The Deal

Liberation
 
 
 
 
oo2 The Deal 
 
 
 
I stare at the man in front of my holding his hand out expectantly, the whole idea seems a bit ridiculous, but I have the time and right now he’s all I got to make sure this is what I want. “So do we have a deal? We can do whatever we want tonight, anything at all. We won’t question anything that the other does, who they are, why we’re here, nothing illegal and preferably we won’t draw attention from anyone else.” He says looking at me with his big brown eyes. “Soojin?”

Hesitantly I take his hand, it’s humongous compared to my own, but it’s warm and I feel like all this is promising. “We have a Deal.” I agree shaking on it. “And as the first thing, I vote we go change. I’ll freeze, and you look too…suspicious.” I say pulling my jacket closer to me as I look out the window. Chansung glances at me then outside looking out the window nervously. “If it makes you feel better we can get a cab or something, I for one live kind of far from here. Or we could agree to meet later.”

“No, we can just head to your place, so you can change.” He agrees getting up. Paying my tab I get up and make sure I have everything before I follow behind the tall mysterious man. “Your hands earlier were ice cold.” He comments taking one of them in his. “Let’s hurry.” He mutters jumping up on his feet.

I smile to myself, he’s kind of like a puppy, in an endearing kind of way. Hailing a cab I instruct the driver towards my loft. Chansung seems to recognize the name, he looks at me a moment before he shakes his head. “You can say what’s on your mind, I’m not going to bite.” I tell him chuckling at his inner conflict.

“It’s just that area is for very well off people, I’m just a bit put off is all.” He says obviously remembering the rules he’d emplaced.

I nod my head, I squeeze his hand lightly; it’s nice to feel someone else to be so close to me. “You can’t tell anyone about my apartment.” I tell him quietly and nervously, Chansung simply nods his head as he watches me for a moment.

After a while I look away, the eye contact was starting to be a bit awkward. Instead I focus on everything going on outside of this cab. The people shopping in the cold weather, and if I look back and to the right just a bit I can make out the west wing of the gala hall. As we take another turn the building drops out of sight completely, and part of me is really happy that it is.

Chansung and I are silent the rest of the cab ride, occasionally I’ll glance at him and study him for a moment before I decide to look away. Best not to get too curious. I pay for the fair, much to Chansung’s displeasure, and I lead us towards the building. I glance at him and bite my lip nervously. “You’ll have to lose the hood, can you act like you belong? And you will ignore whatever anyone says to me or you, ignore them follow me up.” I order as we get close to the entrance, I knock his hood off skillfully and hook my arm around his as I lead him towards the doorman. “Night Mr. Choi, it’s terribly cold. Do you have hot coco?” I ask him as I stop to chat like I normally do.

“I do, heading up?” He asks opening the door smoothly. “Miss Cha with a guest.” He says into his head piece, discreetly letting us in I smile at him as I nudge Chansung to follow.

We walk through the empty lobby, and towards the elevator, entering I hit the top floor and type in my passcode; ignoring the looks Chansung is giving me I decide to offer him some refreshments. “If you’re thirsty or hungry you’re welcomed to the kitchen.” I say as we begin the slow climb towards my floor.

“Hot anything sounds really good right now.” He mumbles rubbing his arm against mine. I’m surprised that he’s very well built, at least feels like it. “Where to after this?” He asks curiously breaking the silence.

“Anywhere you want.” I say shrugging my shoulders. “I don’t have any plans of being found tonight.” I offer up while shrugging my shoulders.

“So anywhere but here after?” He questions me lightly, I nod my head and smirk. “Sounds like a plan.” Chansung says with a smile.

As the elevator reaches my apartment I walk the short distance to my door and type in another passcode. “Just ignore the boxes.” I tell him offhandedly as I push the door open and let him in. I follow Chansung in; he looks at the entry hall. “I haven’t quiet settled in.” I state, obviously from the state of my apartment. I haven’t exactly chosen to unpack everything yet.

“I’m not really one to judge, but you have a lot of unpacked boxes.” Chansung states as we make our way through, the farther we get the more unpacked things get. “Your kitchen is completely unpacked?”

I nod my head. “Teas, hot chocolate all right there on the cabinet on the left, cups, plates and everything else are on the right half, fridge is open to you, as is this whole room really.” I say looking around. “I’m just going to go back and get changed.”

“I’ll be here.” He says smiling at me encouragingly. So I leave a complete stranger in my kitchen unsupervised, but then again something about the guy just makes me trust him.

I make my way through the maze of opened and broken down boxes, entering my room I head towards my closet. My room for the record is unpacked as is the guest room, not that I have guests. Pulling my dress off and all my clothes from tonight I put on a long-sleeved button up, picking out a dark jean wash skinny jeans I grab a scarf and wrap it around my neck loosely, picking up some black gloves, my pea coat and a slouchy grey knit beanie, as I make my way back to the kitchen I see Chansung happily drinking something.

“I made you some.” He says gesturing towards a cup on the counter. “I wasn’t sure how you liked it so I left it plain.” He says smiling at me.

“Thanks, I could definitely warm up.” I murmur as I set my hat and gloves down with my jacket I smile at him gratefully. “So, nice night?” I ask him with a small smile.

Chansung grins at me while shaking his head. “You know as far as background goes, I’m a bit more interested in you.” He says harmlessly. “You’re young obviously, well-off, and yet you’re running away for a night? Not to mention your rather interesting decorating tastes.” He says motioning towards the rest of my apartment. “Not that I’m asking.”

I laugh and nod my head. “I suppose you can look at it as me running away for a night, thought as far as my apartment goes that’s more I’ve been in and out of the country on work.” I say easily and truthfully. “Though after tonight if I still have that job is up for debate, and maybe it is time I really get out you know?” I say quietly. “Not that I’m explaining.” I add looking over at Chansung as I sip at my tea. “Though to be completely fair, hiding from a bunch of people is suspicious.”

Chansung grins at me. “Well I’m not offended anymore” He says cryptically but shakes his head. “I promise I wasn’t being chased for anything weird, I was walking around when I accidently was spotted.”

I nod my head and chuckle, because I believe him. I honestly believe that Chansung was walking, trying not to be noticed, and then was suddenly being chased. “It sounds rough,” I comment lightly as I finish my cup. “When you’re ready we can head out to your choice of the city.”

Sliding my gloves on I smile at Chansung as he hold my jacket out for me to put on. “I have a friend who prides himself on being a gentleman; I have chosen to follow in some of those steps.” He explains with a smile. I nod my head and accept the help, buttoning my jacket on and then pulling my hat into my head I follow him out of my apartment. Stopping by a mirror I fix my hair, the up do I had falling out slightly because of the hat, I opt to take the hat off and shake my hair out letting it fall in waves over my shoulders before placing the hat back on.

“Ready?” Chansung asks holding the door open for me; I nod my head and take the hand he’s offering. I couldn’t really say why I’ve deciding to go along with this whole spend the night out together thing, why I’m letting myself get to know a stranger, but I am hoping for the best, I want tonight to end well for not just me, but for Chansung too.

 
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                                             
 
 
 
 author's note 
 
 
 
So the second chapter now, I'm thinking that I'll have around ten
to twelve chapters for this, but we'll see.
I'm also debating if I'll have the timeline of this stretch over the course
of a few days or just one night. > n >