Late Night Walks with Joonmyun

Late Night Walks with Joonmyun

Sitting discontentedly you watched the tv screen as it zapped on. Is there anything good to watch? you pondered as you quickly scanned through the on-screen TV guide. Just as you gave up on finding something to watch you heard your phone vibrate from the coffee table in front of you. Quickly, you grabbed it, wondering who would be awake at this time. Your heart sank as you saw who it was from, "Joonmyun" your screen read, and in the quick preview your phone showed you he texted you saying, "Hey, are you up?"  Faster than you have ever replied to a text you wrote back, "Yes I am, why? And why are you? Get some rest!" Just as you set your phone down it vibrated again.

"Let's go for a walk, I need to see you!" 

Your heart skipped a beat, you thought he had forgotten about you, and as much as you wanted him to get rest you really desired to see him, hear him, kiss him, and laugh with him again.

"Oh, okay... where do you want to meet up?" you sent back, already anticipating seeing his face.

"I'll go to your house, I'll be there soon~!!" he responded.

"See you soon~" you beamed as you placed your phone back down. Ah what am I going to wear? you wondered. But you quickly decided to wear a cute coat with jeans and a nice new pair of flats you had recently bought in Hongdae. Just as soon as you finished brushing your teeth you heard your door bell go off. He's here! you almost shouted. Almost leaping with joy you rapidly headed towards your door and opened it. 

There he stood, smiling with his hands in his coats pockets and hood on, despite the coldness of the night and looking tired, he beamed warmth and joy. 

"Jagi~" he chimed, arms bringing you in for a tight hug, "Ah how I missed you!" 

"I missed you too, do you want to come inside?" you inquired, "You must be so tired let's-" before you could finish your sentence he had tilted your face up for a kiss. He held you in his arms for that kiss for what felt like forever before pulling away and whispering, "Don't worry about me~" You nodded as you walked out into the hall way of your apartment building. You locked the door and he grabbed your hand as you both walked towards the elevator. 

Once you both were outside on the sidewalk he suddenly rejoiced, "Oh how I really missed this!" He looked over to you walking alongside him to his left clinging onto his arm, "I'm going to savor tonight." You looked up into his eyes and nodded, "Me too" 

As you both kept walking Joonmyun told stories of things that have happened since starting the promoting of Wolf, cracking jokes, telling in vivid detail how the experience has been so far, he talked about how truly happy he is that everyone could be together this time around. "But enough about that... how have you been?" he asked. And you told him about your stories and jokes and when you told him you accidentally spilled hot tea on yourself a week before he laughed and kissed you on the forehead, "You have to be careful!" Every once in a while he would nestle his nose onto the top of your head, lightly kiss it and just take in the moment, of being with you, the girl he loved most, who has been there for him and who he would do anything for. When ever there would be any quiet moments he would let out a satisfied sigh, soaking in the time he had to be with you. 

You both eventually stopped walking and he held you in his arms he was resting his head on top of yours, "I love you so much" he whispered, "I'm so happy I managed to see you again, I was in need of this so....much" his words started to linger off. He suddenly became soundless but you still stood holding each other. As you were basking in the moment of being in his loving embrace you noticed that he became noticeably heavier. Then you suddenly realized it- he fell asleep! Poor Joonmyun, so tired and worked, and even feeling so depleted and sore he came to see me. You felt touched but started to feel worried as his weight became too much, you tapped on his face, "Hey... wake up..... oppa.... wake up..." He jumped suddenly realizing that he had fallen asleep, he looked at you, extremely despondent in himself. "Jagi! I'm so sorry!" he boomed, "I'll make it up to you! I can't believe I just fell asleep like that" He hugged you again, squeezing you, "I really can't believe myself I'm so sorr-" you cut him off, "Oppa do the rest of the boys know you're with me?" He grew quiet. "No... I snook away" You broke away from the hug shocked, "And why would you do that!?" you exclaimed. He looked at you sheepishly and gushed out in a mumbled manner, "They wouldn't let me out... they said I am too exhausted" You tried to stay serious but seeing him say that made him look like a cute kid trying to hide the fact he just stole 25 cent bubble gum. You laughed, "Oppa, please take care of yourself, rest above all things is most important, that's what you always would preach to me!" "Yes, I know," he smirked, "Maybe we should walk back now before I fall asleep on the street- I'm too sober for that!" he joked. You walked back to your apartment, you couldn't believe that even though he was completely drained and bleary he still needed to see you, it was very unlike him to not take care of himself. 

When you got to your apartment you invited him in, "You should sleep here, you're too tired to head back to the dorm at this hour." He looked into your eyes, "Are you sure? If I hurry I could make it." "Yes I'm sure, as you said, you are too sober to pass out on some curb!" He laughed and agreed. He stepped into the familiar warmness that is your apartment. He kissed your cheek as he walked by, "Meet you in the bedroom~" You suddenly glowed with happiness, tonight just keeps getting better.