[Book 6.1] Cat Haven: I Have Something For You

The Idol Anthology {Previously: The Dream World}

[Book 6] Cat Haven

Chapter 1: I Have Something For You

Inspiration ~ myself + my cat

Misaki_Kirihara_Profil.jpg71f61cd1240f3cd503a9697112e127b2.jpg%CE%B1%CF%81%CF%87%CE%B5%CE%AF%CE%BF+%CEenhanced-buzz-1388-1366652920-9.jpg02952.jpgragdoll_kitten_by_a13lackrose-d3g32mr.jp
acshinra.pngtumblr_nmxgbh8TcS1u5gqdjo1_400.jpgpixiebob.jpg200px-Ff7ac-cloud-render.jpgDCP02115.jpgH_Saeko_Busujima.jpg
Bang Dari + Lee Howon/Hoya + Jang Dongwoo + Nam Woohyun, Park Miyoung + Lee Sungyeol,
Choi Sooyeon + Lee Sungjong +Kim Myungsoo, Byul Yuki + Sunggyu


Dari rubbed her temples as she closed the door behind her.

"I hope they arrive soon," she mumbled to herself, walking down the large white marble staircase.

The sound of a doorbell ringing had the female bounding down the stairs faster. Opening the door with fervor, she attacked the people at the door with a big hug.

"I'm so glad you three made it!" 

She beamed at them as she pulled away, leading them into her large house.

"So what is this 'super important emergency meeting' about?" Sooyeon, the shortest of the three newcomers asked, clicking her tongue. "You know I was in the middle of something."

All of the other girls rolled their eyes.

"You mean you were coding on the computer?" Yuki - the tallest of the three stated matter-of-factly, nudging the shorter female.

Dari and Miyoung laughed lightly at Yuki's interaction with Sooyeon.

"I have something for you three, or some... things." Dari mused," follow me up here."

"Presents?!" Miyoung's eyes blew wide," do we get presents?"

Her excitement was obvious as she started jumping in place, her hands clapping together.

"Oh my gosh dongsaeng you need to calm down!" Yuki laughed, patting her younger friend on the back.

Sooyeon rolled her eyes," Dari, you know that just because you're family owns a highly prestigous international pet and hybrid store chain that makes a lot of money doesn't mean you can buy us stuff all the time.

Dari raised her eyebrows, pointing her finger at the other female.

"One, that is totally not true - I am allowed to buy whatever I want for you guys whenever I want. Two, I didn't really buy you guys anything and three... well, just follow me."

As the owner of the house, she lead the other three females up the grand staircase. When they reached the top, the group walked down the hallway towards the end, stopping in front of one of the last doors. Dari turned around to face the other three females who were gathering around the door.

"Alright now, the things I have for you are right through this door. But as I open the door you guys have to get into the room as fast as possible."

The other three girls made the same confused face all at once and Dari just rolled her eyes.

"What? Don't you trust me?" Dari joked before continuing," Okay, you ready?"

The three girls just nodded slowly, obviously apprehensive about the whole situation.

"On the count of three.." 

She took the handle of the door in one hand.

"Three..."

Dari saw the three girls tense visually and laughed internally.

"Two..." she huffed out, turning the nob.

"One, go!"

Dari pushed the door open and jumped inside, watching as the other girls shuffled in just as fast and slamming the door shut behind the three. She turned around and threw her hands up in the air.

"Tada!"

Miyoung squealed in delight," Kittens!!! Oh my god! Are they for us?"

Sooyeon gasped, breaking her calm composure while Yuki's eyes widened in surprise. Dari laughed as she watched her three friends' various reactions at the sight of baby cats everywhere. There were a total of seven, all male, all small enough to fit comfortably in two hands, and all different personality wise. Some were lounging around, one was greeting the girls at the door (a small, fluffy white one with bright blue eyes), and the rest were jumping around energetically.

"Let me introduce you all," Dari smiled.

She bent down and picked up the kitten that had greeted them at the door. It had beautiful white hair with a black splotch right on his nose. The black fur that stretched up its legs gave the impression that the kitten was wearing socks.

"This is Sungyeol! He's definitely one of the calmer cats and likes lazing around." Dari walked over to Miyoung and the cat happily into her arms. "He's for you Miyoung!"

The younger girl's eyes sparkled in sheer joy as she cradled the young kitten, his blue eyes sparkling up at her. Walking towards the center of the room to sit on the plush couch, Dari sat next to a few kittens. Her friends gathered around (even Miyoung who was still enthralled by the cat lying in her arms), watching as Dari picked up two of the lounging cats, placing them on her knees. They looked strangely similar but different at the same time - both cats had short bobs for tails but one had stripes while the other had spots.

"This one on the left with the white tail and the spots is Myungsoo - I also call him L because of this mark here," Dari turned the kittens head, a large L shaped mark that stretched down his back. "The other cat, Sungjong, is here." She pointed to the cat on her right leg," his identifying features are his black bobbed tail, the stripes on his legs, and the little tufts of fur that poke off his ears."

Dari looked up at her three friends before standing with both cats cradled in her arms.

"Sungjong here is well behaved but loves attention, he loves being held." Dari nuzzled her head against the Sunjong before doing the same to the other cat. "Myungsoo is both playful and lazy - if that makes sense. These two get along especially well."

Dari approached Sooyeon and held the cats out towards her," They are for you."

The female blinked as she watched how the cats nuzzled against each other before looking up at her. Sooyeon reached out for Sungjong with both hands, Dari placing Myungsoo on the female's shoulder simultaneously. Both Yuki and Dari smiled at how the other female's face softened as she looked between the two kittens.

"Yup, those two are definitely perfect for you!" Dari clapped happily before turning to look at the only female not currently holding a cat. "Now for you I have Sunggyu... but where is he?"

Dari tapped her chin, turning in various directions in an attempt to find the other cat. 

"Is it that one?" Yuki pointed to a beautiful siamese cat.

Dari turned around to try and find where Yuki was gesturing to," Which o- Woohyun stop it right now!"

Yuki watched her friend run towards the small kitten which was currently climbing up some pretty expensive looking drapes. He was using his nails of course, leaving a trail of small but noticable puncture marks as he rose. Dari growled at the cat, scolding him softly as she carried him towards her friends who were all watching the event unfold.

"This little booger here is Woohyun. He may look cute but- AGH!" Dari's eyes widened in shock as the kitten bit on her hand. "He's a little rough. I will be keeping this one, he's a handfull."

Dari glared slightly at the small kitten before softening noticably as he stared up at her with the most innocent look on his face. She sighed, before propping the Siamese on her shoulder. Miyoung was still holding Sungyeol and Sooyeon her two cats as they snickered at Dari's interactions with Woohyun. Yuki plooped down on the couch, watching and waiting as Dari continued looking around the room for another cat.

Dari looked down at the kitten on her shoulder," Woo-baby, do you know where Sunggyu is?"

The kitten his owner's face before he stretched one of his front paws forward, flexing out his claws slightly as he pointed upward slightly to a large white dresser. Following where the kitten pointed, Dari caught a glimpse of the white cat Sunggyu. She poked the Siamese kitten on the nose and whispered a thank you - a gesture that was reciprocated by a against her neck and a tiny mewl.

"He's right here Yuki! Come on over!" 

The other girl lifted herself off the couch and joined her friend who was patting a fluffy white kitten.

"This little guy is Sunggyu. He likes climbing on top of things. He's for you Yuki."

Dari picked up the white cat and held him out to Yuki.

"Unnie... You know, I'm more of a dog person?"

Dari rolled her eyes at the other female's comment and set the kitten down on top of Yuki's head. The female had no choice but to grab the kitten, not wanting him fall off.

"He acts like a dog, always demanding attention," Dari laughed lightly at her friend who was attempting to pull the small bundle of fur off her head. "You'll like him, I promise."

She moved over to a pair of cats that were sitting together on the small coffee table in the middle of the room. The white and orange one was lazily grooming a fuzzy gray one. The other three girls tried their best to pay attention to their friend while simultaneously amusing their new companions.

"The two here are Dongwoo and Hoya." The girl reached out to pet the two felines, both of them arching into her palms and purring. "Dongwoo - the one with orange - likes messing around alot with the other cats while Hoya - the Russian Blue - generally minds his own business or acts as a peacekeeper between the other kittens."

She smiled as the two curled up around her hands, running their sandpaper-like tongues accross her fingers.

Dari continued petting the kittens as she spoke up," I'll be keeping Hoya, Dongwoo and- AGH Woohyun!

The Siamese bundle who was still resting on her shoulder had stuck out his claws, lodging his tiny paw in the side of her neck. His tail was thrashing back and forth as he meowed cutely but defiantly. Dari immediately pulled away from the other kittens (who looked rather dejected but quickly resumed their previous activities) and grabbed Woohyun from off her shoulder.

Yuki burst into laughter," He looks jealous."

Dari rolled her eyes and placed the kitten down on the coffee table next to Dongwoo and Hoya," So how do you guys like your presents?"

She smiled up at her friends and they all nodded except Sooyeon.

"Well, it's not that I don't like them... It's just where did you get them from?" the shorter female questioned.

The owner of the house rose up and chewed on her lip," Well, when I got to my shop they were in a box on the doorstep. Their was a picture of all the cats - labeled with their names - and a small note on the back asking me to take care of them."

When she saw the strange looks on her friends' face she continued," I had them all checked for diseases and pests and proceeded to vaccinate them and all that stuff so you don't need to worry about that."

Sooyeon was the first to speak up," Are they just cats or are they hybrids?"

Dari cleared ," I actually don't know?" She laughed lightly, scratching the back of her head nervously," They are too young to morph into their human forms if they are hybrids so we won't be able to tell."

Miyoung and Yuki both didn't seem to care about Sooyeon's worries, but the latter obviously wasn't entirely happy with the lack of knowledge.

"Sooyeon, you get two as an early birthday present, Miyoung yours is to keep you busy, and Yuki yours is to try to keep you home and out of trouble," Dari clapped happily, Sooyeon softening slightly as her two cats rubbed their heads against her cheeks.

"If later on you don't want them or they become too hard to handle, I'll take them back or put them up for adoption at my shop."

Miyoung's eyes went wide in shock. She pulled Sungyeol closer to her chest," I will definitely keep him! I'd never give him up! I love him too much."

The other girls all rolled their eyes at the youngest but Dari smiled, glad the two were getting along.

Yuki was the next to speak up," I'll definitely try to keep him but... I've never had a cat before and I don't have any supplies at home for him."

"Me neither!" Miyoung chimed in.

"Ah yes!" Dari stood up from the couch, giving the three kittens one last rub on the head before continuing, "Please follow me~! You can bring the kittens with you."

The owner of the house ushered the girls and their new companions out of the room, securing the door behind her before bounding down the stairs. The girls stopped in the living room where there were three large piles of stuff.

"I have prepared each of you your own little kitten-care-kit!" Dari smiled as she led each girl to her pile.

Yuki scoffed," How could you call this little?!"

"I thought you said you didn't buy us anything?" Sooyeon interupted, glaring at Dari.

"Technically I didn't! The cats were free and I own the shop so I didn't have to pay!" She grinned at Sooyeon who coulsn't really protest as Dari continued talking.

"I have each of you pretty much the same things but in different colors and specific to your species of cat." Dari pulled out the items as she spoke. "Each of you get cat carriers, leashes, adjustable collars, litterboxes, cat food, cat formula, cat treats, cat brushes, cat scratching poles, cat bowl-"

"Alright, alright we get it," Sooyeon huffed," You got us too much stuff."

Dari growled," I'm just making sure you have what is necessary! Sooyeon, you get double of everything because you have two cats. Sungjong is an American Bobtail while Myungsoo is a Pixie Bob. Yuki, Sunggyu is a Turkish Angora - don't get freaked out if one day you wake up and one of his eyes is brown instead of blue, it's a common mutation in the breed. Miyoung you have a Ragdoll, so named because of the way the breed tends to relax in such a way that they hang limp in their owner's arms while resting. I also included short informational pamphlets on each breed so you know a little bit more about them."

The female tapped her chin, trying to thing if she left anything out.

"Oh yeah!" She rummaged through Sooyeon's pile before finding what she was looking for. "All the collar's have this infinite charm. I thought it fit cuz our friendship with each other and now our kittens will continue infinitely."


Author's Note: I hope you guys liked it! I will definitely be  writing more cute cat moments