Chapter Seventeen

Dreaming Polaris | stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: “My Imagination, My Story”
Date: 2013 July 6
Characters: Junhyung & Hyomin
Inspiration: “Fiction” B2ST
Genre: Psychological, sci-fi, romance-ish
Words: 1016

 

Our story will not end.
I will bury the fact that reality is seeping into my skin for now.

In an amber wooden room in which the window shades covered the sun’s light, a glum man sat on his desk, dozed off in his work. Always falling into fiction, the man was constantly jotting down words in which created his own story.

“I’ll never be able to finish this,” he mumbled in anger as he picked up his pen again.

Locked and isolated away from the world, the man hid himself in his dark office filled with stacks and stacks of books from encyclopedias to unfinished stories that belonged to him. Strongly concentrated, he continued his story in which had always been so vivid to his eyes. It was something that had replaced his reality from long ago.

“Junhyung.”

He stared up from his story, seeing Hyomin stand before him. The room suddenly lit up and the sun glowed from the windows like automatic streetlights made for the night. As she walked to him, he couldn’t help but see that she was still so beautiful with her usual silky hair, dark irises, crimson lips and the slim body she always had.

“Hello there, Junhyung.”

“W-what had brought you here?” he asked, stuttering and feeling so jolly to finally see his love.

“I was wondering why you were sitting here all day. Can’t you come out with me?” she questioned, bringing her smooth fingers across his cheeks.

“No. I'm sorry, Hyomin. I’m very busy right now. I’ve got tons of stories to write. They’re all going to be big; magnificent!” He showed her an example of his work.

Suddenly, she disgustingly stared away from his book, not wanting to take a single glimpse at the thing.

“When will you stop? You're always writing, you know that? I can’t even take one stare at it,” she told him, getting a little heated. “When you finish one of your book, I will probably be gone....”

“B-but think about all of the profit I’ll make. We’ll live together, and we’ll be rich and happy!” he cried out as she turned to walk away.

“What you want isn't what I want. I'm sorry, Junhyung,” she said as she walked into a large white, glistening light in the corner of the room. Each footstep she took,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter