Caught

The Other Side [OW&WB; Deleted Scenes]

“Baekkie, I bet you can’t catch me!” Chanyeol laughed aloud, briefly touching his friend’s shoulder before taking off in the opposite direction towards the play set of the park. Taken by surprise, Baekhyun barely registered that a game of tag had just begun until he saw that Chanyeol, who had just been standing beside him, was running away.

“Hey! Wait, you didn’t tell me!” Baekhyun whine loudly, jogging over to the play set where Chanyeol had climbed on, leaning on the rail if the bridge with a wide smile that could light the darkest of rooms.

Chanyeol shrugged before saying in a teasing manner, “Now what’s the fun in that?”

Baekhyun, standing below the bridge now, glared at his friend. “Just you wait until I catch you! I’ll tickle you no end!” he threatened, pointing a finger at the laughing kid.

Though, at the mention of a tickle torture by Baekhyun, the carefree child’s happy smile quickly transformed into a serious and fearful expression. “You wouldn’t.”

“You’ll have to see,” Baekhyun cackled evilly, before running to the ladder and climbing up onto the play set.

Now feeling more fearful than playful, Chanyeol set off to the other end of the play set and jumping off to get away from Baekhyun, who was grinning evilly. Chanyeol thought he was enjoying this a little too much, but that was just his opinion.

They ran for several minutes, and Baekhyun was getting tired. Chanyeol was a fast runner and that made Baekhyun slightly irritated. They were only playing, not need to be so serious. His chest starting to constrict, young Baekhyun stopped mid run and took a seat on the ground, not bothering to alert Chanyeol.

Chanyeol, who had reached the other end of the playground already, looking behind him and was surprised to not find Baekhyun chasing him. Where did he go? Chanyeol walked back in the direction he had come in, eyes widening when he found his friend sniffling on the ground. Chanyeol ran to him, kneeling down beside him when he got there.

“Baekkie! What’s wrong?!” Chanyeol asked shakily, very concerned for his friend.

Baekhyun sniffled again as he tried to calm his pants. “My chest hurts,” he whimpered, leaning his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder.

Chanyeol hugged the other, swaying side to side in a soothing manner. “You probably ran too much. Just take it easy and hopefully you’ll feel better soon,” he said gently, “I’m sorry I ran so much.”

“It’s okay,” Baekhyun said, shaking his head. He was already starting to feel better.

They sat there for a while, not saying a word, but enjoyed the comfort ability of each other’s presence.

Baekhyun, after a while, sat up straighter and nodded slightly as he assessed himself. “I feel a lot better now,” he announced, finding it much easier to breathe now.

Chanyeol smiled in relief. “That’s good. Again, I’m sorry I ran so much,” he apologized once again, feeling immensely guilty for causing such harm to the other boy.

“Stop it, I said it was okay, Chan,” Baekhyun chastised him, smacking the other child’s arm very hard, making Chanyeol wince.

Chanyeol nodded sheepishly, feeling slightly embarrassed.

Suddenly, Baekhyun began giggling, peeking over at Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked over at him in confusion.

“What’s so funny?”

Baekhyun reached out and poked his friend’s arm and smiled.

“I caught you.”

Chanyeol couldn’t help the passing thought his best friend was just so cute right then.

As a child, he knew it.

He was caught. 

 


 

 

A/N: Cute? I hope you guys liked it. Maybe, put in some feedback? :)