Why?

I Heart You

 

 

 

_____________________________________________

I sat on the swing, moving back and forth slowly, my hands outreached, trying to grasp the clouds. I wondered how it would feel to be in the sky. Today was the day. I would tell him - my boyfriend, Luhan - about the operation I had fearfully hidden from him for all these years.

I smiled grimly, just thinking about what his reaction would be, sighing deeply. *He's going to be so mad...And freaked out...*

Memories rushed back into her head almost immediately. They'd been through so many things together, both good and bad. They trusted each other so much and had even been voted for the best couple award.

She remembered how he had been there for her when she was at her lowest. There had been numerous days she had cried since her mother passed away, her heart bruised by the loss. 

If it had not been for Luhan, she would have thrown herself from a skyscraper long ago, committing suicide.

Luhan taught her what it meant to be alive. 

She also remembered how devastated she had been when she'd heard that Luhan wanted going to leave her for another woman, when in reality, he only did it for her

It was a funny story that involved traveling to Japan and making many friends who had helped her along the way. 

Reminiscing on those moments made her happy, but also sad.

She looked up to the clear blue sky and squinting against the brightness of the sun. A figure suddenly loomed over her, blocking her view.

"Guess who~" it sang.

"Luhan?"

"Bingo~" he smiled cheekily and sat down on the swing next to her, the warm smile plastered on his face. The one that made her heart flutter, crazily.

"So, why did you call me here so early in the morning?" he asked, looking down at the ground beneath his feet, kicking at the sand.  He looked back up at her, giving her his signature smile.

*Here goes,* she thought, in a deep breath and looked down.

"I have to have a heart operation." she replied curtly, before she talked herself out of it. Her eyes never left her lap, her hands fidgeting with the hem of her skirt, bracing herself for what would come next.

But there was no reply.

Worried, she peeked up at him through her hair as it had fallen to hide her face.

"Aren't you mad?" she asked, earning a small chuckle that confused her. Moving her hair back behind her ear, she looked at him. He was  smiling sadly, face turned toward the sky.

"I knew... " He had discovered it only three months ago after becoming suspicious of her symptoms.

Slowly, he inhaled a shaky breath. Just the thought of the girl he loved so much and held so dear suffering was so terrible and devastating that he felt as if the whole world was crumbling away. *Why her? Why couldn't it have been me?* 

It wasn't fair. Life wasn't fair. They'd only been together for half a year. How long had she been suffering alone? Why didn't she tell me? Doesn't she trust me? 

So many unasked questions had plagued him. A tear slid down his cheek as he started swinging slowly on the swing.

Memories came to him from the day he had confessed to her for the first time...

"Do you still remember?" he asked. She simply looked at him, dumb-founded. He just smiled. "The day I confessed to you." Chuckling, he ruffled her hair, adding, "Pabo." She blushed slightly, smiling at the memory.


Flashback<<

They were out, buying some Christmas presents for each other. They had gotten distracted, however, and ended up wasting the money on games at the arcade, leaving them penniless.

The arcade was super addictive, and it was also harmful to your wallets. Especially when you're determined to beat the hell out of each other, thanks to your competitive personalities.

The walked to a nearby bench, and falling onto the seat completely exhausted. "My wallet and I are crying..." she groaned, letting out a fake sob. She sighed. "Yah!" she burst, furrowing her brow at the lazy fellow next to her. "This is all your fault," she complained.

Sighing, Luhan took out his phone and began to play Temple Run 2 seemingly oblivious to the angry aura emanating from the girl beside him It was her turn to sigh. "Urgh...nevermind..." She wondered how many times she'd sighed that day, bringing forth yet another sigh.

She decided to take out her phone to check her Instagram, before secretly pulling up Luhan's account. She enjoyed looking through his pictures - derpy ones, handsome ones, cute ones and some super funny ones. She couldn't help but giggle.

This caught Luhan's attention. He snuck a peek at her phone, curious to see what she was giggling about and smirked.

*Pabo~* he thought, shaking his head, before returning to his game. He found it hard to concentrate, however, knowing that his crush was giggling over his INSTAGRAM photos... He found this cute, and really, really funny.

"Luhan!" Pulling him from his thoughts, she suggested, "Let's take a picture together, neh? I want more followers~" she sang happily, turning to him.

He wanted to reject, but an idea struck him. "Sure," he replied huskily, noticing her blush before she attempted to hide it by turning away.

"Okay, I have it on the timmer. Hana, dhul, se-" she stopped, mouth gaping open and eyes the size of saucers, her cheeks flushed crimson red as she felt a pair of soft lips on her cheek.

*Ouh MAI GAWD.... Did he just-*

Click-

The picture was taken as she herself was slowly turning numb...

She turned her wide eyes  at Luhan in surprised and saw him blushing slightly. "I- I love you.... Minji... I really do love you." he stuttered and looked away.

"But it's okay if you.. erm," he clear he throat before continuing," It's okay if you don't feel the same about me."

He gave her a gentle smile and stood up. "Well look at the time! I'll you to the taxi stand neh?"

He was about to move forward when he felt a hand tug his shirt followed by a pair of arms that circled his waist which made him jerk at the sudden contact between them.

 "Luhan...I- I love you too... I'm sorry I couldn't answer straight away. I was just wondering if this was a dream and before I knew it you were about  to walk away and so I- erm, hugged you on instinct. I- I love you." she replied hiding her face in his back.

Luhan smiled and felt an urge. The urge to protect her has risen. The urge to do things with her grew. The adreline which rushed through him was just too much he thought that he had taken so much candy to make him feel this happy.

"I know... I saw you looking at my instagram account..." he replied simply and felt her cheeks heat up behind her.

"PABO!" she half screamed and felt Luhan turn around facing her.

"Now let's take a proper picture alright?" he smiled cheekily and on the camera, "Kimchi!" he whispered and the picture was taken with them hugging each other both their faces were red but Minji's on was simply bright red.

End of flashback-


"I love you." Minji blurted out.

"I love you more."he replied walked over to her, tears flowing down his face as he hugged her tightly like he was going to lose his heart too.

Without Minji, his life would be nothing.

His life would be empty and he would feel like someone had locked him up into an empty room filled with darkness with noway out.

Minji was his only way out. He needed her.

"You are the stars of the night to me Minji, if there are no stars, darkness would be all over the place." he cried as he felt her hug tightened around him.

"Minji-" he paused.

He realised within a brief moment that what Minji needed right now was someone to spend her last few hours together happily and not full of sorrow and sadness. This would only leave bitter memories.

Her whole body shook which signified her being frightened and was trying her best to make him, the one who was healthy better when it was suppose to be the other way.

He took in a deep breath and pulled back facing her with a big smile on his face.

All the sadness in him disappeared in an instant replacing with a face full of love and passion. Eyes that reassured her that everything would be okay.

"I don't want to die. Luhan. There's so many things I want to do. I want to go to the US with you. I want to study with you I, I want to be with you forever." She cried and sobbed harder than ever.

"You'll survive Minji, I'll make sure you will." he told her as he gazed upon her eyes seriously and kissed her full of love and passion. 


The time has come...

"Promise me that you'll be here when I wake up." Minji smiled and held onto his hand.

He gave her a small smile and carassed her cheeks, bringing her hair behind her ear.

"I love you Minji. Always remember that."

 

- After the operation

 

Minji woke up to the bright lights and groaned. *I'm alive!*

Images of what happened filled her head.

*Luhan!*

She looks around and saw her father's big smile.

"Appa! Where's Luhan? He said he would be here when I wake up."

Her appa looked at her eyes full of pity and sympathy. 

"Sweetie didn't you know who gave you the heart?" appa asked shocked.

~End~


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hope you like this story so yeah~ I'll do a happily ever after for those who hates tradgedy. So here goes-

"Sweetie didn't you know who gave you the heart?" oppa asked shocked.

"What are you talking about? APPA! Don't tell me he-"

"He's right here."  Luhan spoke and gave your appa a small smile before hugging Minji tightly whose face was tear stained already. "APPA!" she chided and saw her father chuckle heartily, "Just kidding my dear,"he smiled and walked to Luhan.

"I'll leave you two alone now..."he whispered, "But if you hurt her, I'll make sure you'll be the one who gets it." he warned dangerously and emphasized the it.

Luhan nodded and turned his attention to you as your appa left. 

"I thought you were gone... I thought-"

"Shhhhhh... I'm here now,"he smiled and laid her back on the bed. "Now get some sleep the doctor said you need some rest..." 

"But what if I wake up and you're no longer here?"

"I won't... C'mon, I'll sing for you~"he pursuaded and sang.

 

 


Hope you enjoyed this story... I'm sorry for not doing you vids or updating my stories but I'm rushing to finish all my homework and school's starting in a few days so please endure! Mianhe! Don't give up okay>< I'm super sorry for all my subbies and I'll make it up to you so yeah... Here's a short story for you guys... Saranghaeyo! Hope that you like this story! 

Follow me on Instagram!!