Date

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Just when Jieun's parents finished eating, the doorbell rang loudly.

 

“I got it.” She said, slowly walking towards the door. She remained silent when she saw who was at the door.

 

Zelo stood handsomely with a red rose in his hand, along with his nicely dressed clothing.

 

“Hello aunt. Is Jieun home?” He asked curiously, peeking inside the house for any sign of her. She smiled and looked down with a sigh. “No, she left early this morning to go visit Yongguk.”

 

Zelo's face dropped a little but he tried to hold a smile.

 

“Ohhh… when is she coming back?” He asked curiously while Jieun's mother shrugged. “I really don’t know. She didn’t say.” She said. “Oh, okay I’ll just give her a call then.” He said with a smile before leaving.

=======================================================

 

After they went back to Yongguk's house for Jieun to change into more comforting clothing, they head back out to take a stroll.

 

Hyosung and Gikwang insisted that they walk from home to the fountain in the middle of the city rather than driving to make it seem more romantic.

 

They walked ahead, hand in hand, with smiles on their faces while Jieun and Yongguk stayed closely behind, further apart from each other.

Both their hands were in their pockets as Yongguk turned to look at her.

Although the sun was still slightly up, since fall was almost over and winter was coming close, the cool air was already starting to rush in.

 

“Cold?” Yongguk asked after a while of walking. She turned to look at him with a nervous chuckle and shook her head, taking her hands out of her pockets immediately.

 

“No. I’m not-“

Yongguk quickly caught her swinging hands and then smiled. He twined his fingers between hers and glanced at her when he noticed that she had become silent.

 

“Well…I’M cold.” He said with a slight smile. She chuckled and moved a bit closer to him, their shoulders touching.

 

“Liar.” She said with a smile, keeping her head down to see where they were going. “I’m serious!” He yelled with a chuckle.

She stopped walking and stared at him with a serious, yet amused look on her face.

 

“Then why are your hands clammy?” She asked with her other hand around his arm.

She brought their hands up together in front of his face to see his sweaty hands as he stuttered and looked over at Hyosung and Gikwang.

 

“Ohhh…hurry and let’s go! We need to catch up to Gikwang and Hyosung!” He yelled loudly, changing the subject. He ran ahead, dragging her hand as she scoffed and quickly caught up to his pace.

 

“Not so fast. I’m in heels.” She told him. He slowed down and looked down at her heels. “Ah, I forgot.” He said.

 

She held tightly to his clammy hands from nervousness as she looked up at him, looking at the back of his head while they neared Hyosung and Gikwang.

==========================================

 

Yongguk's parents sat in front of the cell phone on speaker with huge smiles on his face.

 

“What?! You really got the text conversations?!” Jieun's mother yelled loudly on the other line while Yongguk's parents chuckled excitedly.

 

“Yes! And it seems as though they really are dating!” Yongguk's mother said loudly. “It was a good thing that we did this because now we can be sure.”

 

“What have they been texting about?” Jieun's father asked curiously.

 

“They’ve been texting about ‘being serious when it comes to dating’, calling each other by ‘pet names’, calling each other ‘my’ Pucca and ‘my’ Garu, and everything just seems to be going as we’ve all dreamed of!” Yongguk's mother said happily while Jieun's parents turned to look at each other with a relieved smile.

=========================================

 

Hyosung and Jieun sat on the fountain edge while Yongguk and Gikwang went out to buy coffee.

 

“How does it feel to have a boyfriend?” Hyosung asked with her tongue sticking out, smiling. Jieun scoffed and dipped her hand in the cold fountain water.

 

“What boyfriend?” She asked with a chuckle, making Hyosung scoff with a laugh. Jieun sighed and smiled.

 

“Yongguk and I have known each other for far too long for it to feel any different.” She clarified with a smile, rubbing her wet hands together.

 

“Liar…I’m sure different emotions are swarming in.” Hyosung said then glanced at her and chuckled while Jieun shrugged. “Maybe.” She said. Hyosung glared at her and took a deep breath.

 

“I never thought this day would come.” Hyosung sighed loudly and leaned her arms back on the edge with a smile, looking up at the sky.

 

“What day?” Jieun asked running her fingers through her hair, looking at Hyosung curiously. Hyosung turned to look at her and smiled.

 

“I’ve always dreamed of going on a double date with you. I can’t believe it’s really happening.” She said. Jieun scoffed and smiled at her.

 

“Plus, I never imagined that, out of every guy you’ve met, the man beside you right now is your enemy Bang Yongguk.” She laughed silently while Jieun chuckled and shrugged. “Blame my parents.” She said with a chuckle.

 

“Since you’ve been dreaming of this day, let’s make it memorable.” Jieun said. Hyosung smiled and nodded. “Okay… let’s go watch a movie till it gets dark and then we can go up to the top building and have a feast up there.” Jieun stared at her awkwardly.

 

“A feast?” She asked with a chuckle. Hyosung chuckled and noticed the guys were back.

 

“Don’t worry, Gikwang oppa and I have everything under control. You and Yongguk just follow our lead.” She said. Jieun glanced at Yongguk and nodded with a chuckle.

 

 

“Wait long?” Gikwang asked as he neared with 2 cups of freshly made coffee in his hand and a huge smile that would brighten anybody’s day. “No!” Hyosung said with excitement, standing up to receive her coffee.

 

“Here.” Yongguk sat down beside Jieun and handed her cup of coffee to her. “Drink it before it gets cold.” He said again. “Okay…thanks.” She said with a smile and drank quickly.

 

“Ahhh!” She yelled dropping the coffee on the ground, spilling it all over her hand and the ground.

 

“Ah,” Jieun grunted looking at her burnt hand.

 

“Yah!” Yongguk yelled loudly staring at her with wide concerned eyes, standing up immediately.

 

“It was hot!” Jieun grunted. “I know! Why didn’t you blow it before drinking?” Yongguk yelled. Hyosung and Gikwang watched them with wide eyes as Gikwang silently chuckled.

 

“Hey Yongguk, it’s okay. At least she didn’t get hurt.” He said silently. Yongguk ignored him and grabbed Jieun's hand that was swollen from the hot coffee.

He sat down beside her and breathed heavily, trying to calm down.

Hyosung smiled and patted Giwang's back for them to sit down while Yongguk and Jieun talk.

 

“You told me to drink it in a hurry.” Jieuns silently spoke with her head down. Yongguk sighed and scratched his head, turning their bodies towards the fountain.

He held her hand gently and dipped her hot hands in the cold water. She twitched from the cold and heat mixing together with a sour and painful look on her face.

He took her hand out and rolled his t-shirt over her hand gently to clean it.

 

“Just be careful next time.” He said in a softer tone. “Yeah.” She said silently watching him dry her hands with his shirt.

 

“It’s okay, you’ll get your shirt dirty.” She said, moving her hands away from his hold. Yongguk grasped her hands tightly, clicking his tongue at her.

 

“Doesn’t matter. I’m almost done anyways.” He told her sharply. He kept his eyes down, concentrating on her fingers as she gulped and watched him.

He took a deep breath and looked up at her.

 

"Does it hurt?" He asked slowly. Jieun looked at him guiltily and shrugged her shoulders. "I should be fine." She told him then looked down again after feeling awkward from just looking at him.

Yongguk coughed and looked down at her hands. He rubbed them slowly with his thumb and slowly released her hand.

 

“Do you want me to go get another cup of coffee?” Hyosung asked curiously leaning over. “No.” Yongguk said handing his cup to Jieun.

Hyosung slightly nodded and looked away slowly, starting a conversation with Gikwang.

 

“It’s okay, this is yours. You won’t have any if I drink yours-“

“Who said I’m not drinking it? We’ll just share one.” He said through a sigh, leaning his arms back, crossing his ankles in front of him. She slightly chuckled and took a little sip of the coffee.

 

“That’s funny…you never liked sharing anything with me before. Especially when it comes to food and beverages.” He chuckled and looked up.

 

“No, I always stole your food behind your back when you weren’t looking.” He chuckled and looked at her as her eyes widened.

 

“Really?!” She asked through a silent laugh while he nodded with a huge smile and grabbed the coffee to drink. He calmed down and sighed, handing the coffee back to her.

 

“I never minded actually.” He said with a confused smile, clasping his fingers together. She finished the rest of the coffee and looked down with a smile.

 

Hyosung and Gikwang stood up and walked together hand in hand towards them.

 

“You guys ready to go watch a movie?” Hyosung asked with a huge smile holding their tickets in her hands.

=======================================================

 

Jieun and Yongguk walked slowly down the streets along through small amounts of people walking by them.

 

“I’ve always wondered.” She said. “What?” Yongguk asked, staring up towards the almost darkened sky.

 

“Why don’t you like going to the movies?” Jieun asked with a slight chuckle. He shrugged and smiled. "I don't know... I just-

 

Suddenly, a stampede of running teens ran towards them to a singing band walking into a hotel behind. Yongguk quickly grabbed Jieun's hand and moved her to the side so they wouldn’t get caught up in the craziness.

He pressed her against a wall and stood closely in front of her while glaring at the mindless teens with a snicker, his hands to both of her sides while she was trapped in between him and the wall.

He sighed and turned to look at Jieun who kept her eyes at him from shock. They were so close, their bodies pressed so close to each other and their faces so close that their eyes were barely opened.

 

Yongguk gulped nervously and placed a hand on the wall beside Jieun's waist. She widened her eyes and looked at him with shock.

She knew this day would come, but she's not ready for it yet.

 

Yongguk looked into her eyes and felt his heart rate increasing rapidly. He leant his head down towards Jieun who raised her head up towards his' also.

 

"Don't... move..." Yongguk whispered to her, placing a hand on her waist.

 

He wanted to be the one to kiss her first. He wanted to make the first move.

 

Jieun looked up at him and smiled with a slight scoff. She looked at his lips and placed her hands on his waist, grasping his shirt tightly.

Yongguk smiled and leant down again, watching as Jieun closed her eyes completely, letting him take control.

He felt butterflies in his stomach. His heart fluttered so much, he was so nervous. He just-

 

*RING RING*

 

Yongguk and Jieun both opened their eyes from Jieun's ringing phone. They looked at each other awkwardly now since the kiss didn't happen.

 

"Of course.... a phone ringing... who would've figured..." Yongguk thought to himself.

 

Yongguk cursed himself for taking so much time to make the kiss happen. He was feeling too much emotion that he couldn't make it happen.

 

Jieun coughed and waited until Yongguk moved back a little before she answered her phone.

 

"Oh, Hyosung unnie..." she answered.

Yongguk turned the other way and pretended to look at the cars driving past. He rubbed his face and coughed a little.

 

"Oh, Yongguk and I aren't coming. You two watch it by yourselves. Okay?" Jieun said then hung up. She looked up at Yongguk and smiled a little.

 

"It was... Hyosung unnie..." she told him. Yongguk in his lips and placed his hands in his front pockets. "Hmm? Oh... are they okay with us not going?" He asked. "Yeah..." Jieun said walking towards him.

 

"What are we gonna do then?" She asked standing closely beside him, looking around with pursed lips. "Let's... just go walk around. Get some air." He said.

 

"But my legs hurt." She whined to him. He looked at her and turned his back to her. He bent down and reached his arms from behind him to Jieun.

 

"Come on. I'll give you a ride then." He told her, glancing back at her. She scoffed and shook her head.

 

"No. I'm heavy." She told him. Yongguk chuckled annoyingly. "At least you know." He said then got up again.

Jieun smacked her lips at him and glared at him. Yongguk glanced back at her cooly and walked off.

 

She chuckled evilly behind him and got herself ready to run to him. She coughed and fixed  her clothes then ran to him and jumped on his back, making him almost fall to the ground.

 

"AH! YAH!!! SONG CHEON-CHEON!!!!" He yelled managing to keep his balance. He wrapped his arms around her bent legs that were wrapped around his waist.

Jieun laughed loudly and wrapped her arms around his shoulder.

 

"Oh I'm sorry, am I heavy?" She laughed kicking her legs on purpose to make herself heavier.

 

"Yah! Stop moving! I'm gonna drop you." He yelled madly, bending forward so she wouldn't fall.

 

"Ah, all right..." she said then stopped kicking her feet. She kept still and looked up at the sky.

 

"Oh, Hyosung unnie said since we're not watching movies with them, then for us to be in charge of the food." Jieun told Yongguk. "What?!" He exclaimed.

 

Jieun shrugged her shoulders and smiled happily.

 

"Such a beautiful night..." she said with a chuckle. Yongguk glanced back at her and chuckled lightly, turning his head back to look at where he was walking again.

 

Jieun sighed and rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes a little.

 

"I'm tired Yongguk..." she told him. He turned to see the top of her head and smiled. "Go to sleep then. I'll wake you up in a bit." He told her.

 

"Don't abandon me somewhere." She told him. He chuckled and shook his head. "I won't. I won't ever leave you." He told her. She smiled happily like a child and rested her eyes while her arms wrapped firmly around his shoulders still.

Yongguk smiled happily and glanced down at his feet.

 

A/N: Aw!! BangSong love!!! Keke... Sorry I had to make the kiss a fail... >.<

I just.... I mean, I'm saving the kiss scene for another chapter.... so wait for it!! XD

At least this chapter was LOOOONG though right?? Kekeke... /WHEW/

And guess what everyone?!!! I'm going to be performing at our local Festival this Saturday!!

Which is TOMORROW!!! OHEMGEE!! I mean, I'm performing with a friend... but I'm so scared!!

It's the FIRST time my parents let me perform at a public event other than Church... haha...

So I'm still kind of scared.... but /wipes my sweat/ I'll do fine, right?? 

Please wish me luck!!!! >.< I could use ALL that I can get!! Hopefully my voice doesn't crack!

Or I'll NEVER sing public again!! :'( But anyways... haha, that's all... ^_^

Please don't forget to leave feedbacks and let me know how it's going otay?

Until next time, saranghae yerobun!! BBCnTSFAM signing out! PYONG!!~~