#1 Carved Name

A Werewolf Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From some time in a wood, there is a family of three. They are a married couple and their only son. They live in a simple-designed cabin with all the basic facilities are provided; the bedrooms, the kitchen, the bathroom and the living room. The house is a perfect fit for the family. The father earns cash by selling firewood in the town, while the mother stays at home to look after the house. Their son is 17 years old and is attending the town’s high school.

His name is Kris. At school, Kris is quite popular for his looks and height. Although he is favoured so much, he is not arrogant; instead, he is a very kind-hearted and light-headed. After school, he will go to his part-time job to help preserving his family and return home late at night. There were times where he wanted to give up, but he threw the feelings away when he thought of his parents.

            On one fine day, Kris and his father were out in the woods to get some firewood. They set out early at 6 in the morning, bringing a complete set of tools for getting firewood. For 4 hours, they managed to get quite a number of firewood. So, they decided to take a rest for a while. Settling themselves under a shady tree, they started up a father-son conversation.

As they were laughing and talking, Kris heard a faint cry of a baby. Immediately he gestured his father to pipe down for moment so that he could hear the sound more clearly. Hearing that the baby’s cry sounded so close, Kris was eager to check it out, and his father tagged along. The further the two walked into the woods, the louder the cry gotten. There weren’t even a tiny bit of fear in the two. Kris and his father halted when they heard the sound of the cry coming out from just behind the bushes in front of them.

            It surprised both of them when they saw a crying little figure wrapped nicely in a towel with a bag placed next to it. Kris approached the baby as his father stayed behind, still not sure if it’s safe to be so close to the unknown little figure. When Kris was closed enough to the baby, he noticed there was a no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter