Merry Christmas

25th December
Ryeowook wakes up alone in the king-size bed and he pulls up his cosy blanket to snuggle underneath.
 
It was winter. But what's so special?
 
"Sungie. Where are you? Sungie, it's Christmas. Where are you?" Ryeowook whispers softly to himself as he shivers from the cold.
 
His hand extends to the table beside, and reaches for the alarm clock. He sighs deeply when he sees the time. 0830h. What can he do for the entire day without Yesung?
 
He sits up and puts the clock back in place, and he finds a purple post-it note stuck on his phone. He peels it off and find a message that is displayed.
 
'Wookie. Kyu vanished in the morning and he told me to go out with you. Will you be free today?'
 
 
 
He then lifts the note in front of him and squints his eyes for a closer look.
'good morning! you've a text waiting, :)' the note signed off with '<3 Jongwoon', even though, to Ryeowook, he clearly recognises the handwriting anywhere, everywhere.
 
Ryeowook exhales and gets off the huge bed, hurriedly running to the stand to retrieve his jacket. As he puts on his woollen jacket, he sees a purple post-it note pasted on the stand and he reads it.
 
'sorry, i'll be busy today. enjoy your day with Sungmin, ^^. darling, i love you <3'
p/s I read your message. Sungmin texted you for a date.
 
Ryeowook's lips forms into a pout and sticks the note back to it's original position. Next, he hurries to his wardrobe and picks out a set of winter clothing and heads for the bathroom.
 
Just then, his mobile rings and he rushes out of the bathroom to pick up the call.
 
"I'm outside your house, Wookie ah."
 
"I'm coming down, Minnie. Wait a moment."
 
He hangs up the call and stuffs his cell phone inside his warm pocket and sprints downstairs.
 
He opens the door and finds Sungmin smiling brightly at him. "Ready to go enjoy ourselves after they ditched us for other events?"
 
Ryeowook smiles and nods his head. His hands reaches for his friend's and intertwines them together. "Where shall we go?"
 
 
It was already 7 at night when Ryeowook reaches home after an exhausting day with Sungmin. He closes the door gently and looks up at the door longingly, and wonderingly where Yesung been to today. He places the keys on the table and it was then when he realizes the post-it note stuck on the cabinet with a tiny and lit table lamp above, and he mentally slaps himself for not realizing when he went out today. He reads what was written.
 
'welcome home. <3 ^^ did you enjoy your day?
 
p/s merry christmas!
 
He turns around and exhales deeply again. 'Where was Yesung?' he thought. Had he been forgetten?
 
"I'm here."
 
He hears the voice he love so much.
 
He looks up, shock to only see darkness. He started feeling afraid. Who's talking? Next, he feels someone approaching him, and without any warnings, strong warm arms wraps itself around him and pulls him into a longing kiss.
 
"Merry Christmas, sweetheart." the voice speaks as the light turns on and he sees his beautiful lover standing before him, with a sly smirk tugging at his lips.
 
"Were you cursing yourself for not seeing the note on the cabinet?" Yesung read his previous thoughts.
 
"How did you know?" Ryeowook answers softly, leaning forward to hug the muscular-looking man in front.
 
"Why else am I your boyfriend, if I don't even know little things like this?" Yesung replies and ruffles Ryeowook's hair.
 
"Where were you?" Ryeowook whines as he drags his boyfriend to the couch and settles down to watch the muted yet playing, romantic movie.
 
"Busy." Yesung calmly replies, as he holds out a box of chocolates. "For you."
 
Ryeowook frowns and pushes the box away, causing Yesung to feel confuse.
 
"Where were you?" he whines again, "I was pining for you..."
 
I will make it up to you, sweetie." Yesung smiles and pushes Ryeowook down as he hovers above him.
 
Ryeowook smiles in content and his hands reaches up to Yesung's back and tug at the hem of his shirt. "That's better." he says softly. "Merry Christmas, Sungie. I love you..." 
 
 
THE END