CHAPTER FIVE

Black Paradise

CHAPTER FIVE

 

What did I tell you, boy? Didn’t I tell you to finish him immediately? You didn’t listen to me, so look at where it got you now. What was that, boy? Are you asking for forgiveness? I will forgive you, but only if you listen to me now, because I will only say this once; there are no second chances. You have to finish your target immediately, do not hesitate. You are a machine; you should not hesitate. Do you understand, little puppet?

 

KIM WONSHIK wakes up with an aching body. Even without opening his eyes, he knew that he wasn’t in his room; that he was in Hongbin’s room. He tightly shuts his eyes and grits his teeth when flashes of what had happened the day before return to his mind. When it finally ends, Wonshik sits up and looks around to see that Hongbin was nowhere to be found. Instead, he sees a note saying that he had been “called” and that he will be back tomorrow. It also said that Wonshik should go and get something to eat in the kitchen.

Deciding that it would be best to get some food, Wonshik gets up from the bed and open’s Hongbin’s closet; knowing that he had some clothes stored in it since he often had to sleep in Hongbin’s room. They both thought it was best and fastest for Wonshik to have his clothes inside. Pulling out a random hoodie, Wonshik then walks out of the room. He glances at the corridor clock and sees that it was already lunch time.

Wonshik arrives at the kitchen and sees Hakyeon sitting on one of the tables with two unknown boys. Wonshik smiles at the sight of Hakyeon before noticing something and frowns. He walks towards Hakyeon, the older boy finally noticing him. “Wonshik-,”

“Who did this to you, hyung?” Wonshik asks, holding Hakyeon’s arm. He says it in a small voice so that he wouldn’t be heard by the two other boys. Hakyeon’s smile momentarily fades before it goes back to its original place, the older boy shrugging the question of and tells Wonshik to sit across the boy with an expressionless face. Wonshik’s frown deepens but he follows and sits across the boy.

Hakyeon grins. “Wonshik, this is Jung Taekwoon and that one beside you is Lee Jaehwan. They’re living here from now on. This here is Kim Wonshik; he’s one of the boys living in this building. There’s also another one, hm, where’s Kong?” Hakyeon asks.

Wonshik just stares at Hakyeon for a while before answering the older boy’s question. “He was called,” he said, shortly. Hakyeon’s smile wavered before nodding and saying that it was a shame that the two boys couldn’t meet Hongbin.

Wonshik continued watching the boys as they talked, although it was more of Hakyeon and Jaehwan talking and Taekwoon just sitting and listening. Wonshik shifts his eyes away from Hakyeon and looks at Taekwoon. The other boy also looks at Wonshik; both trying to read each other and both ending up unable to do so. Taekwoon was the first one to look away, shifting his eyes and looks to the side.

Wonshik returns to looking at Hakyeon. He knew that the boy was hurting although he tried his best to show that he was okay. It would’ve worked, but Wonshik knew the boy too well. He knew what had happened to Hakyeon and it made his blood boil. Even though they had suffered the same fate, Wonshik was still a lot luckier than Hakyeon. Wonshik had recovered quickly because of the serum injected in him during the experiment; no matter how deep his wounds were, they would heal quickly. Hakyeon, he knew, however didn’t share that same ability. He did, however, had the ability to fool people; Taekwoon and Jaehwan, at the moment, although Wonshik had the feeling that Taekwoon knew, or at least, had noticed.

The two boys were still talking when Wonshik excused himself. He stood up, but without casting a short glance on Taekwoon. When Wonshik reached the corner, he stopped and leaned on the wall. A few moments passed and Jung Taekwoon emerges from behind. “You noticed, didn’t you?” Wonshik asked as Taekwoon walks past him. The older boy doesn’t answer and continues walking. “I don’t know how long you can keep that silence, Jung Taekwoon. It won’t do you any good if you just keep observing,” Wonshik says, finally moving away from the wall and stands right in front of Taekwoon. The older boy continues walking.

“Mind your own business,”

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note: The fifth chapter is finally here!! Woot woot!! To all those who guessed that it was Ravi, you're right!! So, Ravi finally makes his appearance. Not much happened in this chap and honestly, it wasn't good, IMO. So, it seems like Ravi knows about the experiment. Questions: Why do you think Ravi knows about the experiment done on them? What do you think meant by "called" judging from Hakyeon's reaction? And Taekwoon, do you think he's hiding something? Oh, by the way, the forewords has been updated. I have posted the (fail) trailer (made by me). It's just short and doesn't really give the story away, actually I think it does, meh. I'll stop this post before it gets too long. By the way, this is another poster for this fic, but I think the one now looks better, so I'll just show it to you. It's actually very simple.