32. Minho's Real Condition

My HatefulBoyfriend

The girls entered the class one by one until there were seven of them. Only Seohyun and Taeyeon were still nowhere to be seen. It’s really rare to see Seohyun came this late though right now, it was still not late but she usually came early to the school.

“Where is Taeyeon?” Sooyoung whose seat behind Taeyeon’s, asked Tiffany who was Taeyeon’s seatmate.

“I don’t know. She still doesn’t come yet.” Tiffany replied while looking around, looking for any trace of Taeyeon’s appearance. “And, even our maknae…”

“That’s right. They usually come together.” Sunny added. Since Taeyeon and Seohyun’s house were close, they took the bus from the same bus stop.

As they were still talking about them, finally Seohyun made her appearance.

“Oh, Seohyun-ah, you finally come!” Yuri exclaimed after seeing her entering the class. Seohyun approached the girls and took her seat.

“You’re quite late today.” Yoona added while smiling. “Where is Taeyeon? Doesn’t she come with you?”

“Oh, Taeyeon unnie said she can’t come today to school. I was waiting for her before she called that she had fever.”

“Oh, really?” the girls looked quite worried after finding out Taeyeon fell sick.

“She just fell sick naturally, isn’t it?” Hyoyeon asked. The girls looked at Hyoyeon like she had said something wrong. “I… I mean, she just fell sick like other normal person, not because a reason, right? She had forgotten everything about the past, isn’t it?”

“I’m not sure too. I hope so.” Tiffany answered. “Well, she didn’t talk anymore about that for a long time already.” She looked hesitant before continuing, “You guys know her personality… she tends to hide everything inside.”

“What?! What happened?! Taeyeon is sick?!” Wooyoung appeared out of nowhere behind Tiffany.

“Argh! Yah, you shocked me! Where did you come from?!” Tiffany slightly raised her voice as she was too shocked by his appearance.

“But, is that the truth?! Taeyeon is sick?!” Wooyoung asked as his face showed obviously how worried he was about her.

“Yes...” Tiffany nodded hesitantly as she was still shocked especially when Wooyoung gave such an intense reaction towards that news. “Why?”

“How is she now? Is her condition is that bad?” Wooyoung asked.

Seohyun answered, “I still don’t visit unnie yet but unnie said she was okay but she still feels too weak to go to school.”

“Oh, really?” Wooyoung seemed still not being at ease until he could confirm himself that Taeyeon was really okay.

“We decide to pay a visit to her after school today. Do you want to come with us?” Jessica suggested after seeing Wooyoung’s reaction.

“Can I?” He looked quite shocked.

“Of course.” Tiffany replied. “I bet you can’t be at ease until you see her, right?” Wooyoung grinned awkwardly.

---------

The girls and Wooyoung went to Taeyeon’s house as they decided to see her condition. Seohyun pressed the bell a few times before a girl with messy hair and without any make up on opening the door. She seemed like she still didn’t take a bath for that day. However, she still looked pretty despite that condition and bare faced.

“You guys are here?” Taeyeon whose face was already pale, seemed worse with her messy hair. She looked indeed weak. As her eyes moved, she spotted Wooyoung among the girls. Her eyes went bigger.

Jessica replied after seeing Taeyeon was looking at Wooyoung. “Oh, he is very worried about you, so we decide to ask him to see you too.”

“Hi.” Wooyoung gave a stiff smile as he felt awkward and Taeyeon’s expression didn’t seem good.

All of a sudden, Taeyeon closed the door leaving the girls and Wooyoung outside. They looked very shocked.

“Did I do something wrong?” Wooyoung asked in confusion and worry.

“Well… we’re not sure too…” Sunny also looked confused with Taeyeon’s weird behavior. “Taeyeon-ah, Taeyeon! Open the door!” Sunny knocked the door a few times but there was no reply.

“Don’t you think Taeyeon just want to look good in front of Wooyoung?” Tiffany suggested the reason about Taeyeon’s weird behavior.

“Huh?” The girls and Wooyoung paid their attention to Tiffany.

“Her hair is messy and she is bare faced, right? Even her cloth is a bit…” Tiffany paused thinking the suitable word to describe. “I mean, she can’t appear like that in front of a guy, isn’t it?”

Though they still looked confused and didn’t get what Tiffany was saying, their attention turned back towards the door after Taeyeon finally opened the door again. This time, she looked completely different, she applied a bit make-up and she fixed her hair with a new cloth on except she still looked pale and weak as before.

The girls finally smiled after understanding what Tiffany said as she was indeed right. Taeyeon wanted to look good in front of Wooyoung which they all were happy about. They hoped with that development, Taeyeon could forget completely about her past.

“Oh, Taeyeon-ah, I thought you are angry or something.” Yoona said.

“No, I’m not.” Taeyeon shook her head while smiling. “Please come in.”

They entered Taeyeon’s house which looked a moderate suitable home for her. It had been two years since she lived there alone after transferring from the school at her hometown. She wanted to start a new life after painful past but she was very thankful to meet eight wonderful friends who had helped her a lot.

“Are you really okay now?” Tiffany touched Taeyeon’s forehead to check her condition. “It’s still hot.” Tiffany said in shock.

“Actually, I’m better today than yesterday.”

“Is that bad? Your body is still hot right now.” Yuri added in worry.

“Unnie, why don’t you tell me?!” Seohyun asked in a bit anger since Taeyeon was so stubborn. “I would have come to your house.” Seohyun’s house was quite near to Taeyeon’s house that sometimes Taeyeon would spend some nights at her house. So, there wouldn’t be problem for Seohyun to come to Taeyeon in case there was emergency like last night.

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon smiled apologetically. “I thought I would be better today.”

“You’re staying here alone, aren’t you? What if you faint? Next time don’t do that again, ok?” Wooyoung looked at Taeyeon with concerned face.

“Y… yes…” Taeyeon seemed still nervous and awkward to talk to Wooyoung because she felt too embarrassed to appear before him in not pretty condition.

“See, how worried he is?” Sunny purposely asked just to make some sparks between Wooyoung and Taeyeon.

“Huh?” Taeyeon and Wooyoung looked at Sunny in embarrassment.

The girls just smiled happily. They really hoped Taeyeon could meet the right guy to enable herself to escape from her past and Wooyoung seemed the best choice.

“Taeyeon, I’m just asking.” Hyoyeon asked carefully, trying not to reopen the old wound in Taeyeon’s heart. “Just in case, I said just in case… is your getting sick is because of him? Are you still not able to forget your past?”

“What?” Taeyeon looked quite shocked with Hyoyeon’s unexpected question. She looked quite hesitant before answering, “Of course not, I didn’t think about him at all. I have thrown about that thing from my heart completely long long~ ago. Don’t worry, ok?”

“What are you guys talking about?” Wooyoung was the only one who was clueless about Taeyeon’s past.

Taeyeon still looked confused and hesitant to tell everything about the side that she didn’t want to show to others including Wooyoung. Tiffany was aware of Taeyeon’s expression that she decide to change the topic. She was sure if Taeyeon was willing to share it to Wooyoung, she herself would tell him later once they got closer. Now, she just could lend her hand to make Wooyoung and Taeyeon became closer.

Tiffany added before Wooyoung could ask more, “Now, Taeyeon, we’ll go first since Wooyoung wants to take care you.”

Wooyoung looked so shocked after hearing what Tiffany said. “When did I…?”

Tiffany grabbed Wooyoung hand while giving shut-up-I’m-giving-a-chance-to-you expression to him. He understood later. “Then, we’re leaving first.”

“Ok.”

The girls got up and left Taeyeon alone with Wooyoung in her house. As expected, the atmosphere became quite awkward after the girls left. They both stole a glance at each other and when their eyes met, they would chuckle to each other.

“It’s quite awkward.” Wooyoung added while chuckling. Taeyeon nodded and gave a smile. “Then… have you eaten?”

“Not yet.”

“Really? Then, what did you eat for breakfast?” Taeyeon just smiled. “Not even breakfast?!” Wooyoung asked in disbelief.

“Yes, I don’t feel like eating.”

“How can you do it like that? You have to eat to get recovered faster. Then, do you want to eat now? I’ll make something for you now.”

“Can you cook?”

“Of course. I live alone too. So I must be good at cooking. Then, I’ll make you a porridge.”

“Alright.” Taeyeon agreed.

“While I go cooking, why don’t you take rest at the meantime?”

“It’s okay. I’ll just wait here.” Wooyoung was just about to say something to protest her but she immediately added, “Alright, I’ll rest in my room, satisfied now?” She got up and headed to her room while saying, “You really like to nag, like a grandma!”

“What did you say?!” Wooyoung asked in shock which Taeyeon left behind a laughter before entering her room. “Ceh!” He let out a chuckle.

------------

After finishing cooking the porridge, Wooyoung brought along a bowl of porridge in his hand while going to Taeyeon’s room. He knocked the door. “Can I enter? Or, do you want to eat outside?”

“Just come in.” Taeyeon gave permission to Wooyoung to enter her room which showed that he was indeed special to her and they had become closer.

“Really?” He didn’t expect that she just gave her permission easily.

“Yes, come in.”

Wooyoung twisted the knob of the door and he pulled it. He saw Taeyeon was lying down on the bed and she was getting up slowly. “Can I really come in?” He asked hesitantly.

“Yes, come here.” Taeyeon asked him to sit at a chair beside her bed. He did like she asked him. “Why are you afraid?”

“I have to be careful.” He grinned awkwardly.

“Why?”

“You’re precious.” He didn’t know how that word came out from his mouth but it just did. Taeyeon’s expression slightly changed, of course not in a bad way. “I… I mean… do you remember when we were at the library before?” Taeyeon nodded. “When I said you look pretty when focusing something, you did get annoyed, don’t you?”

Taeyeon finally understood why he was being too cautious of anything when he was around her. “That’s because… you reminded me of someone.”

“Huh? Who?”

“Someone who hurt me deeply.” Taeyeon immediately changed the topic. She still seemed didn’t be ready to talk about that. “Anyways, I don’t be angry at you at time. So, I’m sorry that I have made you have such a thought.”

“No, no. Why do you feel sorry? It’s not your fault. It’s that person’s fault! That person… who hurt you.” He tried to make her feel better.

She smiled. “Then, to show that you have forgiven me, can you do me a request?”

“A request? What is it?”

“Can we become best friends?”

“Best friends?! Really?!” Wooyoung asked in disbelief as he was too happy to become closer to her. She nodded while beaming at him. He hugged her tightly unconsciously as he was too happy. “Thank you so much, thank you so much…”

“Oh?” She looked very shocked.

His smile disappeared from his face as he realized what he was doing. “I’m sorry!” He immediately let her go. “I’m really sorry.”

“I… it’s… it’s okay…” She replied while giving an awkward smile. Suddenly, the atmosphere turned awkward. Both of them looked very embarrassed to each other.

Wooyoung talked to change the awkward atmosphere. “Then, you can’t deny to me later. We really become best friends?”

“Yes~” They sealed the promise by their pinky finger.

----------

Hyoyeon just finished her part-time job for today but she was still not going home. She sat on the bench as it seemed like she was waiting for someone. Her eyes were only at a shop which not the shop that she worked for.

She kept waiting until her face brightened up when she saw a guy walking out from the shop that she was observing for. She got up and started following the guy, no other than Junho. Actually, she was waiting for Junho to finish his part-time job which was the only reason that she decided to do a part-time job especially when she could see him every day.

She followed him but later she stopped walking. “What the heck I’m doing right now?! Aish!” She knocked her own head as she felt like a stalker. “Now I have seen him, I should go now.”

Hyoyeon turned around and went to the way to her house. As she took a few steps, she stopped again after seeing a pair of legs in front of him. She wondered who was blocking her way right now. She lifted her head up while asking, “What are you…?”Her eyes went bigger after seeing that person’s face. She looked in disbelief.

“Hi!” That person greeted her cheerfully.

She took a look behind to confirm that she just saw Junho going the opposite way from her way but he was indeed not there anymore. She looked at him who was standing in front of her right now.

“Why?” He asked while smiling.

“How… how can you be here? I just saw you…”

“I can’t be here?”

“That… that doesn’t what I mean…” She gave a stiff smile.

“I think someone followed me and she was looking for me. That’s why, right now, I’m standing in front of her.” He said every word calmly.

“What?!” She asked in shock. He already knew that she was following him before. ‘What should I do?’ She thought while scratching her head.

“You are looking for me, that’s why I’m here. But, why are you not calling me?”

“Oh? Hm…” She was speechless how did he find out and now, he demanded the answer.

He chuckled. “Let’s go.”

“Where?”

“Aren’t you on the way to go home? Let’s go. I’ll send you home.” He gave a sincere smile.

“R… really?!” She asked in excitement. He started walking first which she followed him later while grinning widely.

-----------

In the Yoonyul’s villa, the condition was quite silent as both of Yuri and Yoona were spending their free time for their revision as they should use free time to study since they had to do many activities for shooting the show on other time.

“Ah~” Yuri shouted in satisfaction while spreading her arms. “I got really sleepy after doing our revision as it has been a long time since we have last done.” She yawned. Yoona just replied her with a smile. “How’s your body now? Have you been completely recovered?”

“Ok, I’m completely fine.” Yoona replied.

Yuri got up and went into the kitchen. She came back later with two glasses filled with orange juices. “Here.” She gave one of it to Yoona and drank another one to get rid of her sleepiness.

“Thanks.” Yoona drank it too.

“Yoona-yah, have you told your mom about you and Nickhun?”

“Not yet but I’m sure she already knew.” Yoona replied referring to Leeteuk. “Then, how about you? Siwon is okay with Minho?”

“I don’t tell him yet.” Yuri added hesitantly, “Honestly, I am worried.”

“Why?”

“We can see that my oppa is not too fond of him.”

“I don’t think you should be worried. I’m sure Siwon only think about you because you are her sister. Besides, you can see properly how Leeteuk oppa had been so protective towards me and I’m sure that the same way with Siwon except my oppa was too over. Plus, he must be worried for you since he could see Minho didn’t treat you well before.”

“I hope that’s the only reason.”

“I’m sure he will accept your relationship with Minho if you explain properly how Minho had changed.”

As they were talking, Nickhun came to them. “Hi, girls!”

Yoona looked so happy to see him. “Oh, you come.” She said happily while asking him to sit beside her.

“Minho didn’t come along with you?” Yuri asked after a moment as she still didn’t see Minho.

“He is in his room. I think he is resting right now, maybe sleeping.”

“Why? He’s unwell?” Yuri looked so concerned.

“Don’t worry, he just feels tired since his schedule was very packed yesterday.”

“How about you? You have a lot of free time yesterday?” Yoona asked to .

“What are you talking about? I’m popular too, you know.” Nickhun said confidently. Yoona just laughed after seeing his cute reaction. “How is your body? Are you okay now?” He touched her forehead.

“Yes, my fever has completely gone.”

“That’s a relief then,” He smiled while staring lovingly at her. “I’m really hurt.”

“Hurt? Why? Why do you feel hurt when I’m the one who was sick?” Yoona asked while chuckling.

“You don’t know how hurt my heart is when looking you sick. It would be much better if I can be sick instead of you but I just have to see you being sick.”

“Yah~ you guys are not alone!” Yuri finally said while slightly raising her voice after she had tried her best to stay quiet as Nickhun was being mushy.

“Alright, alright, you can continue your revision.” Nickhun replied while laughing. Yoona just smiled bashfully.

-----------

Since Minho was resting in his room, Yuri thought she was the one should go to him to give him energy. She went into his room after there was no reply even she had knocked the door for a few times. She could see he was indeed sleeping on his bed.

She came closer and took a seat at the side of his bed. She smiled seeing his cute face when sleeping despite his tiredness. Suddenly, she could see a frown on his face. She stared at him intensely to check if there was something wrong.

His frown became more obvious and his expression had shown that he looked scared of something. Did he have a nightmare? This situation reminded her of the incident he got nightmare when he slept at Yoonyul’s villa and he even hugged her before like that dream was really happening and that dream also affected him a lot as he still looked scared and depressed even after waking up.

As she stared at him worry, he suddenly got awake as his breath was indeed quick. “Are you okay?” She asked him.

He realized of her presence and looked quite relieved when he saw her. “Hm…” He got up to sit properly on his bed.

“What happened?” She now could even see his face was covered by sweat. “You have a nightmare?” She touched his cheek while looking worriedly at him.

“Huh? N… not…” He replied hesitantly as he shook his head.

“Really?” She could see that he was obviously lying. “Then, why are you being like this?”

“What… what do you mean? I’m just… okay.”

“Don’t tell me… are you having the same dream when you hugged me before when you slept at my villa?”

“What are you talking about? I’m just fine. I don’t have any nightmare.” He still insisted to avoid talking about that.

“You’re lying.” Yuri couldn’t stand to see him being like that. She was sure that nightmare had bothering him since he was little and somehow, it had affected his life too. She wanted to help him. “Now, look into my eyes and said that what you said just now are not lies.” She cupped his face to make he looked directly at her.

He looked quite shocked and didn’t have other choice, looking at her. She was waiting for him to tell the truth.