time is it.

The news said that the ceremony will be held at exactly 12 noon. And now it’s 11:30 already

Baekhyun is holding—or rather pulling the steel bars, thinking that he is so strong and he could break it. The officers are just laughing at his silly act. Chanyeol on the other hand is biting his nails, facing the wall and praying so hard.

“Let us out! Let us out! Please! I promise, I-I-I’ll l-leave him!”

Chanyeol went furious and pulled Baekhyun wrist. His eyes are reddish, because of crying and also because of not sleeping.

Chanyeol can’t think of anything  right, right now. He raised his left hand, ready to slap Baekhyun but then his senses came back and reminded him that Baekhyun is his beloved.

“I-I-I’m sorry” he immediately hugged the crying Baekhyun

Baekhyun pulled away from the hug and leaned on the steel bars, like anticipating for someone

“Waiting for someone?” Chanyeol curiously asked

“I don’t know”

They are starting to hear shouts outside the place. Guess, they’re already on the gathering area—the people who wanted to see them die, the people who’s judging them, the people who disallows boyxboy relationship.

Baekhyun kept on muttering the same sentence, or rather question… “Kris, where are you?”

Even he didn’t want to receive any help from Kris, he has no choice but to depend on him because he’s the only one who could help them and the only one who understands their situation

11:50

“, , motherer, bastard, jerk, , bull, , crap, damn, darn, shibal, jenjang, jiral” he almost said all the bad words he knows. He can’t stop cursing. He can see that every time the officer looks at his watch, he’s smirking

“Where the are you, Kris?”

11:55

“Kris… Kris… You’re our only hope”

He needed to see Kris holding a key and freeing them. Baekhyun looked so desperate. Well, he is really desperate. He looked at Chanyeol who napped for a while to erase all those thoughts

---

“BAEK! RUN! RUN!”

Baekhyun shook his head, being the hard-headed man he is.

“BAEK. OH , BAEK. BEHIND YOU!”

He turned around and saw a man holding a knife and he buried it on Baekhyun’s heart

The man looked at him and chased him but then, he has long legs and the man has short legs so he can run faster.

Later, the man was out of sight but then, when he looked around, all he can see is blood, and all he can remember is Baekhyun, lying on the floor, dead.

---

Chanyeol screamed, until he realized that it’s a nightmare. He hugged Baekhyun and whispered words like “No, no. Don’t die. No”

Baekhyun looked confused but he didn’t bother to ask Chanyeol, heck, it’s already 11:59

Where is that bastard?

Finally, he saw Kris. His face suddenly lit up and turned to Chanyeol to peck his lips

Kris fought all the people blocking his way, he’s with a wushu master, Tao.

They stopped on Baekhyun ad Chanyeol’s cell

“I’m sorry, sorry. I didn’t find the key. Sorry. Chanyeol, I’m really really sorry. I can’t bear to see you die”

“Hey, they’re coming, enough of that” Tao mumbled

“Oh… We have to leave” they bowed slightly and then left Baekhyun and Chanyeol

Baekhyun looked so down

“You said that I shouldn’t expect, but it seems that you’re the one who expected something” Chanyeol snorted

“Shut up, Chanyeol, shut up”

12:01

“It’s a minute delayed because of that scene that your friends made. Did you plan this?”

“How could we? Are you stupid? Do you think we can plan inside this cell? We don’t even have our phones with us” –Baekhyun

“Enjoy talking back, later I’ll see you kneeling and begging for your sweetheart’s life”

Baekhyun turned pale but Chanyeol… you can say that he look paler than Baekhyun.

The policemen are not hard on them today, they just guided them and didn’t mocked them down. Soon, they reached the area. The area they were afraid to face.

 

People are gathered, their loud voices heard all over the place, Baekhyun and Chanyeol wearing handcuffs. Baekhyun felt uncomfortable with those heavy stares thrown to them.

“Derp, I ing love you, don’t forget that”

“Eyeliner jagiya, I ing love you more and most”

The policemen behind them seemed disgusted so they pushed them towards the center as the gong is being hit.

Assigned populace holding guns—enormous guns not scattered but in a perfect circle shape. There is a little space offered for Chanyeol to pass and that is where they will put Baekhyun later.

They aimed their guns to Baekhyun, ready to shoot anytime the gong reached the 13th time being hit.

6th…  7 more hits to go before they shoot him

“Any last words for your darling?” the leader of the ceremony asked Baekhyun.

He shook his head because he knew that he’ll ‘piece of ’ as he called it

“CHANYEOL! YOU WON’T DIE, B-BELIEVE ME. SIR, I’M WILLING TO DIE FOR HIM! LET ME BE IN HIS PLACE! PLEASE! JEBAL”

“If you’re a girl, although you look like one, this would be a romantic scene but you are both boys—gays… disgusting”

“YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY THAT WE’RE DISGUSTING. WE’RE JUST IN LOVE AND YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT WE FEEL. I’M WILLING TO SHOW THE WORLD MY LOVE FOR CHANYEOL! I’M WILLING TO DIE JUST FOR HIM!” his voice cracked. He’s crying. Actually, he’s crying since they went out of the cell and he didn’t notice it.

8th

“Chanyeol, say something to me!! Say something! You won’t die right?”

Chanyeol lowered his head. He expected this from the very beginning… when he confirmed his feelings toward Baekhyun. He knew that this day would come and he’s ready to risk everything for Baekhyun. He did this even if he’s afraid to die. He’s crying silently, not looking at Baekhyun

“Baekhyun… life is ironic. I choose you to be mine even if I know the consequences because I don’t want to die. Cope up with it, deal with it and life will stop on upsetting you. I tried… and life… my life…will end… because life is tired on upsetting me. Be strong for me, jagiya. I want you to forget me. But maybe you can leave our memories behind if you want to. I don’t want to be forgotten… but you need to. You can’t move on if you won’t. But remember this…I love you. I need you. I want you.Your irresistible beauty never failed to attract me. Even if my life is on the edge, I’m willing to risk it just for you. KISS ME, ONE LAST TIME” he lifted his chin and rested his eyes full of tears on Baekhyun’s

Baekhyun ran to Chanyeol and Baekhyun still need to stand on his tiptoes just to reach for Chanyeol’s lips. Chanyeol tilted his head and slightly lowered himself for Baekhyun to reach him

12th….

One of the policemen pulled him away from Chanyeol and put him in place while Baekhyun is screaming on the top of his lungs and Chanyeol is giving him a comforting aura like saying “You will be alright, everything will.”

13th

All the guns synchronized. The loud bang all in once shot Chanyeol. He fought the feeling of closing his eyes. He wanted to see Baekhyun so badly. He didn’t want to close his eyes. He didn’t even want to let him go.

Chanyeol’s feeling pain… so much pain, more than the pain of the gunshots. But the pain of leaving Baekhyun. Baekhyun is crying so hard, Chanyeol can hear it not so clear.

Just things like “Die, derp, Chanyeol, no, love”

His sight became blurry and he’s still looking at Baekhyun’s fading figure. He wanted to stand but he can’t. The ground is blood-strewn

“DON’T DIE. MY DERP, CHANYEOL. NO! I-I-I LOVE YOU!” he kept on crying and he kept on fighting over the policemen but no avail. They’re so many and they’re stronger than him. 

All he can hear is Chanyeol’s last words for him.

“I want you to forget me.”

Never. Never. He would never like to do that. Even if he’s in too much pain, he just can’t forget everything, duh! It’s difficult—so much difficult

“But maybe you can leave our memories behind if you want to.”

He will. Definitely

“I don’t want to be forgotten… but you need to.”

No, he doesn’t need to forget him.

“You can’t move on if you won’t”

He never wanted to move on. He’ll stick to him forever. He’ll hold onto him even if he’s gone. Who cares if he will look crazy? Love is crazy.

 “I love you. I need you. I want you.”

He felt the same. Those words they used to exchange won’t repeat again ‘coz there’s no one who will say that to him again

“Your irresistible beauty never failed to attract me”

He felt like a girl when he said ‘beauty’. But for him, Chanyeol also attracted him with his charm

“Even if my life is on the edge, I’m willing to risk it just for you”

He really wants to die with him or even just him, but the law is too dreadful.

“KISS ME, ONE LAST TIME”

Baekhyun whispered something in the air “’Til death do us part”