Chapter 39

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

The moment I landed, I made a silent promise to myself to strangle the hell of that Taeyeon.

 

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

UGHHHHHHHHHH.

 

Like clockwork, I took a good look around me to check my location. It turned out that I landed on the living room couch in my apartment.

 

For once. I thought, smiling to myself when I realized I didn’t end up on the floor.

 

The newspapers was lying on the coffee table right in front of me and I instinctively reached for it to check the date. Guess I am getting adept with the travelling thing.

 

My smile soon disappeared when I saw the date on the papers.

 

29 February 2014.

 

The exact day my Taeyeon died.

 

.

 

I immediately took a glance on the wall clock.

 

11.15 am.

 

.

 

I cursed inwardly as I hastily put on my shoes and head out of my apartment.  Just as I stepped out of my apartment building, my eyes widen as I saw a familiar figure waiting at the steps.

 

Ugh, not now. NOT AGAIN.

 

Not wanting to deal with him and let the accident happen again, I quickly looked for an alternative exit but things just weren’t going my way. He turned around as I tried to stealthily make my way to the back exit and immediately came towards me.

 

Damn it.

 

“Hey…”

 

“Look, its over. We are over. I have to go.” I cut him short as I walked past him but he grabbed hold of my wrist.

 

“I just want to talk.” He whimpered softly.

 

My stance hardened even as I saw hurt in his eyes.  He was a great guy – good looks, good manners, everything one would look for in a relationship. Except I AM IN A FREAKING HURRY.

 

“I am really sorry but I told you I am in love with someone else when we broke up. I know you are good to me but we both know this is not going to work out. You deserve someone who truly loves you.”

 

His grip loosened as he stared on the ground. I quickly shook off his hand to run but he quickly held on.

 

“Come on!” I said exasperatedly as I struggled against his hold. “JUST LET ME GO!”

 

“But… But…” He looked lost.

 

Okay, you asked for this.

 

I twisted his hand on my wrist, sending him bowing over in pain before kneeing him in the gut. He then let go of my hand and I quickly ran for it.

 

“Sorry!” I yelled without looking back. I have something more urgent than feeling guilt at that moment. At least I didn’t kick him in groins.

 

, I am not going to make it.

 

I made a quick dash to the park that we have arranged to meet and just as I was about to crossed the road, I heard a deafening honk that was getting louder by the second. By instinct, I looked up and saw a bright light that blinded me momentarily. I stood rooted to the ground as I tried to regain my vision.

 

That was when I heard a loud bang.

 

And I passed out.

 

-

 

Beep.

 

Beep.

 

Beep.

 

“Tiffany? Fany?”

 

I groaned groggily.

 

“Oh my god, you are awake!” The familiar voice exclaimed excitedly.

 

“Mmmm…”

 

“Wait for me, I’ll get the doctor.”

 

-

 

A/N:

If you haven't noticed the similiarities with the situation where Tiffany met her ex in this chapter and the first chapter, there, I just told you. Lol.

And I know there's no 29 Feb this year. It's a date that does not exist, I wouldn't bear to kill Taeyeon in any date that exist. Hahahahahah~~ *cough*

Happy New Year!!