Chapter Thirty-five

Dreaming Polaris | stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: “Vivid Trickeries”
Date: 2013 December 21
Characters: Nicole & Yuhwan
Genre: Fantasy, tragedy, science fiction
Words: 1238

 

Nicole was known for being a magical toymaker, blessed with a merry enchantment, and in every toy that she made, they would miraculously turn to life by every intricate love she put into making them.  Not only did her dolls awaken into pleasant, respectful, conscious moving objects, but they were a popular, high-selling product.

Every Christmas, Nicole’s dolls would be gone in an uprising flash, and she was truly happy of this hard working achievement that she was able to accomplish annually.

She felt refreshed doing this good deed, making toys for children who could finally become friends with their toys for once without looking like fools for clinging too close to a childish attachment.  It was a perspective that she could change in people, and a movement that could no longer be similar to what it was in the past.

She had viewed the world positively with her window panes always wide open.  However, she had never realized that where there was good, there was also bad.

“Where do you think you’re taking me?!” Nicole anxiously and frighteningly questioned the masked man who was now carrying her on his shoulders and trying the best he could to shush her.

He was kidnapping her certainly well, not speaking a word to her whatsoever as he calmly walked out of her shop under the dark night.  Nicole had no clue on why this man was doing this, but she only focused on attempting to escape his arms and yell for help.  In the lonely night, not a single soul was out in the ghastly winter streets.  No matter how ear-shrieking Nicole’s voice was, no one was even there to hear her.

After throwing her into the back seats and managing to tie her up, he rushed to the driver’s seat and operated the broken vehicle away.

 

Nicole found herself tied up in a child’s room, seeing the abundant of colorful toys lying around the bed and the floor.  Airplanes were hanged up to the ceiling and rainbow blocks were neatly stacked up on top of one another.  She looked down at her hands, noticing metal rings around her wrists were chained to one of the bed’s leg.

She didn’t understand why this was happening to her; however, she tried all she could to stay calm.

Before she could even look up at the door, a cloak figure was already in the room, staring down at her with a smirk.

It was a handsome, young man wearing a magician-like outfit who seemed to be enjoying the odd scenery.

Nicole didn’t know for sure who he was, but she automatically assumed he was her kidnapper.

“What do you want with me?” she interrogated, trying to shake the chains onto the floor as much as possible in order to break it.

“No matter how hard you try, you won’t escape nor will anyone c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter