Present with the Taste of Soju

Present with the Taste of Soju

Night had just fallen over Seoul. It was a quarter past eleven, and the 2pm boys had returned to their dorms after a busy day of performances, TV appearances and radio shows.  After locking the door behind them, each took their usual spots; Jay threw himself on the couch, Taecyeon and Chansung splayed themselves across the floor on the blankets that made Chansung’s bed, Junsu to the kitchen, Junho to bed, and Wooyoung headed towards his room to do who knows what.

“I’m so beat,” Jay complained as he continued lying in a messy fashion over the couch. Junsu sipped on the lemon tea he made. “It wasn’t that bad.”

“You don’t know what it feels like, to have to think before speaking every time and having to talk the most.”

Taecyeon laughed. Jay threw the pillow at him, hitting him square in the face.

Wooyoung then came out into the living room area. “Khun’s not back from his shoot in Thailand yet?”

“I guess so. he should be back soon though. In the morning at the latest,” Taecyeon replied, glomping the pillow like a little boy. He may have the physical appearance of a beast, but on the inside, not so much.

“I can’t believe JYP’s giving us the whole week off… can finally sleep in tomorrow morning with no interruptions,” Chansung said.

“I know right?” Junsu agreed blissfully.

Wooyoung walked over and sat on top of Jay, but stood back up before Jay’s arm came into contact. “Stop taking up the whole couch you lazy beom!”

“I’m tiiiiiiiiiiiiired.”

“Too bad!”

 

“That’s not how you should talk to your leader,” Jay said smugly.

Wooyoung proceeded to ignore his comment and manually push Jay’s legs off the couch to make room for himself.

“Even though I’m tired, I don’t really feel like sleeping.”

“I know what you mean. How about we have a night out then? The last time we could go out and be carefree was what, four months ago?”

“But where would we go?”

“Norae..bang?” Wooyoung suggested.

The others stared at him. Wooyoung looked back and forth between them, worrying that they though it was a lame idea, but their faces brightened.

“That sounds… good. Let’s order looooots of food too!” Taecyeon got up off the floor excitedly.

“And drinks!” added Chansung.

“Let’s go! Let’s go!”

Everyone was out the door, and Junsu, being the last one out took out the keys and locked it.

He was about to walk, when he paused. “I feel like we’re forgetting something.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

The fact that Junho was still sleeping slipped their minds completely.

*     *     *

The boys arrived at their destination and got a room.

“Any drinks or food?”

“Ten bottles of Soju please!”

Wooyoung looked at Jay who ordered so freely. He had never had much alcohol before.

“You sure that’s okay?”

“It’s fine it’s fine. It’s not like we have to wake up tomorrow anyway.”

The room was dark with a disco-ball like lamp in the middle of the room. It revolved continuously, reflecting a spectrum of colors around.

“Time to party!”

The boys poured each other drinks, and went on with the singing. All of 2AM’s songs, with their own dorky touch, After School, 4minute, and even some old idol group’s songs like g.o.d. and finkL. They’d sing in threes, in pairs, and sometimes all five of them danced around like idiots to a popular song. Games were played in between the singing with the punishment being a shot of soju.

When it was time for Wooyoung’s turn, Taecyeon pushed him to do a solo.

Chansung egged him on. “Solo! Solo!”

He obediently went to the machine, wobbling a bit, and chose, then got into position in front of the screen.

Ireoda michyeo naega yeoriyeori chakhadeon
Geureon naega neottaemune dora naega dokhan naro byeonhae naega


The guys burst out laughing and shrieking wildly when he started moving his arms in a circular motion around him and did the famous hip dance.

“He’s good, he’s good! Like Kwonnie!” Jay said in between his laughter.

He continued, singing his dirty eyed girls version, even doing the dance during at the of the song, ending with a the head nod. The 3 members bowed down to him, snickering at the same time.

“Thank you, thank you.”

*     *     *

-back at the 2PM dorm-

Junho stirred in his sleep. Slowly he opened his eyes to adjust to the light coming from the digital clock next to his bed. It was past 12.

He sat up slowly and walked out of the room to the kitchen to get a glass of milk.

“Ah.” He wiped his mouth with a tissue then proceeded with setting the glass into the sink.

Afterwards, he just went back to his bed and into dreamland.

 

“Hmm.. I wonder if everyone’s asleep already too…”

*     *     *

“Guys, guys, guys! We HAVE to do this one..!”

Jay pressed the button to play and the music started.

La, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la, la
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, do it!


He stood there, shaking his to the song the way the five girls in Kara did and threw his right arm up in rhythm. The four guys couldn’t hold in their laugher, with Chansung even falling off the couch. Wooyoung joined him and sang the first line.

Onttut gwenchan nene nune jom duro o-ne

JayHara sang the next line.

Nune ttuine saljjak jogum gwanshimi gane, he sang with a fake, high-pitched voice.

The 2PM boys turned into Kara for the rest of the song. When they didn’t know what the dance moves were, they simply did the signature dance move; -dances solved all. At the end, instead of the strong pose, they each did an incredibly girly stance.

Junsu fell to the floor after the song was over. “I'm deeeead.”

“Let’s go home now.” Chansung sounded completely sober. They didn’t notice Wooyoung downing another half bottle of soju.

“How much is this? I don’t even know if I have enough money.”

“You can just dance and show your abs if you can’t pay,” Taecyeon snickered.

On the other hand Wooyoung..

“Saranghanda!” He grabbed the closest person to him, which was Chansung,  and pressed his lips to the maknae’s cheek.

“AAAARGGHH!” He immediately pushed Wooyoung off of him and, unintentionally, into Jay who caught him. Wooyoung looked at who his savior was.

“Ohhhh~~ yoo swaved mee Bummie hyung!” He was about to kiss him, but his lips came onto contact with rough hands. Using one hand, Jay held onto him, and with the other, he protected his face.

“Hyung, how commme your lipsh are sho wufff?” Wooyoung asked.

Jay snapped. “Get him away from me!”

Taecyeon ended up carrying him over the shoulder, being the one who wasn’t scared of the Busan man.

“To think he becomes a kissing maniac when he’s drunk. Weird..” Junsu said.

“It's a conspiracy!!” Jay yelled as he wiped his hands on the couch, trying to cleanse himself of Wooyoung’s saliva.


“Can you carry him home? You have my permission to slap him if he tries to molest you,” Junsu said seriously, completely ignoring Jay's comment.

“Alright,” Taecyeon laughed.

The boys went to the front desk and paid then headed home with Taecyeon carrying a drunk Wooyoung.

*     *     *
The lock clicked, and Jay pushed the door open. It was dark inside since no windows could be seen. He walked in along the wall to find the switch. The group followed him in.

Khun’s shoes could be seen next the closet, neatly placed, with luggage next to it.

“Guess he’s back already.”

“Yeah, guess so. Wanna make some noodles?”

 

“I am kind of hungry..”

“Lemme down!!” Wooyoung whined. Taecyeon put him down then they headed to the kitchen. Wooyoung then wobbled towards his own room, mumbling to himself.

“None of de hyungs wuv me anymore..”

He opened the door to his room and saw Nichkhun sleeping in his bed. He paused, and thought, At least Khun still does. Hell never reject me! Sitting on the side of his bed, he leaned down to kiss his cheek.

*     *     *

-Nichkhun p.o.v.-

Whats that sound..? I could feel that someone was here. Was it Wooyoung? Were the guys back from whatever they were doing? My eyes fluttered open. I was facing the wall, so I turned myself around. “Where di—”

My lips came into contact with something soft. My eyes widened. I saw the familiar face of my roommate. His eyes were closed. I stayed dazed for five seconds, before pushing him off me with a yell. “AAAAAAHHHHH!”

-In the kitchen-

“SH*T!”

"Don't cuss!" Jay reprimanded him but Taecyeon didn't hear him. He was looking around searching for the drunk singer. “Where’d he go?!”

The four boys looked at each other. A moment later, a scream echoed throughout the dorm.

 

“AAAAAAHHHHH!” It was followed by a thump and the door slamming open. “WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO TO HIM?”

Nichkhun ran into the kitchen rubbing his mouth roughly. He then smelt his breath. “Soju? You guys fed him SOJU?!”

“He didn’t .. kiss you.. did he? There?” Junsu pointed to Khun’s mouth.

“YES, HE DID!”

Jay shook his head. “I TOLD you guys it was a conspiracy!”

*     *     *
Wooyoung lay sprawled across the floor, having been shoved by Khun. He didn’t seem to mind in the least, as he was already deep into dreamland.

“Mmm.. I wuv you Khunnie,” he murmered, with a big smile on his face.