~ Come Back Again ~

Seductive Temptation

a/n: Hello dear readers :)

Here is our first update. *party* xD We hope you will like it and feel free to leave a comment. Because this is our first fanfiction written in English, we like to read your opinions and see if there is anything we can do better the next time. =D

 

Thank you for your comment cocorini :) We hope you like it :)

One last thing: I (FreakyVamp) write Jiwon's POV, Lacey-Sophie writes Minhyuk's POV :)

And now..... Have fun! ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jiwon's POV:

 

My parents had revealed to me that we would move. The moving was completely planned and we would finally pull away from Seoul the next day. But they had not asked if I wanted to. Of course, this fact led to a huge dispute. Because I definitely did not want to leave! I liked going to school here, had good grades, had a lot of friends with whom I got along very well and most of all I had Minhyuk always with me. Minhyuk was my best friend, had been since we get to know each other in kindergarten. Because I was older than him, I was already longer in kindergarten. On his first day in kindergarten, he was still a little shy and reserved. Nobody really wanted to do something with him and I was sorry for him. So I went up to him. "Hello, my name is Jiwon. And what's your name?", I asked him with a smile. "Hello Jiwon. My name Minhyuk.", he replied, grinning at me. "Let's play something together?", I asked to get to know him better. "Oh yes, I would like that very much." , beamed Minhyuk now and formally infected me with his cheerfulness. "Well, I'll show you our playground first.", I announced happily, pulling him slightly behind me.

From that day on we had been inseparable. Spent every free minute together. It turned out that Minhyuk had moved with his family into the house, right next to ours. I learned that Minhyuk was an only child and his parents were very nice. Even his character, I got to know better. It turned out that Minhyuk was a very openhearted person. He could make ne friends very easily, he was very popular in elementary school, he was happy, funny and had a very large protective instinct when it came to his family and friends. Although he was younger than I am, exactly two years, he always took very good care of me and I was very grateful to him. For his 8 years, he was very mature. He was always there for me when I needed him. If I was in a bad mood, then he took me in his arms and let me cry on his shoulder, and when I was fine, then we always spent super fun hours together. Minhyuk was dear to my heart, like no other man before. Besides my family.

 

Therefore our move made me sadder and anger mixed with the sadness. I did not just want to leave so easily. From Seoul to Washington. The other end of the world, something like that. But I did not want to move and certainly not so far away! I would never see Minhyuk again and this thought broke my heart. Of course I screamed that towards my parents, as they announced the news to me and everything degenerated into a quarrel.

But my parents did not care. They never liked Minhyuk really well and were also against our friendship. I had never understood what their problem was. Often there were fights between my parents and me, mostly because of my friendship with Minhyuk. I would never just move to Washington without Minhyuk knowing anything about it. That's why I had run away from home too. I did not listen to their words. Please forgive me for my naive behavior, but I was just 10 years old and wanted to put my head through, like my parents always did.

 

After some time of blind running, I arrived at my favorite park and came to a tree, where I had already spent many hours together with my best friend. Many times we were climbing up there and just sat for hours on the branches and talked about God and the world. Even now, I climbed up this tree and sat down on one of the thickest branches, leaning my back against the tree trunk. I let the tears stream down my face. Tears of sorrow, but also of anger.

How long I sat there, I did really not know. But time had surely passed, as it was now dark. The tears had dried and I looked around a little bit. "JiJi Noona.", I heard a voice calling to me and looked down, confused. Down the tree trunk was Minhyuk, who worriedly looked up to me. I slowly got up and carefully climbed down the tree. As soon as I was down, I was already embraced by my best friend. "Noona, why are you running away so easily? Your parents do worry about you.", he told me. "My parents should leave me alone!", I grumbled and reinforced our embrace. I would not let him go and his embrace gave me a little peace. "What have they done?", he wanted to know, as he my back. "We... We are going to move... Tomorrow morning already and I did not know anything!" Again the tears made their way to the surface. "But that's no reason to run away so easily.", he replied irritated. Outraged, I detached myself from his embrace. "Minhyuk, we will move to Washington! Do you know how far it is from here? I will never see you again.", I was with him and could not suppress the tears that ran down my cheek. "Oh JiJi. Do not worry though. You've got my address. We can always stay in touch through letters. But you need not to cry.", he assured me with a smile and gently away the tears. "Are you sure?", I asked hesitantly. But he nodded and took me, once again, in his embrace. "Do not worry.", he whispered now. His voice was very soothing to me.

 

About half an hour more we were in the park and talked about the future, before he walked me home. In front of our gate we came to the stand and looked at each other. Smiling, he took my hands in his. "Noona, promise me that you're okay. Do not let anybody get you down, all right?", he asked what made me laugh. "Sometimes I really think that you are the older out of the two of us. But do not worry, I'll take care of myself. You know me, I can defend myself.", I grinned. "That's good to know.", he grinned now. "Well, I should go in now...", I said sadly and took my hands out of his grasp. Just when I wanted to turn around and started to leave, he kept me by his side with one hand on my shoulder. "So you do not forget me.", he whispered in my ear before he put a necklace around my neck. Perplex I lowered my head and looked at the piece of jewelry. A silver necklace with a pendant on it. The pendant was in the form of two angel wings. I carefully touched the chain with my fingers. "I... Minhyuk... that's...", I stuttered. "This is the chain that my grandmother gave me. But I want that you keep it. So you'll never forget me.", he interrupted me and hugged me one last time from behind. I smiled slightly, because it really meant a lot to me to receive this gift. This chain was like a treasure for Minhyuk, because he loved his grandmother very much and this is the only thing he had of her. "You're the best friend one could ask for. No way, I will never let it happen that I will forget you.", I announced, and freed myself from the embrace. "See you again, Minhyuk.", I said with a slight smile, before I went into the house.

 

The emotional farewell was now 10 years ago. In 10 years a lot has happened. While I completed my schooling, my parents revealed to me that we had a special purpose. All these years I had not believed in fairy tales, but on my 13th birthday, I learned that vampires really exist. Vampires were very common and almost indistinguishable from humans. But they are a danger to us and therefore it is important that we hunters did a good job. My parents were vampire hunters and taught me their manual work. Now I had become a very good fighter and knew everything about vampires. I was not afraid of them, for my anxiety decreased after each job a little more until it had completely subsided.

Of course I had never forgotten my best friend in all the years. How could I, after my parents had disclosed that his parents were vampires and he would become a vampire when he had reached his 18th year, too. Of course it was hard for me to believe that my best friend would be a vampire. But it made sense now why my parents were always against our friendship. That tells me afterwards too, why he could be so mature at the tender age of just 8 years. Because just like my parents, his parents placed great emphasis on education.

 

Now, when I had just turned 20 years old and had settled well in Washington, my parents came up with the idea of going back to our old house to Seoul. Of course I did not understood their reasons at the beginning, before they told me of unusual incidents in Seoul. It was immediately clear to me that they had to do with vampires, which the evidence showed clearly. But a sinking feeling spread through my stomach because I immediately had to think of Minhyuk. What if he or his family had something to do with all this?

A week later it was already finished. We had finally arrived back in Seoul and had so far unpacked all the stuff and put them in their old place. The only thing that had changed was my old room. We had painted and refurbished it so that it no longer looked like the room of a 10-year-old, but like the room for a young woman my age. I was even happier that we had now done everything. It was now 2pm and I decided to move my legs a bit. "Umma, Appa? I'm out on a little walk. Ok?", I called out from the hallway, as I put on my shoes. "Where are you going, Sweety?", my mother asked solicitously. "Oh, I just wanted to see if anything has changed. Maybe get a cup of coffee. I'm back tonight, alright?", I said, smiling. "Alright, but watch out.", she said more seriously now. "Don't worry, Umma. I've learned to defend myself.", I winked before I put my keys and my wallet in my back pocket and left the house.

 

I quickly put my headphones in my ears and let music play on my phone. To be here again after all these years caused a sinking feeling in my stomach and nervousness rose in me. I looked at things differently now, and the world as I once knew was turned up side down. But the questions that occupied me most right now were...

What was with Minhyuk?

Was he still here?

Had he changed a lot?

How did his life go in the past 10 years?

 

Without really realizing to get there, I had already arrived in the city. I looked around briefly, before I decided to go to a cafe and to relax a little there. That's why I entered it after a few steps, the Sunshine Cafe. With quick steps I had already arrived at the sales counter and studied the offer. After some back and forth I decided on a latte and a muffin. After I ordered my request, I paid for my order and sat down at one of the free tables. The table was right by the window, so I had the perfect view. While I waited for my order, I let my eyes wander around the café. The café was well attended and people of different ages were represented. Young couples, workers, students and retirees also were represented. A slight smile graced my lips as I watched a small family.

 

When I thanked the waitress who brought me my order, suddenly the bell rang at the Café. Curious, I looked at the door to pattern the new customers. But I should not have done that. Four young men walked into the café. But only one men was it that stole my attention. Even after 10 years, I could say that it was him for sure. Minhyuk had not changed. Minhyuk had grown, apparently he was bigger than me. His hair was black as night, a little longer and covered his forehead. His almond-shaped eyes sparkled in a rich brown, his cute button nose and his soft looking skin. His muscular body and his merry way he joked around with his friends... He had really grown into an attractive man.

An eternity, I stared at my best friend before I turned away myself from him. Minhyuk was still living here. But I was not yet in a position to talk to him. That's why I ate my muffin and drank my latte faster than I would have done otherwise. I wanted to keep the risk that Minhyuk spotted me as low as possible. Therefore I hurried and left the cafe, but I immediately noticed that someone was watching me. This is why I made a haste to get away from there.

 

I strolled through downtown a little, looked at some shops and summer fashion. But soon it became boring to me. Since the sun was shining and a pleasant breeze swept through the city, I decided to let the day end in the park a bit. Full of anticipation, I made myself on the way to the park, where I had spent a lot of time already.

A 10 minute walk lay behind me, before I had reached the park. As I walked through the park, watching the other visitors. The park was very busy because everyone took advantage of the good weather. Everywhere you looked people had spread out blankets and picnicked there. But I was interested in only one place. Therefore I hurried a little and skillfully climbed up the old tree. As before, I sat down on the thickest branch, leaning my back against the trunk. Again I heard music and hummed softly. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sun rays hit my skin, tamed by the dense canopy.

 

The feeling of being watched became stronger every second. I did not like it at all, if one was watching me. Immediately the alarm bells rang in my head and I had to be aware of the situation. Of course the one who watched me, should see nothing of it. As unobtrusive as possible, I ran my hand in my pocket and turned my phone on silent. I let my eyes closed. Once the music was no longer heard, I focused on the nearby sounds. You could guess from far away the laughter of little children, but also in my immediate environment there is something going on. The rustling of leaves, and I realized my eyes narrowed a little. My stalker should not known that I had caught him and he no longer had the element of surprise. Everything what I still was waiting for was the perfect moment.

As soon as I felt that the stranger was in reach, I opened my eyes and put my body into action. Almost automatically I pressed myself off of the trunk and let me fall forward. I had my arms outstretched and pinned down the arms of my opponent immediately. A few seconds passed before my presumed attacker lay on his back on the branch. I sat there on him, his arms above his head and made him unable to move with my body. Slightly annoyed, I looked into the face in front of me and stared straight into a pair of astonished eyes. Eyes that I knew so well. "Minhyuk ...", was all I thought.

 

Because of the shock that we were both in equally, we were too distracted and did not pay attention to our balance, so we slipped off the branch. This time, my reflexes were not good enough, which is why I felt the hard ground under my back shortly after. Thankfully the earth was not too far away, otherwise it would have ended badly.

A brief pain shot through me, as something heavy landed on me, so I shut my eyes tightly. "Ouch...", I heard a man's voice, so I slowly opened my eyes again. Immediately I saw the pretty face of my former best friend. I remained silent and just watched his every move. In a short time, he gathered his thoughts before he looked down at me. Our eyes met, and it seemed impossible to look away.

 

"Jiwon ...", he murmured as he looked at me. I swallowed hard, before I pushed him off of me and stood up immediately. Shortly I wiped the mud off my jeans and my shirt before I looked at Minhyuk once again, who was also already risen again. From head to toe and back up he looked me over. It did not escape me, how his gaze layed on my neck and that was what prompted me to look down myself. The chain, which he had given me at the time, had come to light, so I hid it hastily under my shirt.

"You've changed quite a lot, in all these years.", he gave me to understand. "Now is it a compliment or a bad rating, Minhyuk?", I asked skeptically. "I do not quite know myself.", he said honestly and I crossed my arms over my chest. I really did not want him to be here and ask me what he wants to know. I was not ready. Minhyuk was such a nice person and would not do anything to anybody, right? But my parents were never wrong and they claimed that Minhyuk was a vampire. But Minhyuk was different than all the other vampires, I had met. He did not seem to be bloodthirsty and easily attack strangers. The silence between us was really uncomfortable for me and I just wanted to get away. So I turned around and immediately wanted to walk home. But before I could take a step, Minhyuk held me by the wrist. I knew he wanted to make a statement. But what should I tell him?