¶ One

Best (Boy) Friend?

 

The Lee Siblings;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "Can we go now?" - "Just because I'm a girl, huh?" - "She's my baby sister."

"Damn it Lee Hyukjae, the next time you don't wake your sister on time, you'll be grounded."

"But mom!"

"But mom nothing, I asked you to wake Jaera half an hour ago! Why is she only getting up now?"

"I don't know! Why don't you ask her?!"

"Lee Hyukjae, don't talk back to me li-"

"Oh my god, will you two just shut up? I'm awake and I'm ready for school. Can we go now?"

Mrs Lee sighed as she grabbed her keys and herded her two teenagers out to the car. No matter how many times she'd threatened to ground her son, every morning was always the same. At 6:30, she would tell Hyukjae to go wake his sister and yet, every morning without fail, Jaera would be getting up at 7 instead. "One of these days, you're going to be late and then you won't have a choice but to face the school's punishment." Glancing at each other in the rear view mirror, Hyukjae and Jaera rolled their eyes, "We know." The chorused monotonously, having heard the entire conversation before.

Mrs Lee sighed, as gave up on trying to scold her children as she continued driving. Every morning was like deja vu and yet none of them did anything to stop it. As the snuck glances at her son in the passenger seat, she noticed he was leaning against the window, with his headphones in and his eyes closed. Taking a peek in the rear view mirror, she could see Jaera with her head down with a book on her lap - reading intently with her headphones in. Smiling slightly, she couldn't help but think how lucky she really was, to have such sweet children. They never fought with each other and they got along perfectly.

"Mom! Hyuk messed with my music again!" "Did not!" "Did too!" "Did not!" "Did too!"

Well almost perfectly.

As the black mercedes rolled up to the front gates of Seoul Performing Arts, Jaera put away her book and leaned forward between the two seats, "Mom, I have basketball tryouts after school. Coach wants me to pick the new squad, so I'll be coming home with Amber." Hyukjae rolled his eyes and taunted, "I still don't know how you got to be basketball captain. Especially against Taecyeon and Chansung." Jaera snorted, "Why's that?" Hyukjae gave her a deadpanned look, "Why do you think?" She huffed in annoyance, "Just because I'm a girl, huh?" Her brother smiled innocently, "You said it."

He yelped as Jaera smacked the back of his head.

"That's enough, you two." Mrs Lee scolded, frowning at the siblings disapprovingly. The two looked at each other guiltily and apologised. "Now, Hyuk you have dance practise after school, don't you?" Mrs Lee asked, earning a nod from her son as Jaera grabbed her bag, "There's Yuri and Amber. I'll be going now. Bye mom, see you tonight." She gave her mother a quick kiss on the cheek as she jumped out of the backseat and headed over to two girls waiting by the gates.

Hyukjae watched after Jaera as she joined her two friends, "I don't know why you two fight so much when you clearly adore each other." Mrs Lee sighed, seeing a small smile creep onto her son's face, "Because," he said brightly, "She's my baby sister. It's no fun if I just protect her." His eyes softened as Jaera disappeared inside the school, "I'll be going now. I see Leeteuk and Sungmin." Mrs Lee nodded, Hyukjae planting a quick kiss on her cheek and vanishing out of the car.

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Hello~ Bonjour~ Annyeong~ Ni hao~ Konnichiwa~
This is just a sort of introductory chapter but I hope you like it.

Please let me know in le comments below~ ^^

 

( h a r l e q u i n. )