Final

Dancing With Wu Fan.

-Hyemi’s POV-

 

I walked with my friend Miyeon into the ballroom, looking around and gasping at the beauty of the place. I was really not into balls and stuff like that but the moment I got in the place, I changed my mind.

I waved good bye to Miyeon, who walked to her fiancé the moment she saw him. I walked to an empty table and sat there. I felt awkward since I’m the only one without a partner.

I searched for someone, my “crush” to be exact. I spotted him. He was standing at the corner of the room, rejecting every girl’s offer to dance with him. I shook my head at the girls, that Ice Prince would never accept anyone.

Then I sighed, thinking I’m part of that anyone. I just watched him as he continued to reject girls. I stopped staring at him when I heard a familiar voice.

“Hyemi, aren’t you going to dance?”, Kai, my other friend, asked. I just smiled and shook my head. He tilted his head in confusion.

“But you’re a great dancer. And don’t you like to dance?”, he asked again. I raised an eyebrow at him. He grinned and pulled me up.

“Come on. Let’s dance.”, he said and dragged me to the center. I rolled my eyes as he puts his right hand on my waist and his left holding my right hand. I made a face but put my left hand on his shoulder. Still grinning, he led the dance.

As we danced, my frown turned into a smile. How could I not? Dancing is my passion and also, my partner is a great dancer as well. Honestly, Kai is a better dancer than me but no way am I going to say that out loud.

Ending the dance when the song ended, he released me with a smile. I almost melted at his smile because this smile he’s giving me isn’t like his usual playful smile. It’s a bit… relaxing? It gives out a gentleman feel… I think.

We both went back to the empty table, pulling a chair for me. I eyed him suspiciously but sat down. He seems nice today. I wonder what trick he had thought…

He walked behind me and whispered something into my ear. I gasped and stared at him weirdly. He just grinned and I looked away.

“Sorry but no way I’m going to do that. I don’t want to get rejected.”, I said as I stared at Kris. He chuckled and patted my shoulder.

“How about not asking him? Just approach him and pull him to the dance floor like I did. There’s no way he could reject since he is already in the middle and he has already come that far.”, he said and I thought about it. I grinned and nodded.

“Fighting!”, he said and I got up. Smiling, I made my way to Wu Fan. He was in the same position before.

He’s standing at the corner of the room, leaning onto the wall. A girl walked passed me, crying since she got rejected by him. I took a deep breath and stood in front of him.

He raised an eyebrow at me, as if saying no. I bit my lip and reached for his hand. The moment I held his hand, my heart beat fast. Ignoring the fact that I’m already blushing, I dragged him to the dance floor.

Before his mind processed what just happened, we were at the center of the room. I sighed in relief that I just succeed step one. I saw Kai grinning and clapping. I gulped and looked at Kris, who I think got irritated at my actions.

I forcefully put his hand on my waist and held his hand. My other hand was on his shoulder. This time, it’s my time to lead.

I think I made a very wrong move. Kris is a very bad dancer, or maybe he’s still adjusting. I don’t know but since I’ve come this far, I will continue.

We – I mean I – danced to the music, trying to make Kris dance to the music as well. I think he’s not that irritated anymore, judging by his eyebrows. They weren’t meeting anymore.

I bit my lip hard when he stepped on my foot. He let go of me and sighed. He almost got away but I got to stop him. Trying to ignore the pain, we continued our dance.

I don’t know if I was hearing things but I think Kris whispered a sorry when we were an inch apart. I just smiled at him and continued dancing. We stopped again when we – I mean he – bumped into a random couple.

Instead of saying sorry, I made a face at them and pulled Kris away from the couple. I know it was childish but I was slightly irritated at Kris since he was a bad dancer. I guess I threw my anger at the couple. I have to say sorry to them later.

I don’t know what happened but magically, Kris got better in dancing. I was smiling brightly since he wasn’t making any accidents anymore. He spun me away (idon’tknowhowtosayit) then pulled me close to him. We were very close; making my heart beat so fast.

I felt a squeeze on my hand and looked up at Kris. As if on cue, fireworks appeared. We looked up at the fireworks and I smiled, almost forgetting Kris was there.

Realizing our position (by the glares from the girls), we released each other. I blushed once again and smiled shyly. Kris, for the first time, smiled at me. For the first time, he looks like a prince, not an ice prince. There were no cold auras around him.

He stepped back and held my hand. He bowed and kissed the back of my hand. My cheeks became pinker. He pulled back and looked at me.

“Thank you for dancing with me, Princess Hyemi. You’re a great dancer.”, he said. I bowed and smiled.

“Thank you for your time as well, Prince Kris.”, I said. He held my hand and gently pulled me to the corner of the place.

“Princess Hyemi, I’ve watched you dance in every ball we’ve attended. I watched you smile as you dance. I am not as great as your friend Prince Kai in terms of dancing but for you, I will do my best to learn. The moment you once helped me get away from my stress about everything, I started to like you. Hyemi… will you let me court you?”, he asked and kneeled down, opening a small box containing a chocolate heart. Dear MAMA Wolf, how did he knew I love chocolate so much? I smiled at him and nodded.

He got up and took the chocolate heart. He put it inside my mouth and wow, it tastes so great. The heart was a bit thick so I have to chew properly. I felt something hard so I finished the chocolate first and took out the hard thing.

It was a ring. He took out his handkerchief and wiped the ring then slipped it into my finger. It fits perfectly. Damn Kris you stalker. I looked at him and smiled widely. I hugged him, mumbling a thank you.

I pulled back, still smiling. I see his cheeks were slightly pink so I giggled softly. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around, seeing my father.

I bowed immediately. Kris did the same. I heard father chuckle.

“So you both met already and I see you accepted Kris.”, he said, pointing at the ring. I blushed and nodded. Kris rubbed the back of his neck. Father chuckled once again.

“You’re turning 23 next month and I want you to get married. Kris, your parents already agreed that you’ll be Hyemi’s fiancé. I think you’re okay with that, right?”, Father asked Kris. Kris pulled me to his side.

“I’m very okay with that, my king.”, he said and we all laughed. Father patted my shoulder.

“Well then, we’ll be leaving soon. Talk to Kris next time.”, Father said and he pulled me away from Kris. I nodded and waved good bye to Kris. He bowed and I bowed back.

 

We arrived at our castle after an hour. I kissed my parents’ cheek and went to my room. As usual, my sleeping clothes are already tidied up. I took my towel and took a warm bath.

After my bath, I wore my sleeping clothes. Jumping on my bed, I immediately fell asleep with a smile.

 

 

----@@@@----

 

HAHAHAH How was it? Kai’s part wasn’t actually in the original scene but I added it. O u O