Sleep Now

Bleeding Night

Streams of tears gushed down through her eyes to her cheeks. She wailed at the loss of her dear family right before her.

Before she knew it, she lost out of control; her consciousness began to subside as anger manipulated her sanity.

When she did regain her sense, all she saw was blood.

Blood everywhere.

From her clothes to her hands were especially stained with the red fluid. When she swallowed in, tasted the bitter flavor of blood as well.

She scanned the room she occupied only to see every living being in it was annihilated in a very merciless way.

“Who did this?” she rushed to one of the cold corpse laid on the floor. Then a pang of realization thumped her. She finally grasped the fact that she was the only one survived in the room.

“No. It can’t be. Did I kill all of them?” shaking her head, she staggered backwards only to land on the floor. Her whole body trembled in fear of the reality that she was the only possible cause of the mass murder.

She bend and hugged herself as if making a protective layer around her,  rocking back and forth, telling herself she never would have done such a thing; until a hand tapped her from behind.

Joohyun turned around hoping to see someone who was warm enough to inform her that she was not the culprit behind this calamity. However she never felt so wronged as soon as she saw him, she was struck at how cold his eyes towards her were. His presence exuded such menacing and disturbing atmosphere as he glared upon her.

“Yes. You are the one who did all this.” The very words of the boy who may not be much older than her; made Joohyun froze on the spot. That was not the news she was expecting for. She did nothing wrong. She never had any intend to harm an insect before let alone a human! She did not even remember what had happen since the last thing in her memory was of her grieving over the death of her family.

Wait.

Where exactly she is now?

“Don’t tell me…” she trailed off shocked by her own reasoning. There is only one justification that could explain the whole situation.

“You end up here to seek revenge for your family.” Almost like a physic, the boy answered her utmost implausible thought.

Immediately, her eyes released tears profusely. She could not accept the truth lay upon her. She cupped her face as her entire body quivered uncontrollably. She enfolded herself tighter in her own embrace.

 

The boy watched her in abhorrence. His insides were burning with intense anger towards the girl.

She shattered his world.

How dare she cry in front of him when he was the one who actually felt every reason he lived for were ripped off from him?

He crouched down to her level and stared at her tired, sadden blood-stained face.

Why was she acting all guilty now when at the beginning she was reportedly to have such a killing spree?

“Funny how you are actually crying over the fact that you murdered my people when just moments ago you were having a blast killing them without any sympathy.”  He uttered ominously, scoffing lifelessly.

Then, he leaned closer to her and whispered to her ears while gently tipping up her chin.

 

“Now sleep and don't ever wake up again.”