Chapter 1

Breaking the Ice

NO ONES POV:

*RIINNGG RIINNGG* A hand slapped the clock as a sleepy Myungsoo groaned rubbing his eyes while still laying down.  He let out a sigh as he turned his head to the side and opened his eyes a crack to see what time it was.

5:10 am.  He sighed one more time before deciding to get up.  

He went to brush his teeth and wash his face.  After he put on a jacket and some sneakers as he quietly left his apartment to go out for a run.  Myungsoo liked to exercise but he couldnt afford a treadmill or anything like that so he had to jog around outside.  But there remained the problem of when and how.  He didnt like to run into people (especially the people who he accidentally, unfortunately, ran into before who happened to remember him and decided to say hi) so he decided to go on jogs every morning at 5am, a time where he knew practically no one around the area was awake.  

Myungsoo was breaking a sweat as he breathed in the fresh air and kept on jogging.  He was enjoying his time until he spotted a figure, a petite girl who was on her morning jog.

"Shoot.."  He said under his breath as he made an abrupt turn making sure he woudnt run into her.  Ever since he moved here and started his morning jogs that same girl was there in the morning on her walks.  Fortunately he never bumped into her once since he was careful; and he wasnt about to make his morning jogs at 4am, it was too early.  So he decided to make sure he stayed away from her.  

After an hour, Myungsoo came back home, sweaty, and took a short shower.  

Once he stepped out of the shower and put some clothes on, a black shirt with dark blue worn out jeans and some socks, He looked into the refrigerator to see if there was any food for breakfast.  But when he opened the door, there was absolutely nothing inside.  I mean, besides the year old milk and sandwich.  

Myungsoo picked up the sandwich with a disgusted face as he threw it into the trashcan.  He sighed as he closed the door and looked around, wishing there was food.  But he knew... he knew there was no food and therefore... he had to go out and buy some.

Myungsoo sighed out of frustration as he scratched the back of his head, "But i dont want to go out..."  He said to himself.  Then after a few seconds, Myungsoo took a coat and a scarf as he went outside to the market.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Myungsoo had made the trip to the market, safely, with only a greeting with the cashier.  Myungsoo was home sweet home. or so he thought.

"Hello!" An enthusiastic ahjumma went up to him as she smiled brightly with some flyers in her hand.

Myungsoo was surprised to suddenly see this ahjumma in front of him that he widened his eyes and almost dropped his food.

"Your a handsome young man! Why dont you try some food at our cafe?? It just opened!  We'll give first time visitors free crepe breakfast and a smoothie!  The food is really good!"  The ahjumma went nonstop.

Myungsoo opened his mouth to reject but before that the lady grabbed his hand forcing him inside, where a couple of peope were eating.  She sat him down at a small table for two and smiled.

"I'll get you your food! Make sure you tell your friends about this place!"  She said as she left before he could say a word.  

"Aisshh..."  Myungsoo muttered under his breath.  He knew it would be rude to leave, but he didnt want to deal with this right now.. Especially in a place with so many people.  He then stood up swiftly and walked briskly towards the door.  But then bumped into someone.

"AHH!"  A woman yelled with her shrill voice.  Myungsoo looked up as he widened his eyes.  The collision had caused her smoothie to fall all over her pretty shirt.

Myungsoo opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"Hey!"  A burly guy next to her said with an angry voice directed at Myungsoo, "Shouldnt you apologize or something to my wife?! We just bought this shirt yesterday!"

"I-I'm.."  Myungsoo tried hard to say something but nothing came out.  He never was in a situation like this in the longest time.  

'WELL?!"  The man looked as if he was about to punch Myungsoo.  Myungsoo's eyes wandered as he saw everyone's eyes on them.  He was slightly turning red as slight tears were forming in his eyes, he hated this.. He hated this attention... Why wouldnt they just mind their own business... Why wouldnt they just look away?!

"Ahjussi?"  A random girl suddenly popped up in between Myungsoo and the angry man.

"Yun?-"  The man slightly softened at the girl.  Myungsoo's eyes turned back to normal as he looked curiously at this young girl.

"Ahjussi.  This man didnt mean any harm.  Soften up huh?"  She asked the man with her eyesmile.  This caused both the man and wife to calm down.

"He wouldnt even apologize-"

"Mr. and Ms. Ha.  I promise you that stain will disappear in no time if you just spray it a little."  She said still smiling.  The couple were completely calm now as they nodded.

"You're right Yun.  Its the morning, we were overexaggerating a little. sorry"  The couple replied. and said looking at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo didnt know what to say or do so he simply looked down and swiftly walked by.

"Whats wrong with him?"  Everyone was wondering.  Yun looked over at his figure as she was confused as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*That was a close one.*  Myungsoo thought to himself as he slowed down a bit, wanting to go home.

"Hey ahjussi."  The girl's head popped right next to Myungsoo as he yelped a little and took a step back with wide eyes at the girl.

The girl then started to giggle at his reaction which prompted Myungsoo to glare as he continued to walk on.

"Wait Ahjussi!"  The girl ran to catch up with him, "Sorry.  I didnt mean to laugh. It just looked like you were so terrified to see someone."  

Myungsoo ignored her and continued on.

"My name's Song Yun.  What's yours?"  Myungsoo didnt answer back and kept going.

"Do you usually not talk?"  Yun asked, "Or.. Can you not talk?"

Myungsoo ignored this again.

But Yun didnt give up, "Well its nice to meet you ahjussi."  She smiled at him. as he kept going straight.

*I am NOT an ahjussi.. I'm only 21 years old...*  He thought to himself as he slightly let his eyes wander to the girl but then looked forward again when she turned to him.

"Ahjussi! You live here?!"  She asked with a loud voice, surprised.  Myungsoo flinched at her voice as he simply ignored her once again and continued on towards the apartment building.

"No way! I do too!"  She said smiling even bigger.

*Why the heck does she smile so much??... Why cant she leave me alone?...*  He tried walking faster but Yun walked to match his pace.

They made it up the stairs as he quickly went faster to press on the elevator button and went in as soon as it opened.

Yun tried to make it inside but he closed it shut.

"Wait-.."  Yun pouted slightly as she slightly smiled, "What a strange Ahjussi."  Then she proceeded to use the stairs.

*What a strange girl...*  Myungsoo thought once in the elevator.  "Whatever... Its not like i'll see her again.."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------