I'm Scared

Pathetic

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri rested her back against the wall while seeing the popular student in her school interacted with her friends, happily. Still not realizing her secret admirer was looking at her for 10 minutes. Yuri let out a sighed before curled her fists to her side, tried to find strength in her soul for greet her long crush. Well if the 'crush' word can still used after liking Jessica Jung for about 4 years. She know she looked pathetic standing out of line looking at the beauty girl while having mental battle with herself.

 

Again a sighed exited from her lips, 'How can I talk to you? You're too perfect...'

 

Yuri bit her below lip when she heard Jessica melodious laughter when her acquitance whispered something in her ear.

 

'I want to be the person that whisper that joke to you, so I can be the witness of an angel laughed...' Yuri thought pathetically.

 

She turned around; giving up for talking to Jessica for today. With a slump shoulder she walked back to her group with a frowned pasted on her face.

 

Are you okay Yuri-ah?” Yoona, her best friend noticed her frowned.

 

Yeah.” Yuri replied faintly before sat on the bench defeatedly. Yoona let out a chuckled, “You still don't have courage to talk up with her huh?”

 

Yuri timidly nodded.

 

You know, I can introduce you to her?” Yoona suggested while looking at her best friend.

 

I don't know what to say you know...” Yuri ruffled her hair.

 

You're pathetic Kwon Yuri...” Yoona shook her head seeing her exesperated friend.

 

'Indeed I am...'

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri threw all her books in the locker before walked along the hallway to Yoona's classroom to go home with her like usual.

 

She fished out her phone, checking any messages or calls.

 

After realized she arrived in front of Yoona's classroom, she realized her friend class are not done yet so she played a random game in her phone. Immersed in her game, she doesn't realize that the clock ticking and all students from Yoona's class exited.

 

Yuri.” she tilted her head up after feeling a tapped on her shoulder.

 

She smiled seeing Yoona but quickly frowned when seeing Jessica beside her best friend, she awkwardly bowed before sent secret glared to Yoona, 'You know I can't talk with her right?!' she sent secret message to Yoona make Yoona grinned widely before shrugged.

 

Sica, this is Yuri my best friend, Yuri this is Jessica my seatmate.” Yoona introduced them; acting as casual as she can while stiffling her laughter seeing Yuri's tremble hands.

 

Jessica threw a sweet smiled to Yuri before landed her hand, for a handshake.

 

Yuri looked around except the beauty infront of her before she turned around, “Ah Yoona I need to go for my swimming practice. Bye.” she rumbled out before ran away from the scene, not waiting any response from the opponents.

 

'I'm pathetic...'

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri yelped in pain when she received a whack on her forehead; thanks to Yoona who was lecturing her from running away from Jessica.

 

Don't you know its rude?! I was helping you Yuri! At least shake her hand for a sign of gratitude. You don't need to run like that.Swimming? Can't you came out another good reason? There is no swimming club in our school, heck even a swimming pool!” Yoona kept talking beside her make Yuri let out a groaned before tucked her head under her arms.

 

Ah Yoona! I'm scared! I'm nervous! I don't know what to say to her! I don't want to make a bad impression to her!” Yuri said with a loud voice; venting her frustration.

 

Well, you already make a bad impression to her. She thought that you hate her.” Yoona said nonchalantly.

 

Yuri stared at Yoona before smacked her head on the table, “Yuri, you pathetic person...”

 

Indeed you're.” Yoona rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You need to come to my party Yuri. If not don't talk to me for a century.” Yoona said in the phone make Yuri chuckled from her best friend childish antic.

 

Okay, okay...I'll be there. Just give me 10 minutes.” Yuri quickly hang up, don't want to hear any whined sound from the annoying pest.

 

She wear as casual she can before finished it with a dark chocolate leather jacket before walked outside her apartment and zoomed to the pizza parlor, where Yoona's birthday party being held.

 

When she reached there the pizza parlor have half crowded, thanks to Yoona's social butterfly attitude in their school.

 

After sucessfully slipped between the crowd she creep behind Yoona before gave a big back hug to Yoona make she shrieked, but thankfully covered with the loud chattered voices in the parlor. Yoona gave a hard smacked on her arm before pulled her to seat beside her.

 

How could you forget my party Kwon Yuri?!” Yoona headlocked her make she laughed before jabbed Yoona's side, “I'm sorry okay? I have some errands to run before. Now let me go.” Yuri said before pulled out a neatly wrapped small box to Yoona, “Happy birthday, my best buddy.”

 

Before Yoona can thank her, a soft voice interrupted them, “Hey Yoona.”

 

Yuri turned around to see the owner of the voice. Jessica Jung, her long crush standing only two fists away from her. She composed her calm expression before took a gulped from the carbonated can on the table, for wetting her dry throat.

 

She just kept quiet while Yoona and Jessica conversed. Yuri still focused how her heart beat faster when she can smelt Jessica's sweet perfume. Is it floral scent? Yuri thought.

 

But her deep thought being cut off when she felt a tapped on her shoulder. She silentl gasped when Jessica who was the one tapped her. Oh my lucky shoulder...

 

Err, Yoona has gone.” Jessica said awkwardly, avoiding Yuri's blank stared.

 

Huh? Oh! Aish that brat...How could she dumped me..” Yuri groaned before shifted a little, “Err, want to seat?”

 

Jessica shyly nodded before sat beside Yuri. Yuri's body becoming stiffed feeling Jessica's soft skin grazed her jacket material.

 

So...You're Kwon Yuri right?” Jessica started the conversation after feeling awkwardness rised between them.

 

Yeah, and you're Jessica. Yoona's classmate.” Yuri said while scratching back of her neck. Then, they kept quiet don't know what to say to each other.

 

'Come on Yuri! This is your one in life time opportunities!' she screamed in her thoughts.

 

I'm sorry for running away.”

 

Huh?” Jessica turned to her direction with a confused expression.

 

The previous day. In front of your class. I'm sorry for running away. I'm just nervous.” Yuri said with a small smiled.

 

Oh...I-I thought you hate me...” Jessica mumbled, ducked her head while staring at the ground.

 

How could I hate someone that look like an angel.” She rumbled quickly make herself blushed. With her instant action, she sucessfully make Jessica blushed too.
 

Yuri nervously grabbed Jessica's hand before held it firmly, “I-I know this is so sudden. But I always have a crush on you. But I don't know this is should be calling crush even after looking at you from far away for 4 years.”

 

Jessica looked at with a wided eyes, “I thought you don't notice me since I transfered to your school. I always have like you since my first day at that school. You know when you help to reached the book from the upper shelf for me.”

 

R-Really? That's the first time I had a crush on you!” yuri exclaimed excitedly but quickly sheepishly entwined their fingers together, “So...are you free this weekend? Maybe we can go for a movie or something?”

 

I would love to.” Jessica whispered to Yuri's ear before gave a kiss on her cheek make Yuri's tanned skin became pinkish.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's been two weeks since Yuri and Jessica officially going out with each other. Many students congratulated them and said they make for each other. Everyone were happy for them except for a person...

 

AH GUYS! STOP IT ALREADY!” Yoona puffed her cheeks, looking annoyed at the two lovebirds opposite from her.

 

Yuri and Jessica looked at her in the same time, “What?” they chuckled when hearing their same response. “We're totally are soulmate baby.” Yuri said huskily before stole a kiss on Jessica's lips.

 

Indeed we're.” Jessica drapped her arms to Yuri's neck before gave a long kiss, “Seobang”

 

Urgh, I regret for dumping you guys in the pizza parlor. At least, I won't being witnessing this cheesy scene everyday.” Yoona grumbled before buried her head under her arms make the couple laughed at Yoona.

 

You're pathetic, Yoona.” they said, in chorused.

 

Indeed I am...” Yoona replied.

 

End.

 

 

 

 

Based on a true scenario,

My best friend's situation frankly,

And yeah they are cheesy couple.

Thanks for reading =)