you can fight the fire that's in your head

Your Daily Assortment of EXO Fanfics

ACCOUNT DELETED


`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*you can fight the fire that's in your head`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*

author: forgottenoceans

Pairing: Jongdae/Yixing

Rating: PG
Prompt: Definition
Length: ~5500 words
Summary: He's cold when he wakes.

a/n: apparently I only write stories about Jongdae being injured/sick orz my apologies

 

 

General: Jongdae dreams of loss and of coldness, resigning to accept both. But then he falls sick and the only person he sees is Yixing.

My Thoughts: Honestly, I wasn't planning to read this story. The dream in the beginning was abstract to a sense that I thought the whole story was painted in those colors. Thankfully, it wasn't (I wouldn't have the time to take it all in) and instead, it's a bandfic with a visit from Mr. Malady. What really impressed me with this story was each characterization. You have Luhan's excessive worried fretting, Minseok's understanding patience, Kris's ability to be strong as a leader in such situations, and Tao's occasional maknae actions that makes the story much more realistic. Yixing dotes so much on Jongdae when he gets sick, being there when Jongdae wakes up and in general, giving him all the attention. And Jongdae himself. His dreams and thoughts, especially the former, capture his confusion and fear really well. I like how this wasn't too humorous or dramatic. It was a realistic and very sweet read, and I think I will come to really love this fic. There are so many lines that I would quote but I'll leave it to you to read.

Pairing: Yixing/Jongdae

Length: oneshot