Luhan's Tale

Week by Week

The parts in italics are Luhan's thoughts, memories, and flashbacks.

The story goes by a little fast but I hope you enjoy it!

Comments would be greatly appreciated!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan was sitting at a medal table in a room that wasn't very brightly lit. There was only one light shining down on him. There was also a two-way mirror on his right. He knew who was on the other side of that mirror.... Kim Taeyeon's parents. They came to hear his side of what happened to their daughter.

Sitting opposite of him was an interrogator named Mr. Lee who looked like he was in his mid thirties. He sat there with a notepad and a pen. He was wearing a black suit and stared at Luhan with cold eyes. "What happened to Kim Taeyeon?" He questioned. This was the second time he had asked that question, and both times he had received nothing from Luhan. They had been sitting in this room for fifteen minutes and Luhan had not given him any information about Taeyeon. Mr. Lee let out a deep breath and put his pen down. "Why did you bother calling when you aren't even willing to give us information?" Luhan shrugged. "Do you want to help us?" asked Mr. Lee, frustrated.

Luhan stopped playing with his fingers and looked up at him. "Yes." croaked Luhan.

Mr. Lee sighed before folding his hands together and setting them on top of the table. "Let's start with something easier then shall we?" He paused and then continued. "How do you know her? How did you meet her? Where and when did you meet her?"

Luhan took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "We met at a party three months ago." He opened his eyes and saw Mr. Lee jotting things down onto his notepad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was running late to Sehun's party. My parents wanted me to stay home but I kept begging to leave. After about 10 minutes of begging and pleading and convincing, my parents decided to let me go to Sehun's. Of course I didn't tell them that he was throwing a party while his parents were away for their anniversary. They'd tell his parents and then he'd possibly get grounded. 

I hopped onto the next bus and headed straight to Sehun's. I arrived late. The party started at seven and I got there at eight. When I walked inside, I spotted Sehun chatting with some girl. I didn't know her name and never found out, but they seemed to be hitting it off pretty well. I didn't want to interrupt, so I walked out into the backyard. There's a flower garden right behind the pool, so I decided to go visit it. It was dark outside, but there were little lights lighting up the pathway in the garden, allowing me to see where I was going and what was around me. I saw a girl sitting down on the bench. She was looking up at the night sky. With the help of the light around me, I could see that she was wearing a white dress. Her hair was a light brown and was in big curls. She was fair skin and very petite. I was curious about her, so I walked over.

"Hello." I greeted.

She was startled but was very polite. "Oh hi, you scared me." As I got a look at her face, I was taken away. She was beautiful.

I smiled at her. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snuck up on you like that."

She smiled back at me. "It's okay. Wanna sit?"

I nodded and sat down next to her. "I'm Luhan."

She looked at me and giggled. "I'm Taeyeon." I saw her eyes studying my face. I was about to ask if I had something on it until she spoke again."You're not Korean are you?" I was surprised at her question, but I answered by shaking my head 'no.' "Are you Chinese?" I nodded. "Do you live in South Korea?" I nodded again. "Cool!"

I laughed and looked up at the stars. "So, why were you looking at the stars?"

From the corner of my eyes, I saw her shrug. "They're pretty." I nodded in agreement. She was so different from other girls. I don't know how or why but she just is. "So," She started. "Do you go to my high school? I've never seen you before."

I turned to look at her. "No, I don't."

"So then how'd you get invited to this party?"

"I've been friends with Sehun since we were five. Our parents are friends from work."

formed the shape of an 'O.' "Do you like it? The party?"

She sure seems to like asking questions! "Um, it's alright I guess. I just got here."

Before she could say anything, her cell phone rang. She answered it and gave me an apologetic smile. "Yeah, yes, I'll be right there." She hung up and turned to me. "I'm sorry. That was my friend and she's looking for me."

"Is she here?"

She nodded. "Yeah, she's here. She wants to leave though." She looked down at her hands, which were placed in her lap, and frowned.

I stood up and held out my hand to her. "Then let's head back to the party shall we?"

Her frowned disappeared but the smile that formed had sadness behind it. She grabbed my hand anyway and stood up. "We shall." She and I walked back to the house and before I could ask for her number, she spoke. "I should go find her. It was nice meeting you." And with that, she turned to leave, leaving me standing there all by myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Lee looked up from his notepad. "And?"

"That's it." Luhan replied. "We didn't talk until a month later."

Mr. Lee tilted his head to the side. "Well what happened a month later?"

"I went to the mall with my friend, Myungsoo." Luhan placed his hands in the pocket of his hoodie. "We were in a music store and I spotted her. She was with her friend..." He scratched his head. "Sunny, I think is her name." He placed his hand back into his pocket. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was looking at some new albums that they had placed on the shelf when I heard a ding from the door. I looked up and saw Taeyeon walking in with a friend of hers. I told Myungsoo that I would be right back before walking over to Taeyeon. "Hello."

She looked up and smiled. "Hi."

"I don't know if you remember me. I'm the guy at Sehun's party?"

Her eyes widened a fraction. "Oh yeah, hi! How are you?"

"I'm fine." I replied. "And you?"

"Same."

Things were beginning to get quiet so I plucked up the courage to ask for her number. "I never got to ask for your number."

A look of realization came across her face when she realized I wanted her number. She nodded and started reciting her phone number. As I punched it down into my phone, I heard someone come up to us. 

"Oh, hey Taeyeon." I looked up and found Myungsoo standing there. He was standing beside me but smiling at Taeyeon.

"Hey Myungsoo." She greeted. These two know each other? How can that be? They don't even go to the same school.

"You two know each other?" Myungsoo asked. I guess he was also surprised that Taeyeon and I knew each other.

"Mhmm." Taeyeon started. "We met at a party." Myungsoo's mouth formed into an 'O.'

"Hey Taeyeon!" We all looked to find her friend waiting by the door. "Let's go." She said, motioning for Taeyeon to follow her.

Taeyeon turned back to us and smiled apologetically. "I'm so sorry. I have to go." She turned to leave and then turned back. "It was nice seeing you again." I didn't know if she was saying that to me or Myungsoo until she added, "And you too Myungsoo."

When she left, Myungsoo turned to me. "I didn't know you knew her."

"I didn't know you knew her either."

"Our parents are friends." 

After standing there for a good thirty seconds of silence, we both headed home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you and Taeyeon ever talk on the phone after that?"

"Yes, I sent her a text that night." Luhan scratched his nose and rubbed his face afterwards. "We continued texting all week until that Saturday."

"What happened Saturday?"

"She asked me to hangout." Luhan swallowed the saliva that formed in his mouth. "Of course I agreed, and then she suggested to meet up at the noodle place about a block away from Sehun's."

"What's the noodle place called?" Mr. Lee asked, still writing down in his notepad.

Luhan closed his eyes and tried to think. "Um..." Five seconds later he snapped his fingers. "It was called 'Mr. Kwong's Noodles.'"

"So did you two meet up there?"

"Yeah," answered Luhan. "We met there and then ordered some food." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So..." Taeyeon started, wiping with a napkin afterwards. We just finished eating our dinner, and I felt stuffed.

"So..." I repeated.

"Thanks for coming out with me tonight." She bit her lip and then looked out the window. "I needed this."

"Why did you ask me?" It was a stupid question and I mentally cursed myself.

She turned back to look at me and shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I just want to get to know you better." My heart warmed and I felt it slowly melt. I wanted to get to know her better too. There was something about her that made my heart ache. When I first saw her at that party, it was practically love at first sight.

Whoa, wait. What the hell am I even saying? Love?! I've never loved a girl before. I've never even said it to someone. Taeyeon was definitely different.

"Are you ready to get out of here and go walking around town?" She asked, eyeing me carefully.

I threw my napkin onto the table and nodded anxiously. "Yeah, let's go!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So where did you two go after leaving the noodle restaurant?" Mr. Lee asked while looking up from his notepad.

"We went around town and visited the small shops." Luhan replied. He remembered going into a toy shop that had funny glasses and funky hats. Taeyeon threw him a pair of glasses to try on and she cracked up when he placed them on his face. They made his eyes look crazy big, and to add to the humor, he had placed a purple fuzzy hat onto of his head and made a face. Taeyeon was crying from laughing so hard. He smiled at the memory, but Mr. Lee brought him back to reality.

"What'd you two do after visiting all those stores?"

Luhan hesitated before answering. "It was around seven, and I offered to take her home but she didn't want to leave yet. So I took her to a club that my friend worked at."

"Club?" Mr. Lee repeated.

Luhan nodded. "Club EXO."

Mr. Lee wrote down the name of the club onto his notepad and glanced back up at Luhan. "What'd you two do there?"

Luhan wrung his hands. "Well, we went in and I introduced her to some friends. Then we just danced and I took her home after two hours."

"Is that all that happened that night?" 

Luhan bit his bottom lip and then nodded. He wasn't about to mention the fact that Taeyeon had given him a small peck on the cheek. He could still feel it. Her soft lips on his skin...Heaven. "We continued text messaging for the rest of the week until that Friday."

"What happened Friday?"

"She sent me a text asking if I wanted to skip school with her."

"And you did?" When Luhan nodded, Mr. Lee motioned for him to continue.

"We met at the noodle restaurant again and then went to her favorite place."

Mr. Lee squinted his eyes. "Which is where?"

"The lake." Luhan rubbed his face before proceeding. "We went to the lake and sat on the dock."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, we just sat there and listened to the water flowing and moving with the wind."

Mr. Lee shook his head and let out a low chuckle. "So you skipped school just to sit on a dock at the lake?"

"No," replied Luhan. "I skipped school to be with her."

Mr. Lee sat back in his chair and crossed his arms over his chest. "So you liked her then, right?"

"Yes..." Luhan said through clenched teeth.

Mr. Lee laughed again. "So tell me what you two did after sitting by the lake."

Luhan began to get annoyed. "We didn't do anything. We just sat there. What do you think we did? Had ?" 

"Please don't say that word." Mr. Lee begged, looking at the mirror.

The boy shrugged. "Can I continue now?" When he received a nod from his interrogator, he sighed and carried on with his story. "All we did was just sit there. We talked but it was just small talk." He looked down at his hands. "That day was just when we got to really know each other." 

"Is that all you two did that day?"

Luhan rolled his eyes. "Yes."

"What'd you two do the next time you saw each other?"

"It was her brithday the following week and a couple of her friends were throwing her a surprise party. Sehun invited me so I went."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked into Sunny's house, the place where Taeyeon's birthday party was being thrown, and handed Sehun the sodas that I had bought.

"Thanks!" He took them and was about to bring them into the kitchen but I stopped him.

"Is she here yet?" I asked, referring to Taeyeon.

Sehun knew who I was talking about and shook his head. "No, Sunny just went to go get her. Taeyeon thinks that she's only coming over here to watch scary movies with a few friends." I nodded and watched him leave to put the drinks away.

I stood by the door and watched as everyone ran around to get the place ready for Taeyeon. Some girls were blowing up balloons. Some were getting the refreshments onto a table. Some boys were hanging up a banner that said 'Happy Birthday Taeyeon!' And some were just lounging around on the couch.

I walked over to find Sehun and asked if he needed any help. He told me that there was really nothing left to do but just sit and wait for the birthday girl. I definitely could not wait for her. I was so anxious to see her. I thought about her every minute of every day. Ugh what is wrong with me! No girl has ever made me feel this way before. 

"She's here! Hide!" Some girl shouted. Everyone dispersed and quickly hid themselves. I didn't know where to hide so I ducked behind the couch.

I heared the door rattle and when it flew open, everyone jumped out of their hiding places and yelled "Surprise!" I stood behind the couch and watched as Taeyeon's facial expression change from shock to happiness. She thanked all those around her and then spotted me. My breath caught in my throat. I gave a small wave and walked off into the kitchen to get a drink. I don't know what it is about her that makes me act so weird. I'm used to talking and flirting with girls. Myungsoo and I did it all the time. But with Taeyeon it's like I don't even know how to speak to girls anymore.

I was chugging down my cup of punch when someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Taeyeon standing there. I nearly choked on my drink, actually, I did choke on my drink. 

Taeyeon quickly reached out to pat my back and she was apologizing while doing so. I waved my hands at her, telling her it was alright and that I was alright.

When I could breathe again, I gave her the best smile I could muster. "Happy birthday!"

She smiled back and thanked me. "This is really a surprise. The party I mean."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "You had absolutely no clue?"

"No, I didn't!" Taeyeon said, giggling. "Sunny's good at acting!"

I laughed along with her, but it soon got quiet and I found myself cracking my knuckles. 

"Do you want to go outside?" Taeyeon asked, pointing to the back door. "It feels nice with the cool breeze and all."

I nodded, glad to get out of the crowded and loud house. "Sure." I followed her out of the house and to the backyard. There was a deck and below that was a pool. Taeyeon and I walked over to the side of the pool and sat there. She took off her sandals and sunk her feet into the pool. I brought my legs up to my chest and hugged it, watching her intently. She was sure beautiful, the way the lights in the pool and on the deck shined on her. I had the urge to grab her and pull her in for a hug but that would be weird.

"So," She started. That's when I noticed that we were sitting in silence.

"So you're 18 now!" I said enthusiastically.

She laughed and nodded. "Yeah, I'm getting old."

"No, you're not. You're just getting to the good years."

She turned to look at me. Her head was tilted to the side. "Are you 18?"

"Yeah, and I'm loving every second of it." It wasn't a lie. I did love being 18.

To keep the conversation going, I decided to ask her a question. "Are you planning to go to college?"

"Yeah, I want to go into the medical field." She put a lock of her hair behind her ear. "You?"

"Yeah, but I'm going to audition for a university dealing with the arts."

She looked at me with a surprised look. "Like music?"

"Music, theater...all that."

"What are you doing for your audition?"

I pursed my lips then sighed. "I'm going to sing."

A soft smile came to her face. "You like to sing?"

"Yeah, and dance." I didn't know if I sounded like I was bragging but she seemed to be impressed.

"Can you sing for me?"

I was nervous and hesitant at first but I wanted to impress her even more. Besides, I knew I wasn't a terrible singer. I've sung at many community shows and at club exo. I took a deep breath and braced myself. 

After I sang 'Happy Birthday,' she clapped and then punched my arm. I was taken away by her actions. "Ow, what was that for?"

"Because you never told me you could sing and you're so good at it, even if it was just the 'Happy Birthday' song."

After we both laughed, it grew silent again. She was gazing out into the pool and I was gazing at her. Before I knew what I was doing, I scooted myself closer to her, cupped her face, turned it to meet mine, and kissed her. I didn't know what I was doing, but I knew I didn't want to stop. She was stiff and tense underneath my touch but I felt her loosen up. I felt her small hands touch my sides as she kissed me back. We pulled each other in closer and I was becoming breathless. I guess she felt the same way because she pulled  herself from my grasp. Her chest was rising and falling with great speed. Mine was too. "I-I'm sorry." I apologized. Maybe I was going too fast.

"It's okay." She said, looking away.

"Luhan!" I looked up and saw Sehun standing on the deck. "Bring the birthday girl in. We're going to do the cake!"

He walked inside before I could even utter a word out. I turned back to Taeyeon who was still looking at where Sehun stood. I got up on my feet and dusted my pants off. I held out my hand for her afterwards. "Let's go."

She grabbed my hand and I helped her up. Her legs were soaked from being in the pool. "You go ahead. I have to get a towel." She said, pointing to a cabinet that had 'Towels' written on it. Wow, Sunny even has a towel cabinet outside just for pool use? I nodded and walked back into the house. 

After about a minute, Taeyeon came in. All of the guests were already standing around a big rectangular cake. When she walked in, we all started singing happy birthday and watched as she blew out the candle.

Sunny and a few other girls started passing around slices of cake. When I got my slice, I walked back out onto the deck. I heard someone behind me and looked to find Taeyeon standing there. She had a slice of cake in her hand and walked up beside me. "I knew I'd find you out here."

I smiled at her but suddenly remembered something. I reached down into my pocket and pulled out a rectangular box. I handed it to her. "I got you something."

Her eyes widened as she took the box. "Thanks, but you didn't have to." She opened it and inside was a necklace. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Lee held up a ziplock bag in front of Luhan's face. "Is this the necklace you bought her?"

Luhan took a closer look. In the bag was a silver necklace with the letter T dangling from it. The 'T' had rhinestones on it, making it shimmer. Luhan closed his eyes. "Yes." He buried his face in his hands and forced the tears back.

"She was found wearing it." Mr. Lee added. After a few minutes of silence, Mr. Lee told Luhan to continue. 

"That was it for the night. We didn't see each other until the next Friday."

Mr. Lee crossed his arms in front of his chest again. "You two skipped again, didn't you?" Luhan nodded. "So what happened?"

"Her parents weren't home so we went to her place."

"And?"

"And we talked."

"That's it?"

Luhan nodded, but that wasn't all. He vividly remembered that day. The time when she took him to her bedroom and kissed him. He remembered how she went to take off his shirt. He remembered how she looked without her clothes on. He remembered everything they did that day.

"When was the next time you two hung out?" Mr. Lee asked, interrupting Luhan's thoughts.

"Well she went to Japan for two weeks with her family, so I didn't see her until she got back." He was actually very fed up with the fact that she was leaving right after they had just done it, but she promised to text and call him every day. He had never missed someone as much as he missed Taeyeon when she was away.

"That week when she came back, that week was when she was murdered." Mr. Lee stated, leaning forward in his chair. "Were you with her at that time?"

Every muscle in Luhan's body stiffened. "Yes." He whispered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had gotten home last night and called me first thing in the morning. She wanted to meet up at the lake. I agreed and went but she wasn't there yet. I stood there and waited for her for twenty minutes...she still hadn't arrived yet. I called her cell multiple times and each call was sent straight to voicemail. I didn't know what to do. 

Then I received a call from Myungsoo. He told me that he had something very serious to talk about and asked if I could meet up with him. I told him I couldn't. I didn't want to leave in case Taeyeon decided to show up. But Myungsoo begged and pleaded. I looked around me one last time, hoping to find Taeyeon, and then sighed into the receiver. I told him I would be right there.

He wanted to meet up at this warehouse that his uncle used to own. Since his uncle passed away, the warehouse has been abandoned. The only ones who go in there are me and Myungsoo and ocasionally some of our other friends.

I walked up to the warehouse and saw Myungsoo waiting by the door."Can we make this fast?" I asked. "I kinda have somewhere to be."

He nodded and patted my back, steering me into the warehouse. "Yeah, don't worry. It won't take very long. I just really need to talk to someone."

I looked at him. "About what?"

"Well, there's this girl that I really like..."

I grinned. "Then go for it."

He shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair. "That's the problem. I can't."

"Why not?"

He opened a door to a room and motioned inside. "Because she's seeing my best friend."

My eyes widened as realization hit me right in the face. I was his best friend, which meant that the girl he likes is...Taeyeon! I looked inside the room and found her strapped to a chair in the middle of the room. She had bruises all over her body and a cloth was covering . She looked up and saw me. Her eyes widened and I could see fear in them. I whipped back to Myungsoo. "What did you do to her?" I yelled, grabbing the collar of his shirt.

He did nothing but laugh. "You have no idea how hard it was for me to just sit back and watch the girl I love and my best friend get to together." He spat in my face, making me let him go. Before I knew it, he had punched my jaw. "It made me so angry that she chose you, who she just met nearly three months, over me, someone she's known for years!" He started walking towards me.

I was holding my jaw and backing up to avoid getting another punch in the face. "Why didn't you tell me?"

He laughed and tilted his head. "Would you have really given her up?" I didn't reply back because I knew that I wouldn't have. "Exactly." He turned to look at Taeyeon and smiled at her. "I loved you...so much and you didn't even give me any of your attention." He smacked her and I lunged forward, punching him square in the face.

"Don't. Touch. Her."

"I'll do whatever I want." said Myungsoo. "If I can't have her, then no one can. I'll kill you first and then I'll kill her."

I saw him grab a bat and I knew what he had in mind. I tried to see if there were any other weapons around, but I found none. I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my left leg and realized that Myungsoo had just hit me with the bat. I yelped out in pain and fell to the ground. Myungsoo lifted the bat up and was about to hit me again, but I kicked him in the groin, causing him to fumble over. I got up as soon as I could and stomped on his right hand. He yelled out in pain and I knew that I had broken his fingers. I tried to reach out to get the bat, but he grabbed it with his left hand and the next thing I saw was darkness.

I opened my eyes and found myself in a dark room. I was strapped to a chair and my mouth was covered with cloth. I could feel blood dripping down my face. I finally remembered where I was. Myungsoo must've tied me up while I was passed out. I quickly looked around for Taeyeon and spotted her on the other side of the room. She was bouncing slightly in her seat. I didn't know what she was doing but I knew that I had to get us both out of here. I looked around again to find Myungsoo but he was nowhere in sight. 

Both my hands were behind the chair and tied together with a rope. I shook my hands a little and was relieved to find that the rope wasn't tied very tightly. He probably couldn't tie it very well with broken fingers. I started to wiggle my hands. The rope finally fell to the ground and I removed the cloth from my mouth. I quickly bent down to untie my ankles that were strapped to the legs of the chair. When I finished, I got up and ran to Taeyeon. I didn't even notice I was limping until she had told me after I moved the cloth from .

I ignored her and hastily untied her legs and hands. "Where did he go?"

"I don't know, but he said he'd be back soon."

I finished untying her and hoisted her up onto her feet, but she fell back down and if I hadn't reached out for her, she would've hit the floor. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I think he broke my ankles." She answered. "He brought me here and then me before beating me with the bat."

Anger coursed through me and I wanted to kill that bastard, but I shoved that thought away and told her to get up onto my back. "We have to go...now."

"No, you're leg is injured. You can't put any weight on it."

"Taeyeon!" I yelled. "We have to go now! He could be back any minute. Don't you want to escape?"

She slowly nodded and then got on my back. I started limping towards the door and soon we were out of the warehouse. I suddenly cursed when I realized that we were in the woods. Why did the warehouse have to be in the woods? I took a deep breath and then started running towards the way I came from. It shouldn't take me that long to get to the road. 

Suddenly I heard a loud bang coming from the warehouse. Myungsoo was back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And then what happened?" questioned Mr. Lee.

Luhan looked up from his fingers. "I kept running...but I heard a gunshot and Taeyeon let out a scream. I knew that Myungsoo had shot her."

"Did she die instantly?"

"No, but she was slowing me down." His lips quivered before saying what Mr. Lee really needed to hear. "So I killed her."

Mr. Lee closed his eyes as he took all of the information in. He reopened his eyes and looked right at Luhan. "How did you kill her?"

Luhan's knuckles turned white. "I smashed her head with a rock."

Mr. Lee rubbed his face. "I'm sorry Luhan but I'm gonna have to arrest you." He called for the police to come in and watched as they took Luhan away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later, Luhan had found out that he was going to receive the death penalty. He also found out that Myungsoo received life imprisonment.

 

When it was time for Luhan to be put to death, he let his mind wander off to what really happened the day he and Taeyeon tried to escape.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard a loud bang coming from the warehouse and I knew Myungsoo was back. I tried to run faster but my leg wouldn't let me. My breathing was becoming hard and I felt like passing out again.

"Luhan..." I heard Taeyeon whisper. 

"What?"

"You have to leave me."

I shook my head in disbelief. "What? Are you crazy?"

"I'm slowing you down. Just put me down and run away!"

I ran over to a big tree and set her down, hoping the tree hid us well. "Are you out of your mind? I'm not going to leave you. We'll get out of this together!"

She shook her head at me. "No, you're leg is probably broken, and Myungsoo would be able to catch up to us and kill the both of us. If we both don't make it out alive, then at least one of us should and it needs to be you! I can't run. It has to be you!" She yelled at me. I shook my head not wanting to hear anymore of it. I tried to put her on my back again but she refused. "No. Leave me. Go!"

"No..." I whispered. "I can't leave you. He'll kill you." 

Tears streamed down her face as she nodded her head. I could feel tears well up in my eyes as well. Sure, we've only known each other for three months but she was everything to me. She could make me laugh and smile even when I didn't want to. She understood me when no one else did. She was special.

We heard someone running through the woods and it was getting closer. Taeyeon pushed me away. "Go..." She whispered. "Go..." I didn't want to leave her. I didn't want her to be alone. I hands clenched and unclenched. "Go..." She whispered one last time.

The tears finally streamed down my face as I pulled her in for one last kiss. "I love you." I whispered before running off.

I kept running and running, hoping to find some help so that we could go back and get Taeyeon. I wanted to believe that Myungsoo wouldn't find her and kill her. I wanted to believe it so bad...until I heard a scream which was suddenly stopped by a loud crack.....and then a gunshot.

I wanted to stop. I wanted to run back to her. But I just kept running forward.

I'm a coward.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sehun walked up to his front door, getting ready to go in, and saw a letter with his name written taped to it. He took it off and unfolded the paper. It was from Luhan. And it told him everything that had really happened that fateful day.

As soon as Sehun finished reading the letter, he ran straight to where Luhan's death penalty was taking place. As he was running, he did nothing but think of the last thing Luhan wrote.

I never pointed a gun at her. I never shot her. I never hit her with a rock. I never laid one finger on her in a violent way. But I left her there. I should've kept running with her on my back but I didn't.

I left her there all alone with no weapon to defend herself. 

I left her there to die.

I was the reason for her death.

I killed her.

So I deserve my punishment.

I deserve the death penalty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan was getting ready for his punishment and he was surprisingly calm. He deserved this. And knowing that Myungsoo was going to be in jail for the rest of his life calmed Luhan down even more. 

He laid down on the table and closed his eyes. He waited patiently for the injections.

Luhan was soon injected and he could feel death engulfing him. But before he was completely gone, he heard, in the distance, someone barging into the room. "Wait! Stop! He's innocent!" It was Mr. Lee. He was holding onto the letter that Luhan had wrote to Sehun.

On the table, Luhan smiled softly because now they know his entire story. Now he could just relax and let death take him.

"Stop the machines!" Mr. Lee yelled.

"We can't! It's done! It's over!"

Sehun stood there behind Mr. Lee and looked at the lifeless Luhan on the table. He froze. Luhan was dead. Luhan was gone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was so bright that Luhan had to shield his eyes from the light. He took a look around and found that everything was white. His clothes, the grass, and the trees were even white.

A movement caught his attention. His head whipped to a nearby tree and he couldn't believe his eyes. There she was. There was Taeyeon peeking out from behind a tree.

He heard her giggle and ran towards her. He needed to reach her. He needed to hold her and tell her how much he missed her. He needed to apologize for what he did.

Luhan grabbed her hand and pulled her closer. He studied her face. There were no bruises. There were no marks. She was flawless. 

She looked up at him with the sweetest smile he had ever seen. He reached up to her cheek. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry for leaving you."

She shook her head. "You did good..." She whispered. Before she went to capture his lips with hers, she whispered to him. "I love you..." She kissed him softly and Luhan was glad to be with her again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sehun?"

Sehun turned to Sunny with red eyes. He had been crying. She sat down next to him and patted his back. "I know that it's hard for you. It was hard for me too. But they're still with us. And most importantly, they're with each other again."

Segun nodded in agreement as he wiped his eyes. "Yeah, and I'm glad that Myungsoo is getting the death penalty tomorrow."

Sunny smiled softly. "I'm sure Luhan and Taeyeon feel the same way."