1

His Real Self

'Kim Myungsoo! Put on these pants right now!'

'No. I don’t want to.' He whined through the door.

Eyes rolled at the closed door you were forced to talk through. It was less than an hour before the boys were up to perform and your close stylist unnie had to call you over to help her handle L.

She had been the INFINITE stylist since their debut and he just loved to give her a hard time. When you had first began your stylist venture you were her assistant during INFINITE' s debut. The group had grown to know you well, and still to this day, L would only listen to you.

When desperate times called for desperate measures, unnie called you.

And once again, here you were.

*Sigh*

You wondered what you did in your past life to be here like this, trying to sweet talk a full grown 21 years old man with a mentality of an extremely 4D 5 years old child into wearing his stage costume for his incoming performance. Moreover, you can't even remember how many time you had to do this before.

When you were pondering over abandoning your nice noona act on L and instead use physical force to make him wear the pair of pants you were still holding, Sungyeol came over after finishing wearing his own stage costume.

'Hey there, Noona!' He smiled. 'Is Myunggie channelling his inner 5 years old right now?'

'You bet ya!' I smiled back, wishing that L was as easy to handle as Sungyeol. 'Sometimes I wonder just exactly when he will grow up and starts wearing his own clothes without my help.'

'I think you will have to keep wishing hard then. I don't think that will happen anytime soon.' Sungyeol patted your shoulder sympathetically while eyeing the door, the obstacle to the sulking INFINITE's visual and you with his pants.

'Hey! I am still here you know. Don't talk like I am not here! And one more thing, I am NOT a child!' L whined loudly behind the door and you can actually see him pouting in your mind.

'Kim ing Myungsoo! Come out here and wear your costume this instant or I will kick open this door and force it on you!' you kicked the door as a threat as you yelled loudly. 'And stop that, you know that pout won't work on me.'

'Aw Noona, don't curse. You sounded like a gangster. How did you know I was pouting, you can't even see through the door.' L murmured, totally unaffected with your threatening.

Sungyeol suddenly turned you around and looked at you seriously in the eyes, 'OMG, why did you hide this from us? You have X-rays vision?'

'OMG, is that true Noona?' L shrieked from behind the still closed door.

You face-palmed yourself due the stupidity of the two supposedly grown mans.

'No, I don't. If I do have that I would be working with the police to catch criminals right now, not here arguing with you guys. I know because I know you, Myungsoo.' you gently pushed Sungyeol off to where Dongwoo was sitting. 'Sungyeol, why don't you go over there and play with Dongwoo or something? Noona will buy you ice cream later after I finished with this idiot here, ok?'

'Yay! Noona you are the best!' Sungyeol gave you a bear hug and then skipped off happily to Dongwoo, who was playing with his mini controlled car toy from his backpack of wonders and mysteries. You always had a soft spot on Sungyeol. Who wouldn't with him behaving like an adorable little child?

'What about me? I want free ice cream too!' L continued to whined with his inner 5 years old mode at maximum.

'I will buy one for you if you would just come out here and wear this.' you sighed for the nth time. 'Your Be Mine comeback stage will start in 20 minutes and I even have my own idols to take care of. I am not free, you know?'

'But Noona, I don't want to!'

'Can you at least just give me a reason to why you won't wear it?' you asked desperately.

'Uh...cause...cause it is too yellow!' L stuttered nervously.

'Is that the best you can come up with? You were wearing it in the MV. Why can't you wear it now?' you rolled your eyes.

'Um...it because I was feeling yellow then, not now!'

'How do you even feel yellow? Is that even possible?' you thought. 'Well, it is the 4D Myungsoo we are talking about here. Anything is possible with him.'

'God, why are you so childish? Aren't you suppose to be manly and cool or something?' you asked, talking about his L-cosplay.

'That is just my image. You should know this real side of me well.' L complained.

'I wish I didn't...' you sighed.

At that moment, INFINITE' s manager came in and announced, '15 more minutes then you guys are up. Be ready!'

'Seriously Myungsoo, can you just open up the door and wear this?' you begged while kicking the door.

'What will I get in return?' the door creaked open and L looked at you with his extremely rare puppy eyes.

Time was passing by fast so you answered carelessly, 'I will do one thing you want me to do.'

'Anything?'

'Yeah, anything that doesn't involve anyone dying and won't get me in trouble.' you sighed.

'OK!' the pants disappeared in a flash as the door opened and then closed just as fast.

'Well, that was unexpected... I should have done that long ago.' you thought, flabbergasted.

Your close stylist noona came up to you, 'Did you managed to make him wear it?'

'Ne, I did at last.' you smiled.

'Then can you tell him to come to the side of the stage when he is ready? Their performance will start in 10 minutes.' she asked as people in the waiting room began to leave one by one.

'Sure, I will tell him that.'

'Thank you my dongsaeng!' she smiled as she too left the room leaving you alone with L.

You turned your attention back to the still closed door as you noticed that L was taking far too long just to get changed. Time was ticking by and you were impatient. You kicked the door with your foot, 'Jah! Did you hear that? You have to come to the side of the stage when you are ready, ok? I am leaving-'

You wanted to finish your sentence and leave, but the door opened as L grabbed your wrist and yanked you inside the small room. He pushed you up against the same exact door, trapping you between his body and the god damn annoying door. His cute appearance disappeared as he smiled mischievously down at you.

'What the hell are you doing?' you ground you teeth together, glaring up at his handsome smirking face.

'Well, you said you will do whatever I want if I wear the pants, right? See, I wore it didn't I?' L's smirk got wider as he said. 'Now, it is your turn of the deal.'

'Well, what do you want? Ice cream? Just release me and go perform, I will buy it when you are done.' you sighed.

'Ani~' L singsonged. 'I want something different~'

'What now? But can you just release me so we can talk like civilized people?' you wriggled in his grasp to emphasized your point.

'Nah, I can't do that. You would run away if I do~' his smirk got even wider if that was possible.

'Hey this is ual harassment, you know? I will kick you where it hurt of you don't release me!' You continued your protest by moving around as much as possible while trying to step on his feet.

L, however, seemed unfazed as he came closer and whispered in your ear huskily, 'I want a kiss.'

You immediately stopped all of your movement and looked up at him nervously, 'Excuse me? '

'You heard what I said. I want a kiss or else I won't go to the performance!' L threatened as he looked down at you with his smouldering eyes and confident smirk. 'And don't worry, I am not that mean. I just want a kiss on the check~'

'...What?' you stammered while fidgeting in his grasp. 'As...as if that is any better!'

'Come on Noona. Time is ticking~' L singsonged as he moved his cheek toward you.

You trembled in embarrassment but still stood on your tiptoed and quickly gave him a small pecked on his cheek.

'There...are...are you happy now?' you flushed bright red as you glared up at him in shame.

'Aw Noona~ I am! In fact, I was never this happy before~' L smiled his adorable, shy smile that always make your heart flutters and filled your stomach with high-on-sugar butterflies.

'.....' you pouted as you looked down to your feet. You can literally felt smokes coming out from your ears.

'Aw, everything you do is so cute!' L smiled as he lifted your chin up and pressed a kiss on your forehead.

'You are the cute one...' you thought, still dazed to what was happening due to his unexpected kiss.

Talking about unexpected, L again managed to blow you off your feet as he pulled you into a tight hug and whispered in your ear again, 'Hey Noona, I like you.'

'Eh...you what? ' you stuttered from his shoulder.

'Why do you think I always created tantrums ever since you stopped being our stylist so Yieun noona had no choice but to call you over to handle me?' L squeezed you a bit tighter as he confessed sincerely. 'It is because I want to see you.'

'Myungsoo...' you muttered as you flushed an even deeper shade of red.

L gave you one last squeeze and then he released you to hold you by your shoulders at arm length.

'Tell me your answer when you are ready, ok?' He gave you a quick peck on your forehead and disappeared through the door, leaving you still dumbstruck-ed to the whole situation.

As you slowly slid down the door to sit on the floor, your mind wandered off aimlessly. You blushed as you suddenly remembered L's smouldering, mature glaze and then to his cute, childish smile.

You touched the spot on your forehead that he kissed twice, blushed again and then thought out loud quietly, 'I wonder which one is his real self?'