Chapter Eighteen

Dreaming Polaris | stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: “There for You”
Date: 2013 July 8
Characters: Jiyoon & Joon, Hyuna, Sunggyu
Genre: Angst, romance-ish
Words: 953

 

“Hyuna, I like Joon,” I told her one lunch time, casually munching on some fries when she came over to join me.

“R-really?” There was a slight pause before she continued, “I'm so happy for you, Jiyoon! You've got to win his heart, OK? Fighting!”

And like that, she fled and left me to sit by myself. If she wasn't going to join me, then why did she come over here in the first place?

I sighed. She was just acting like her usual self.

Hyuna was always so predictable. Even though she tried to hide her expressions, she was too readable to the point where it was annoying.

Since the first time we met Joon, it was so obvious that she liked him. She was always so cheerful around him, always laughed at his dumb jokes, and whenever he came by, she was always in a jolly mood.

But what if I liked him too?

After telling Hyuna about my feelings for him, she began leaving the two of us alone. It was almost as if she was avoiding me, because maybe she was scared if I found out that she liked the same man, I would be mad at her. Well, that was already done, but I wasn't mad.

“Hyuna, what's wrong?” I exclaimed when I caught up to her one time in the hallway.

“I-it's nothing! I've got to get to class, so you should go back to Joon!” she nervously replied back to me, and once more, she fled as fast as she could.

I've got to admit that I looked selfish for wanting to keep Joon for myself. But I felt like I was more suited for him, and Hyuna...was more suited for Sunggyu, our old friend.

“Hey, Jiyoon. What was that?” he asked me when he noticed how fast Hyuna ran from me.

“She's just been feeling down lately. I'm quite busy these days, so...make sure to watch her for me, alright? I've got to go to class,” I explained, scratching my head as if I was very irritated by her, and he hurriedly scrambled of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter