Chapter Thirty-seven

Dreaming Polaris | stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: “Crush”
Date: 2014 May 22
Characters: Jiyoung & Jongkook, Jiyeon
Genre: Romance, fluff
Word: 953

 

I lay my head down on the long grass, the green and springy roughness encircling my legs as I rest my body in the serene, summer atmosphere.  Maybe it was just me who found this scenery to be relaxing, but nothing was ever better than the light blue sky illuminating itself in the sky, shining along with the radiant sun.

“There’s grass in your hair.”

I looked up to see a boy staring down at me, putting on a kind smile until those crescent lips suddenly opened largely and began laughing at me.

“And there’s an ant crawling up your arm.”

I immediately screamed, standing up in a rush as I tried to brush the ant off even though I had no clue where the frightening six-legged bug was.

I kept jumping, still scared if the insect was going to crawl up my sleeve at any moment until the boy started chuckling at me once more.

“What are you laughing at?  You think this is funny?” I retorted, brushing off dirt and grass from my now.

He was probably my age, tall and finely handsome with almond shaped eyes, thin lips, and a straight nose.

He grinned at me, abruptly reaching out his arm toward my head—making me jerk back a bit as my heart bounced—and pulling out a piece of grass from my hair.

“I was just lying about the ant,” he smoothly confessed, his soft voice suddenly echoing in my mind as I quickly took a step back and brushed my whole head to get rid of the grass bits.

“Who are you anyway?” I asked, recognizing his face but not quite knowing who he was.

“That’s a nice way to welcome me,” he commented, instantly continuing, “I’m Jongkook.”

I didn’t say anything, still brushing my hair when he spoke up in the atmosphere of sounds from the tumbling city traffic and the faint, traveling breeze.

“You’re Jiyoung, right?” he asked, putting on a lop-sided grin as I felt myself grow nervous.

This guy knew me?  It was almost awkward when I stopped rustling my fingers through my hair and stared at him with a straight face.

“Bye,” I quickly remarked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter