Into Your World

[ONE-SHOT] Into Your World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris sat on the swing in the park alone, and swayed slowly, as his heart beats. He sighed once, then once more, and looked up at the blazing sun.

“Orange, yellow, round. Bringing happiness and life; the sun perks me up.”

A random haiku he thought of on the spot. He then sighed again and kicked the sand hard. For the whole day, he had been thinking about what he might be good at. He tried drawing and he tried singing, sadly, both didn’t work out for him. Seems like poetry wasn’t his thing too.

 

His right foot not leaving the sand alone, Kris looked down at the ground and cursed himself. He disliked the fact that he couldn’t find anything he was good at, and hated the fact that the girl he loved disliked the former truth too.

Kris then lifted his feet off the ground and started swinging himself. He mustn’t be taken aback, he thought, there must be something he’s good at. He swung for a while more and started to pick up speed. He found himself enjoying the ride and smiling for the first time since that day started. He did felt slightly childish, for no man of his age would do that, but he carried on for he really needed a boost of “happy-ness”.

 

One thing Kris didn’t notice was the bunch of teenagers who judged him from one side. One of them, probably the leader, snickered and whispered to the strongest member. They smirked and the strongest one nodded to the leader’s instructions.

The strongest guy went beside Kris and waited for a while. Kris smelled something fishy, and knew that he was somewhat in trouble. He wanted to get off the swing quick, but because he was swinging so fast and so high, he was unable to get off.

When Kris was at the peak of swinging in front, the strong guy pulled the swing back and away from Kris, and the group of teenage boys cheered spontaneously. Kris then found himself, for the first time in his life, flying, like what he always wanted to do. He screamed and flapped around a bit in the air, before dropping down like Fat Man falling onto Nagasaki (that was, before that bomb blew up).

The fall didn’t hurt Kris as much as he thought it would; the poor man below him suffered more injuries. The man below him groaned and lifted his face off the sand. Seeing that scene, the gang laughed even harder, so hard that Kris swore one boy peed in his pants.

Kris was so mad that he got up as fast as he could, grabbed some sand in both hands and ran over to the boys and threw it at them.

“I’m giving you boys three seconds to SCRAM!”

And the cowards took less than half to disappear.

 

Kris turned back to the accidental victim of the teenage boys’ prank. He was sitting on the sand, crying (not literally crying, mind you) over the fact that sand was all over his face.

“Gosh, why are so many bad things happening to me today?”

“Hello? Are you alright?”

 “What do you think? I have sand on my face, scratches on my arm, I scraped my knee, and might have broken some bones if you weighed a few more pounds!” That person said while pointing to the respective parts of his body as he spoke, but didn’t turn to look at Kris.

Kris was slightly annoyed, he wasn’t having a good day too and this man… or boy wasn’t being understanding, Kris was a victim too. But because that “man-boy” was an accidental victim, he kept it in and spoke to him in a polite tone.

“Mister, did you really think falling from the sky was fun? It hurts for me too, alright?”

The accidental victim looked up at Kris and narrowed his eyes at him. Actually another reason why he narrowed his eyes was because the sun was glaring back at him from behind Kris.

“Who are you? Why did you fall from the sky? Are you an angel or something?”

Kris scratched his head, he didn’t know why he said that. Kris then nodded awkwardly.

 

Kris reached his hands out and offered to pull that person up. He grabbed Kris and Kris pulled him up. That person dusted himself and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter