Final Chapter

You and I Both

It happened during one of those regular mornings. He was running late that he wasn’t able to eat breakfast, so he decided to stop by a coffee shop near his university.

After he park car on the side way, he look at the coffee shop on the opposite side of the street and wonder why are there so many students at this hour.  Aren’t they running late for class? The funny thing is not only students from his university are there, but also High school  students whose school aren’t nowhere near in this area. He shakes his head.

Girls.

He make his way to the said coffee shop. He could hear the students’ squeal on every step he takes.Just what the hell is going on. He almost turn away and forget about the coffee because maybe, just maybe, there’s a celebrity shooting something whatever in that coffee shop. But curiosity strikes him and decided to take a glance inside just for a second. He stand right beside the Highschool students. He glanced at them and then inside the coffee shop then glance back at the students. I can’t see anyone inside.

Probably sensing his confusion, one of the highschool girls turn to him and said “It’s the pink oppa.”

Raising one eyebrow “ But I can’t see anyone and why aren’t any line inside the coffee shop anyway?”

Another girl almost rolled her eyes “Because we are highschool students and we can’t afford coffee, too expensive.”

He released a faint “oooh” before going inside the coffee shop, there are no customers anyway.

The door released a sound like birds chirping right after he opened it. The coffee shop gives a cozy feeling and he wonder why he only decided to go here today. Because you don't like coffee.

He heard a man’s voice voice somewhere, yelling “I’ll be there! Just give me a second!” followed by the sound of boxes falling.

“Nooooo~”

He almost laugh at the cuteness of the unknown man. Almost.

The door beside the counter opened revealing a man, probably on his 20s. He is wearing a pink polka dotted shirt and brown khaki pants with an apron.

He cringe a little at the man’s fashion sense. Really pink polka dots?

He has a blond hair. That definitely doesn’t look natural. It looks so soft though. How did he even do that?

He unconsciously touch his red hair.

The man is wearing a pout while rubbing the pink spot on his arm.

The boxes probably fell on him. 

Clumsy.

The moment he saw the customer, the pout was replaced by a bright smile almost immediately. “Good Morning! What can I do for you?”

He suddenly can’t find his voice and started looking at the menu behind-, he look at the name tag attached on the man’s shirt, -Sungmin, as if he hasn’t yet decided what drink he’ll have.

Let’s face the truth. He can’t drink coffee. He can’t take the bitter taste of it and he doesn’t know why people loves drinking it.  He only drinks coffee when there are too much sugar packets or when 80% of it are cream. He's hopeless.

“One Moccaccino please?”  he return the bright smile Sungmin gave him earlier.

As he wait for his drink, he decided to take this opportunity to look at Sungmin’s features. White fare skin, pink pouty lips (oh he didn’t missed that ‘M’ shaped lips), eyes that turns to crescent moon shape whenever he smile and his sharp nose. He reminds him of someone… or rather of something.

A bunny.

“Cute” He mumbled.

After paying for the drink, he contemplate if he’ll ask him about the coffee shop. Why are there any employees aside from him?

Probably sensing his curiosity. Sungmin look at him for a moment before smiling again like giving him an encouraging look.

Then he dropped the bomb.

Sungmin laughed and he think it sounds too innocent, so pure.

“Yes, I'm the only employee and I own this shop.”

Nodding lightly, understood everything but doesn’t really fill his curiosity. He bow his head towards Sungmin and said a thank you before walking out from the shop. Just when he was about to step out, he heard his voice again.

“I hope you’ll come again. I would like to see your beautiful smile more often-

Turning around, grinning. “It’s Hyukjae.”

“Yes, Hyukjae.”

Hyukjae’s smile can’t get anymore bigger as he walks to his car.

No one ever complimented him about his smile.

Sipping at his coffee, he now realized that along with the bitter taste, is a sweetness that no one would be able to feel unless they focus and earn for it. No need for creams and sugar packets. Just enjoying the moment.

Looking back again at the coffee shop, he swear he would come back again.


Maybe, coffee isn’t so bad after all.