01: Tao

You Are My...Son?

The morning sun shines through the open blinds of the dull black window. It would have been calming to me but right now it wasn’t because it was ing blinding the out of my eyes and it feels like I’m melting in lava. ‘I should’ve not worn this sweater last night.’ I think before angrily getting up and closing the blinds so I can have my beauty sleep. Just as I was about ready to fall back into dreamland, I hear the doorbell ring and oh god I am annoyed as . I know the others in this dorm are useless in the morning especially Kris who is sleeping soundly from the room next door. I sigh before madly stomping my way to the front door like a little child who lost candy. I open the front door only to find no one there in front of me and I swore quietly under my breath.

 

“in . I’m losing my beauty sleep just for this crap. Chen if you had anything to do with this, I will wushu your .” I mumble under my breath and I turn my gaze down only to be met with the gaze of a little boy who seemed lost and scared.

 

I honestly don’t know what to do and begin to pull on my hair like there’s no tomorrow which just made the little boy cry-actually cry was the understatement of that because it wasn’t a cry but more like a combination of a sob and shrieking. I slammed the door close and quickly dash to Duizhang’s room without even knocking on it.

“Gege.Wake up.” I say as I shake Kris’s shoulders. Nothing.

 

“Duizhang please wake up.” I plead and frantically shake the leader’s shoulders again so he can wake up but the leader wouldn’t budge at all.

 

“Ok. Look you little piece of ! Wake up! Or I’ll wushu you out of the bed!” I yell, obviously pissed off right now. The yelling worked since not only was Kris awake but so were the others who rushed straight into the leader's and Chen's room.

 

"Tao what the hell is this about?" Kris says as he glares at me for waking him up and for the crap I put him through. And trust me, there is a lot of that.

 

"Come on I’ll show you guys.” I answer, grabbing Kris’s hands and leading him to where I was just a couple of minutes ago. I let go of Kris’s hands and opened the door to reveal the crying little boy that I so don’t know how to handle.

 

“Tao, who is that?” Chen asks as he pointed at the little boy.

 

“If I knew I wouldn’t be ing freaking out right now.” I answer Chen a little sarcastically than necessary.

 

“Kris you go talk to the kid.” Lu Han commanded to the leader and the four of us nodded in agreement.

 

Kris sighs and slowly made his way over to the little kid. The kid looks at him with careful eyes probably hesitating if he should trust the big guy that was coming towards him.

 

"Hello. What's your name?" Kris asks the little kid as he squatted down to be eye level with the kid.

 

"I'm Eric Kim." the little kid says as he looked at Duizhang.

 

"Nice to meet you. Now I'm Kris. So, why are you here?" leader mumbles after shaking Eric's hands.

 

"I don't know. I'm lost. I think my mother already is on her way to South Korea." Eric exclaims and we all are in shock.


"So you're all alone?" Kris emphasizes and Eric nodded. The realization that he was alone caused Eric to vomit the minute I squatted down next to Duizhang. And in my favorite jacket is covered in puke. 'Now I am convinced that I should have never worn this jacket at all.' I think to myself and noticed that the four behind us were laughing their asses off at my misery. I  glare at them and perform a neck slicing motion complete with a slicing sound-not removing eye contact with them that eventually caused them to shut up their loud mouths.