Our Heartstrings... Our Song

My Lyrics... My Music... Our Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye is celebrating her 10th year anniversary since she became an actress. It's not a secret that she was first trained to be a singer but eventually ended up being an actress instead. 

When she was asked by her manager on what she wanted to do to celebrate her anniversary she came up with an idea that she really wanted to do.

"Oppa, can I really decide on what I want to do for my anniversary?" Shin Hye asked her manager.

He nodded and she smile happily. 

"If that's the case, then I want to fulfil my greatest dream for my anniversary." She said while clapping her hands.

"Do you mean...?" Shin Hye interrupt him. "Yes Oppa. I want to launch an album to celebrate my ten years in the entertainment industry."

Her manager is thinking if she's really serious but knowing Shin Hye he knows if she decided on something it's final. 

"I know you really want this. Don't worry about that. Tomorrow I will discuss this with Hyung. I think we can talk to the recording companies who released the songs from your dramas and movies. We can just collate all the songs and you can already release an album." He said.

Shin Hye suddenly felt sad when she heard her manager. His manager noticed it.

"Shin Hye-ah, is there something wrong with what I have said?" He asked.

"Oppa, when I said I want an album I want to be part of it. It means I want one of the songs written by me." She said and sighed.

"What do you mean song written by you?" He was curious.

Shin Hye stand up and went to the window. She looked at the view of Han River where her condo has a view of the beauty of it. "I want the people to hear a new song from me. A song that speaks about what Shin Hye feels and not the character I played in my dramas or movies."

"But that will be too risky. What if people won't like it? You're career will be affected too" He asked in concern.

"I know that Oppa. But this is what I want. Can we do something about it?" She was teary eye.

He walks towards Shin Hye and hug her. "Don't cry. We will do as you wish." He looked at her. "You will write a song for your album and it will be a big hit."

Shin Hye can't control her tears and cry.

The next few days, Shin Hye became busy with her projects. Her manager met the President of their agency to discuss about her anniversary project. When everything was settled, her manager brings Shin Hye to the President to discuss her anniversary project.

"Jun told me about your proposal on your anniversary project" President Han said looking at Shin Hye. She felt worried with the way he look her and the tone of his voice. "And I must say it was a good idea" he then smile.

"Really Oppa!!!" She smile and run towards him. "Gomawo Oppa!" She hugged him tight.

He released himself from the hug and pinches her cheek. "Can I say no to my favorite talent?" 

Shin Hye smiles. "Of course you can't!"

"Aigoo! Jun, if all my talents will see this, do you think they will still listen to me when I discuss something with them?" He asked Manager Jun while smiling. 

Manager Jun laughed and said. "I think they will listen…” He paused “Not to you but to Shin Hye"

"Oppa!!!" She walked back to her seat and sit beside him.

"You are already a grown up lady but the way you act in front of me. You are still like the young girl when your Umma brought you to me." He said remembering the first time her mother came to his office. 

At that time FNCSALT, was just starting. Shin Hye's mother came to his office with then ten years old Shin Hye. She trained as a singer for three years but was launched as an actress after being accepted in a drama where she auditioned. 

"Yes Oppa. And I am very thankful that Umma choose your agency." She said and smile.  

"And I am happy too that you are here with me." He smiled but you can see sadness in his eyes.

Manager Jun looked at him and then changed the conversation. "So, what are we going to do with her proposal Hyung?" 

"Just like what Shin Hye wanted, she will have an album. We will include all her songs from her dramas and movies. But the first single will be a song written by her." He gave Shin Hye and Manager Jun sheets of paper. "That will be the list of songs that we will be part of the album."

Shin Hye’s Album Songs List

1. Shin Hye's own song

2. The Day We Fall In Love

3. I will Forget You duet with Lee Jong Hyun

4. Lovely Day

5. What Should I Do duet with Jang Geun Suk

6. Pitch Black

7. Still duet with Lee Hong Ki

8. Without a Words

9. Pretty Boy with Juniel

10. It Was You

"Omo! Oppa, I'll be singing songs with my favorite singers?" She said happily.

"Yes." He smiled. "But that's not all." He smirked.

"Oppa, I don't like that smile of yours. What do you mean by that's not all?" She asked.

Manager Jun, who knows what President Han meant answer her. "What Hyung is saying, you will be working with one more artist."

"One more artist?" She asked and raised her brow. 

"You said you want to write your own song right?" President Han asked and Shin Hye nods. "If you want it to be a successful one, you need to work with someone who is good with that." 

"So?" She asked curious. "I will asked someone to help you and we will let the people see the story of your song."

"Eh?! Oppa I don't get it." She is still lost with what they are saying. 

"You will appear in a reality show for a month. It will feature an actress co writing a song with a well known composer/song writer." Manager Jun explained.

"You will be the first actress in that show. If this will succeed then others will be featured next." President Han added. "And since you want to release an album, when they offered it yesterday I immediately said yes. I hope its ok for you?"

"Of course Oppa! I would love to do that!" She can't hide her happiness. "If I will be working with a song writer, who will it be?" She asked.

"Well about that, I already told MBC that I will choose who you will be working with." He looked at Manager Jun.

"Are you saying you will get him?" He asked surprised.

"Yes." He smiled. "Will he agree?" Manager Jun doubts that the composer will agree.

"I'm sure he will." He smiled and then looks at Shin Hye.

"Who is he Oppa?" She asked.

"You'll meet him soon." President Han answered.

After their meeting, Shin Hye and her manager excuse themselves as they need to leave for her photo shoot. Her manager went to the men's room first while she went down already. 

"Who could it be the composer that I will be working with?" She was busy thinking while walking that she didn't notice that she already bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I'm walking at." She bow but the guy immediately walks away. "What's wrong with him? He should have at least told me if he is ok?" 

Days passed and the schedule for the reality show has been finalized. For a week, Shin Hye and the composer will be staying on a separate villa near a beach in Jeju Island. 

This is the special request of the composer. He doesn’t want to be seen in public but for this show he agreed. The reason, only him and President Han knows. And doing it in a place away from public’s eyes will be better. 

Even the people in charge of the show were surprised when he agreed for the show.

The first day of the shoot will officially start on their flight to Jeju Island. Unknown to Shin Hye, she was actually on the same flight with the composer she will be working with. 

As part of the show, they asked her some questions. It was when she was asked who she expected to work with that made the composer who is sitting only few seats from her smile. 

"Who do I expect to work with? Hmmm..." She acts like thinking. "Lee Hong Ki or Lee Seung Gi?" Then she clasped her hand. "Omo! Will it be too much if I wish it will be Jung Yong Hwa?!" She smiled but it eventually fades. "But we do all know that he doesn't like being in public right?" 

"I don't but for my Shinnie I'll do anything." Yong Hwa whispered that only he can hear.

Once they reach the airport, Shin Hye used a separate car from Yong Hwa. When she reached her villa, she was informed that the composer already arrived and was staying on the villa next to her.

"Really?! When will I meet him?" She is really excited.

"You will meet him in time." The staff answered her. 

"What do you mean in time?" She asked.

The staff explained to her that for the next three days, which means until Thursday. She and the composer will meet in a special room in her villa. Friday and Saturday, they will let them decide on what they want to do.

The next day, Shin Hye was so excited for the start of her shoot. But she was surprised when she reached the special room. 

"What is this?" She asked "Why do we have a wall here? It looks like a confession room?" She feels a bit irritated with the set up. 

The staff explained to her that it was the request of the composer. He prefers that while they are composing the song they won't see each other. 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter