The Story Of Us by ifallelsefails

timemachinegraphics *CLOSED*

The Story of Us Series:  There goes our forever 

Main Characters: Cho Kyuhyun and Im YoonA

 

Other Characters: Taeyeon, Henry and ninja!Changmin

Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance

Rating: PG-13 to R

PROLOGUE: 

 

Yoona entered the driver’s seat and put on her seat belt. As she did so, she met the wide questioning eyes of her daughter Taeyeon and her son Henry.

“Umma, where is Appa going? Isn’t he coming with us?”, four year-old Henry asked. Taeyeon, who’s already seven years old and maybe partially aware of what’s happening just stared back at her, waiting for her answer.

She gulped an imaginary lump before trying her best to smile, though her eyes are starting to heat up. She reached for Henry’s cheeks and caressed it gently.

“Appa will be going somewhere.”, she just said.

“Where? When is he coming home?”, Henry asked again and Yoona bit her lip.  

“When he finished what he’s doing.”, she managed to say before turning her head back to the steering wheel. A tear recklessly flow in her cheek and she wiped it hurriedly. She started the engine with Henry still wanting to ask questions but Taeyeon just held him close, like saying not to interrupt their mother now.

Yoona begun driving and as their car passes by the black Jaguar, she can’t help but to have her eyes locked on the man standing before the said vehicle. On that brief moment, the pain she had always locked up in her heart came surging in, like a big dam suddenly releasing massive amount of water. Sadness crosses their eyes and before she could burst into tears, she looked back on the road again, blinking a few time so as not to cry. She could never cry infront of her children.

Just then, Little Henry peeked out of the window. He smiled happily seeing the man and though he won’t hear him he waved and shouted. “Appa! Go home fast, okay!! Henli will wait for you!!”, he grinned while waving his hands cutely. He saw his father smiled back at him and waved back, he giggled at this and settled on his seat once his father is out of view.

“Umma, tell Appa to come home early.”, Henry told his mother and Yoona sighed before answering.

“Yes baby.”, she said insincerely and from the dashboard mirror she could see her daughter Taeyeon looking back at her like she wanted to ask something. Yoona turned around when the stop light turned red and turned back to Taeyeon.

“Is there a problem sweetie?”, she asked and Taeyeon opened to say something only to close it again as she seemed to have second thoughts. She just shook her head and smiled at her mother.

“Nothing umma, I just miss seeing your smile.”, she said sheepishly and Yoona bit her inner cheek to suppress the tears. Henry grinned hearing what his sister said and turned to Yoona too.

“Neh! Smile umma! Smile for Noona and Henli pwease!!”, he said cutely and Yoona bent over to hug and kiss her children. She sniffed as she nuzzles on their heads before releasing them and pinched their cheeks gently. She smiled a bitter one and since the two are too young to distinguish a genuine smile into a fake one, they grinned back. She messes their hair and turned back right in time for the traffic light to turn green and started driving again.

The rest of the ride was quiet then. Henry fell asleep on Taeyeon’s lap and after a while, the girl fell asleep too. Knowing her babies are in deep sleep, Yoona took the chance to let go of the tears that had wanted to flow ever since she had entered her car. She had had been crying too much that she needed to park her car on the side of the road just because her view is starting to get blurry. She clutch on to her chest and clapped her other hand on , muffling her sobs so as not to wake up her children. She wanted to scream, she wanted to cried out loud, she had been keeping this in her chest all by herself for the longest time and if she didn’t let this out, she know she’ll be crazy.

Well  everything had been pretty crazy with her life lately. Everything has been in a total mess that she’s thankful she has her children, Taeyeon’s and Henry’s existence is enough to keep her sane.

Feeling a bit okay, though her nose is all clogged up it’s getting hard to breathe; she reached for her purse and took out a small black box. She stared at it for a while before opening it.

There goes the silver ring with the letters KH & YA engraved into it. She wondered when was the last time she had wore that ring, feeling the essence of it, meaning every feelings and memories that’s related in it.

And as she stared forlornly at the tiny jewelry,   images started flashing before her, like a movie playing on widescreen, with her entire life as the story and herself as the lead star.