Chivalry

Kija (English version)

Because everyone was drinking soju, there was nothing for me on the table. When I felt really thirsty, but everyone was occupied with their drinks, I decided to serve myself and to not disturb the others. I walked into the not so big kitchen and spotted an empty glass and a bottle of mineral water. When the glass was full and I wanted to head for the leaving room, Sungmin walked in with a glass of wine in his hand. Although everything was cleared up, I was still feeling guilty and uneasy.
"Sungmin-ssi, I'm sorry that we haven't said everything in the beginning. Maybe everything would be different now... But please believe me - we didn't have any bad intentions... We just... panicked.", a slight laugh answered me.
"Kwenchana, nothing's happened.", it gave me some reassurance, but obviously I still had a worried face. "Don't worry about Kyuhyun. He takes situations like this personally. For some time he'll think time that he was publicly humiliated, but he'll get over it.", I nodded. I completely understood that. I'd do the same thing.

We were talking with Sungmin for a while and I was surprised how easy it was for me to speak in Korean. Apparently, not thinking about each word and the lack of nervousness was a key to success. I was trying not to reveal that we knew SuJu much better than we were officially showing it, but it wasn't that hard, because the conversation was really natural. For a moment I thought that Sungmin wanted to ask me something, but at the same time I looked at the clock and there was only one thought left in my head:
"Omo! It's so late!", I passed Sungmin and walked into the leaving room. I spotted the place where I'd left Agatha and stated her presence there. The only problem was that in the meantime, Unni had fallen asleep leaning against the wall. I was really shocked by seeing that, because I'd seen her a few times consuming large amounts of alcohol and it had never affected her behavior before. Apparently, all the emotions of that day had influenced her head. Leeteuk and Heechul seemed completely unaware of the fact, but I noticed that she was covered in a blanket and thought it must have been Leader's doing.

"Agata-ssi...?", I whispered trying to get any respond. With a slight uneasiness I looked around the room and encountered Sungmin's eyes. He must have been following my steps after I'd left the kitchen. The rest was still happily chatting and didn't notice anything.
"Uhm... We'll take her to your apartment. She won't get any sleep here.", said oppa appraising the situation. "Wait here, I have an idea.", and before I could say anything, he rushed into the room where Kyuhyun had disappeared. After a while, the door had opened and they both went out without a word. Sungmin asked Teukkie to move a bit, took the blanket, and opened the door, toward which headed Kyuhyun carrying Agatha in his arms. I could only hope that my jaw didn't drop, because it certainly took me a while to understand what was happening. I was feeling a weird mix of emotions. From "Omo, I have to take a photo!", through "I can't believe it, I can't believe it" and "How's it even possible that she's sleeping in such a moment?!" to "Damn, I wouldn't say Kyuhyun's that strong!". Finally, I turned to the others, bowed, thanked and hurried after the three that must have been in our apartment.

Thanks to Sungmin's help with unfolding the sofa, that we used for sleeping, it took just a second. Kyuhyun gently laid Agatha down, and then abruptly turned in direction of the door.
"Wait!", I said as loudly as I could trying not to wake up Unni. Maknae turned slowly scrutinizing my face. He didn't have that scary grave face anymore, but it wasn't exactly something you'd call "friendly face".
"Thank you. We are really grateful for your help.", Kyu nodded, signalizing me that he'd heard what I said and left. Sungmin however smiled, what I took for approval for my words and left too, following his younger friend. I closed the door, sat on the sofa right beside Unni and said quietly:
"What has just happened, huh?"

-

This time it was the alarm, I'd set preventively the day before, that woke us up. We bought some pajamas and in case of another unexpected Wookie's visit I preferred not to welcome him in a state of undress. It took me a moment to collect my thoughts, but eventually we sat face to face with steaming mugs in our hands.

"Where did you disappear last night with Sungmin, huh?", started Unni with devilish smile.
"We were in the kitchen. Talking.", I tried to answer seriously, but I realized that we were alone again. I chased away that thought and narrated the events that Unni couldn't remember. Suddenly Agatha stood up and started to walk around the room. My words finally got to her.
"Oh god... Are you serious?", at first I could see some kind of embarrassment on her face, but gradually it evolved to perplexity similar to mine. And we were sitting there, flushed like teenagers, lost in our thoughts, watching Seoul bringing itself to life.