Chapter Six

Dreaming Polaris | stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: “Evil Onions”
Date: 2013 June 25
Characters: Jiyoung & Gikwang
Genre: Romance, fluff, humor
Words: 1259

 

The first time Jiyoung saw the man was at a grocery store.

He had a basket in one arm and an onion in the other. The odd part of it was he was smelling it, the bitter vegetable that didn't deserved to be sniffed by humans because of its strange and unappealing scent that made people cry.

When Jiyoung was a child, she thought onions were evil, because whenever she eyed her mom chopping off the lightly tinted green ball, her mother would end up crying, and young Jiyoung always blamed it on the onion. One time she even tried to slice the round vegetable, and she was in tears within seconds. With the blurry vision of the effect, she ended up cutting the skin from the edge of her thumb. That was when she confirmed that it was definitely evil.

The second time she saw the man was at a wedding.

Her older sister was getting married, and it appeared to be that the man was an old friend of her brother-in-law. They knew each other in high school, but it was very uncomfortable for Jiyoung to watch the man though. He looked socially awkward, and the way he greeted the newly wedded couple was very gawky.

Jiyoung shook her head at him, knowing he was a complete fool. Who would dare give their attention to a man like that?

That night, he suddenly came up to her, asking her to dance with him. She was going to reject him straight out, but one of her obnoxious friend pushed her into his arms, and he immediately dragged her to the dance floor.

“So do I know you?” he abruptly asked, slowly twirling her around with the music once they got into position.

“No.”

“Well, I've noticed you've got your eyes on me this whole day.”

Jiyoung stared at the ground, embarrassed that he had noticed her littlest action that day.

“I just thought your face was familiar. That was all,” she explained, coldly ignoring his stare.

“Haha,” he began laughing. “You remind me of an onion!”

“What?!”

She was no longer a kid, but what he said was starting to get to her. If she was like an onion, she was probably evil or at least evil-looking, and the last thing she wanted to be was evil. It was odd that she still believed that made-up content, even at that age of twenty.

The third time she saw the man was at a family medicine store.

She was getting a cold, and her mother explained that there was a very natural and cheap remedy made at the small medicine store downtown. She had decided to go out on her own to avoid having her mother work up to come with her, but that only lead her to exhaustion when she came upon the store, stumbling into that man whom she didn't even know the name to.

“Hello!” he said, putting down a tray

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter