01

Hey, Thank You

"Where is that notebook?" As you searched for a green coloured notebook hidden somewhere in the pile of books right infront of you. While you searched frantically for the book a pretty young lady walks in holding something familiar ...

"Looking for this?" The lady said swaying the book left-right.

"OMO! UNNIE THANK YOU , THANK YOU ! You know that's why I love you right? Ehehe" trying to grab hold of the book but failed to as the older one was way taller than you.

"Yes , I know you love your beautiful unnie BUT remember I don't want you back home late after your little adventure understood?"

"Ne~ whatever faster give me the book already" you finally got your book and slid on your sneakers and went out.

 

You held on to your book tightly and walked straight to the bridge nearby the river . Breathing in the fresh air was so nice , it felt so relaxing after a day full of work. Today was the day where your father died after being , murdered at this exact bridge six years ago. He was your only hope after your mother left for some 'work' to do overseas , he was the only father that was so friendly that at certain times you wonder if he was really your father and not your bestfriend. After that day you as any other kid would do .. started locking yourself in your room and became anti-social until one day you started writing, writing about pratically anything be it what you ate , what you wore and everything you see. You were so addicted to writing that your teacher even once asked you to join a competition sadly you didn't win the competition but you never gave up and continued writing.

 

After discovering your talent for writing , you decided to write 'letters' to your father telling him whatever happened that day and all those letters are written in the green notebook you were holding. So every year on this very day you will go to the bridge and write down what's going on at that place. With one hand in your pocket you continued walking further when you heard a group people gasping and pointing at something pr should i say someone . Curious, you went towards the direction they were at. A slim tall boy was threatening who ever came close to him , he will jump off the bridge. Memories of your father being murdered here came back , a tear escaped from your eyes as you quickly wipe the tear , you headed towards the boy. 

 

"Annyeong~" you said calmly

"Go away! Or else I'm going to jump!"

"Go ahead then... you would have jumped since just now but no you didn't huh? You're afraid of death aren't you?" 

 

You heard gasps coming from the people surrounding you , you turned to the crowd and politely asked them to leave after doing so you turned your attention back to the boy.. you walked closer to the frail looking boy offering a hand for him to grab on but he didn't do so .

 

"Ya! Ppali~ my arm is aching you know" 

 

You felt something warm touching you, seems like the boy accepted your offer. His hands were really warm for someone standing so long in the cold. You introduced yourself and asked for his name in return

 

"I'm c-cha-chansik, Gong Chansik" he replied looking down.

"Well, nice to meet you Chansik, want to have some coffee nearby?" You offered as you wanted warmth in this cold weather.

"S-su-sure" a faint answer was heard. You just giggled at the thought he was going to commit suicide a few minutes ago and now he is agreeing on a cup of coffee with a complete stranger.

 

As you sat down you realised Chansik was standing instead of sitting down.

 

"Chansik-ssi, are you a babo? Sit down please it's embarassing..." you said while pulling Chansik's sleeve so he will sit.

After ordering the drinks you asked him a question 

 

"Would you mind telling me what happened that made you do that?"

 

Tears started streaming his eyes after a few seconds , dumbfounded you sat there panicking...