25. The Best Present

My HatefulBoyfriend

“T… Ti… Tiffany…” Yuri looked quite shocked because from Tiffany’s expression, she could read that Tiffany was misunderstanding about her and Siwon.

“I… I’m sorry…” Tiffany sounded y like she was holding her real feelings. She quickly picked up all her books on the ground.

Yuri tried to explain. “Tiffany, this is not what you think…”

Tiffany didn’t give any chance for Yuri to explain. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb...” She walked away hurriedly.

“Tiffany! Where are you going?! Tiffany! Fany-ah!” Yuri kept calling for her and she knew Tiffany just ignored her and not because she couldn’t hear her voice.

“Why? What’s happening? I don’t understand.” Siwon looked at Yuri in confusion. “Are you guys arguing?”

“Oppa, tell me the truth!” Yuri pointed to Siwon seriously and from her expression, she felt quite anxious.

“Yes… yes… sure but what is it?”

“Oppa, don’t you have even a little feeling towards Tiffany?” Yuri asked with full of hope.

“Huh?” Siwon looked quite shocked as honestly, he was embarrassed to admit about it. “H… how did you know?”

“Oh?! Oppa really likes Tifany?!” Yuri asked in excitement.

“Y… yes…” Siwon rubbed his neck while smiling shyly.

Yuri jumped into Siwon’s embrace and hugged him tightly. “Oppa! Thanks! Really thank you so much! You really made me feel relieved!”

“Anyways, why?” Siwon still looked confused.

Yuri let him go. “Tiffany has liked you for long! What made me feel very worried that she suspected you like me.”

“What? I like you?”

“Y… yes…” Yuri chuckled since she found it was so strange after finding out their real relationship. “Even I and everyone else thought the same thing.”

Siwon smiled. “It’s because I treat you nicely?”

“Y… yes…” She smiled. “Oppa, what are you doing here again?” She asked after for a while, Siwon didn’t show any sign that he was going to do something about him and Tiffany.

“Why?”

“About Tiffany! You must tell her the truth! She is misunderstanding about us! That’s why she just walked away before! Hurry up! Chase after her!”

“Alright!” Siwon walked away hurriedly in order to look for Tiffany. Yuri just looked at Siwon who was walking away while smiling widely. Today was the wonderful day in her life. Knowing the fact that she still has family made her feel so happy. So, she could depend on someone from now on. Besides, her problem with Tiffany also would be solved soon and what made her become happier was that Tiffany might be her sister in-law! She couldn’t stop smiling thinking all the good things that had happened to her today.

She started walking and just then, she felt the pain on her knee. “Ouch! This is the only bad thing today.” She laughed after that. “Who cares? This is just a small matter!” She added excitedly. She was too happy right now to be angry or sad about the wound on her knee.

----------------

“Yuri-ah, where have you been?!” Yoona immediately scolded Yuri like a mother once she saw her approaching. “And, what happened to your leg?!”

“Wait, wait, wait. Let me rest for a while.” Yuri took a seat beside Yoona and leaned on her. She hove a relief sigh. “Anyways, where are the others? Did they have gone to the class?”

“Yes. I was waiting for you here. Don’t you meet with Tiffany?”

“Tiffany? Oh, yes. I met her.”

“So?” Yoona found it was very strange Yuri didn’t come back with Tiffany if they did meet each other.

“She ran away.” Yuri said while smiling, thinking what might Tiffany do with Siwon now.

“WHAT?!” Yoona asked in disbelief. She turned around to get the explanation what Yuri really meant.

Yoona’s movement had caused Yuri who was leaning on her, lost her balance and almost fell from the chair. “Argh!” Yoona immediately held her tightly. “Yah! Im Yoona!”

“I’m sorry.” Yoona grinned apologetically. “Anyways, what are you talking about actually? I don’t understand.”

“She ran away.” Yuri repeated though she knew that’s not the answer that Yoona wanted.

“Yes, I heard it clearly~ but, what do you mean by that?! That doesn’t make any sense, okay?”

Yuri rested one of her arm on Yoona’s shoulder. “After she saw me and my oppa, she just ran away.”

“W… wh… who?! Oppa?! Which oppa are you talking about?! My oppa, Leeteuk?!”

“Nope, my oppa.” Yuri smiled widely. She was so happy to declare someone as her family.

“Yah! Kwon Yuri! Are you playing jokes with me?!” Yoona suddenly burst into mad because Yuri kept talking to her with unclear way. Before, she was joking around about Tiffany and now about her brother?!

“Siwon is my brother!” Yuri said happily.

“What?! Are you serious?!”

“Yes, I can’t be more serious that this!”

“But… why? I mean… how can that be?” Yoona looked very confused to believe what Yuri just said.

“This…” Yuri showed the necklace that she was wearing right now. “The necklace that my parents gave… he’s wearing it too. And, you know what? His necklace is actually another part of my necklace! Did you remember how much we have tried to find out what the meaning of the symbol of my necklace?” Yoona just nodded, listening attentively to Yuri’s explanation. “Actually, it’s not the symbol! It’s our names! My name and Siwon’s name! When my necklace and Siwon’s necklace were combined, it formed the initial of our names, YR and SW! It’s fascinating, isn’t?!”

Yoona was speechless. She just could smile happily, being happy for her best friend for finding her family.

“It answered everything, isn’t? Why is Siwon being nice to me? All of us guessed that he likes me.” Honestly, that made her laughed. “But from the start, he always looked at me, smiled to me, looked after me because he knew I’m his sister!” She said excitedly.

“I’m really happy for you!” Yoona hugged Yuri tightly.

“Thanks!”

“Wait!” She suddenly let Yuri go. “How about Tiffany? I still don’t get it.”

“She saw me and Siwon and ran away. I think she’s misunderstanding about us. But, no worry because she may be my sister-in-law!”

“Sister-in-law? Who are you talking about?”

“Tiffany of course. Siwon likes her too, he admitted it to me. Right now, maybe these two are confirming their love to each other.” Yuri laughed in happiness.

“Wow, that’s really great!”

“There’s no day are happier than today! All the happy news… ah, yes! Except this one.” She referred to the wound on her knee. “Anyways, it’s not a big deal.” She kept smiling widely.

“You still don’t answer my question regarding your leg.” Yoona said seriously as she was still worried about how suddenly Yuri could get that wound.

“These fans really… they thought I and Minho have a relationship like… anyways, you can guess, right?” Yuri seemed quite awkward to talk about it.

“But, are you really okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine. It’s just a small wound.” Yuri beamed at her. “But, I’ve to admit that it really hurts.” She grinned. “Oh! Oppa!” She suddenly exclaimed once she saw Siwon was approaching them.

Siwon looked quite shocked hearing Yuri called him oppa in front of Yoona. He took a look at Yoona. Yoona gave a nod while smiling, notifying that she already knew about it. Siwon smiled to her back.

“Why, oppa? Where’s Tiffany?”

“I didn’t find her. I also tried to find her at the class but she is not there.”

“Where the heck did she go?”

------------

Tiffany was washing her face in toilet. Facing the mirror, she looked at herself angrily. “Yah! Stephanie Hwang Miyoung! You are really a fool! Get a hold of yourself!” She was very angry and sad right now. No matter how hard she tried to hold her tears, it still flowed easily to her cheeks.

She bowed her head, staring in anger at the sinks. She was very very angry right now at Yuri. She reminded herself that Yuri was her best friends but she still couldn’t control her anger because what made her felt angry was that she had been pretending that there was nothing between her and Siwon and Yuri even gave hope to her. She really felt like a fool to believe in her.

“Fany-ah… why are you so stupid?” She talked to herself while heaving a deep sigh. She slowly lifted her head up, facing the mirror. “ARGH!”

There was another person in the mirror and she was smiling towards Tiffany. “Hi!” Yuri greeted her from behind, looking at the mirror where Tiffany’s widened eyes were at.

“You… what the!” Tiffany turned around. “You really started me!” She hit Yuri’s arm lightly.

Yuri just grinned. “What are you doing here? I’ve been looking for you.”

Tiffany’s expression changed and she became silent. Seeing Yuri’s face reminded her about what had caused her to cry. “I think I better go first.” She was about to walk but got stopped by Yuri.

“Wait.”

“Yuri-ah, can you leave me alone?” She asked nicely, trying not to sound angry but it was still obvious.

“Why? Are you angry at me?”

Tiffany avoided her question. “I don’t feel like talking to anyone now. So, please?” She tried to take off Yuri’s hand softly.

However, Yuri tightened up her hold on Tiffany’s arm. “It’s because of Siwon, isn’t? Listen here, there’s nothing between…”

“You don’t have to explain anything. It doesn’t concern to me. Please let me go.” This time, she flung off Yuri’s hand since her hold was just too tight.

Yuri almost fell because she didn’t stand properly due to her wound on her knee. “Argh!”

Seeing how Yuri almost fell, Tiffany hurried to her and supported her. “Why? I didn’t even push too hard but you…” She was just aware of Yuri’s wound. “Oh?! What happened to your knee?!” She asked in anxiousness. Yuri stared at Tiffany while smiling. “Huh? Are you really okay?”

“You are still care for me.” Yuri smiled widely.

Tiffany changed her worried expression to serious face. “Nevertheless, you are still my friend.”

Yuri chuckled. “Anyways, don’t worry about me. It’s just a small wound. What important right now is Siwon wants to see you.”

“Why?”

“You will find it out soon.”

“But, I…”

“What are you waiting for? I swear there’s really nothing between us. I bet you will be very happy after talking to him. He has an important thing to talk about.” Tiffany was silent, being hesitant what she should do. “Hurry up, there’s only 10 minutes before the recess time end. Hurry up! You’ll regret if you don’t meet him right now.”

------------

Tiffany immediately ran to the lake where Yuri told her Siwon was waiting for. She looked around and saw Siwon was standing under the shady tree. He looked quite worried. However, once he saw her, a smile immediately appeared on his face.

She didn’t reply his smile and just approached him hesitantly. She couldn’t deny she was mad at him too though she knew it was not his fault. “Y… Yuri said that you want to see me.”

“Ah, y… yes… Let’s sit.” He pointed to the bench behind them. He looked quite nervous.

At the same time, Yuri was also there, observing what they were doing. She wanted to confirm that the misunderstanding of Tiffany must be ended before they went to the class back. Siwon was aware of Yuri’s presence when he coincidentally looked at her. Yuri showed a ‘fighting!’ sign to encourage him. He replied with a nod and smile.

“What is it? What do you want to talk about?” Tiffany avoided his gaze and just stared at the lake blankly.

“Huh?” Honestly, his mind was blank right now. He really didn’t know how to confess to her. His heartbeats became faster. “Well, I…” He became silent back after couldn’t find words.

Yuri looked quite frustrated by just looking at them. “Oppa, say something!” She mouthed while observing them seriously.

“Do you really have something to tell me?” Still avoiding his gaze, she asked again.

“Y… yes… I really want to say something to you… but…” He became silent again. This time, he looked at Yuri, asking for her help. He was really inexperienced when it came to love. “Help me!” He mouthed to Yuri.

“Just say something! Tell her you like her! Confess your feelings!” Yuri mouthed to him back and even used body language to make him understand what she was talking about.

“I can’t talk. My heart is…” Siwon enacted how his heart would look if it could be seen.

Yuri laughed as she found it’s really funny. She was really happy to know that his brother had this side of him especially when he’s always being so serious. “Then, kiss! Just kiss her!” She mouthed. She thought it was the best choice right now. It won’t need any words and managed to explain everything about Siwon’s feelings.

Siwon looked really shocked. Though he found it was really strange to do that, however, he didn’t have any choice except to do what was asked by her sister. He hove a deep sigh to muster up all his courage.

This time Tiffany couldn’t stand to wait anymore and she turned her head towards Siwon. With Tiffany’s eyes on him, he became more nervous. “You are killing me with curiosity. Do you really have something to say…”

He cupped her face and gave a gentle kiss on her lips. Tiffany’s eyes went bigger. Yuri jumped in happiness. She thought it was really okay to leave both of them alone now. She walked to the class back while smiling widely.

Siwon moved away and looked at Tiffany whose eyes were still bigger. She looked extremely shocked like she just had found a ghost. “Wh…” She unconsciously moved her body backward which caused her to almost fall since she had sat at the side of the bench. “Argh!”

He immediately held her hand and pulled her closer to him. “Are you okay?”

“B… but… w… why?” She kept stuttering.

He held both of her hands and stared at her lovingly. Honestly, he felt like gaining more courage. He became more relaxed and confident to explain to her. “Actually, that’s what I have been wanting to say to you.”

“Wh… what? What have you said to me?” She looked confused this time.

“Well…” He smiled shyly. “Kiss…”

“K… k… ki... kiss?!”

“Don’t you think it explain everything?” Tiffany looked at him while raising her eyebrows. She was really confused right now and of course, the kiss just made her minds blank. “It’s really embarrassing to say.” He smiled shyly before confessing, “I like you.”

“W… what? But… you… Yuri…?”

“She is my sister. Do you remember when I told you about my past? And, how I have found her?”

“Then, she is…” She looked in disbelief.

“Yes, Kwon Yuri, your friend is my sister. When you saw us before, I was telling the truth to her. However, before I could explain, you have run away. You’re misunderstanding about us, isn’t?”

“Well… yes, I did…” She smiled shyly while bowing her head.

Siwon smiled as he saw her cute reaction. “Your feelings are same as me too, right? Or… I’m wrong?” He looked quite worried. Though many people had said that she already had a crush on him for long, he was still unsure except hearing it from her own mouth. She stared at his face with a small smile on her face. “Huh?” He asked again since no answer from her.

She suddenly hugged him. “Of course.” She said softly but it was near to his ear, enough to let him hear her shy answer. She felt too embarrassed to say it out loud when he looked at her.

Siwon hove a relief sigh before smiling widely. He was really scared that her answer was opposite to what he had been expecting. He wrapped his arms around her waist. “Thank you.” He unconsciously said that after her answer had calmed down his nervous heart.

He was really happy right now but he still couldn’t deny that he did feel slightly worried, he was really scared for her, scared that she might get hurt because of him, because of his past, because of how he lived. Nevertheless, he didn’t want to let go of her at all. Since he had chosen this decision, he would try his best to protect her more than his own life.

---------------

The teacher just came into class and went straight to her desk to put her books. However, Tiffany and Yuri was still nowhere to be seen.

“Where’re Yuri and Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked Yoona as her seatmate and Yoona’s seatmate were missing. She predicted Yoona must know something about it since she and Tiffany had waited for Yuri before.

“I’m not sure too.” Yoona shrugged. She was also worried that Yuri and Tiffany would get their punishment for skipping the class.

Something caught the attention in front of the class which caused Taeyeon and Yoona to look to the front. “Hi, guys!” Yuri greeted happily and loudly once she entered the class. She just went straight to Yoona’s seat without saying anything to the teacher.

“Yuri-ah! What are you doing?!” Yoona asked in shock because of how she behaved in front of the teacher though she was already late.

“Hey, teacher is here!” Sunny informed in anxiousness to Yuri.

“I’m really happy!” Yuri exclaimed while hugging Yoona first, who was in front of her. Then, she proceeded to Taeyeon’s seat and hugged her.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you?” Taeyeon asked in confused but she only got a wide smile from Yuri as an answer. Yuri moved again and hugged Jessica and Sooyoung whose seat behind Taeyeon’s.

“Yah! Are you mad? Have you lost your sense?!” Sooyoung asked but as expected, Yuri didn’t give her a proper answer.

Yuri continued moving and hugged Hyoyeon, Sunny and lastly Seohyun. “Unnie, teacher is in the front!” Seohyun said in anxiousness.

The teacher who just stared seriously what Yuri was doing since she entered the class, finally voiced, “Miss Kwon.”

“Yes?!” Yuri replied in excitement as she turned around. She walked to the teacher and even gave a hug to her.

“Oh? What are you doing?!” The teacher seemed so shocked of Yuri’s unexpected hug.

“Teacher, my mood is rrrreaalllyyy~ great right now!” Yuri replied in excitement.

Minho and Nickhun were smiling widely seeing how Yuri was right now though they were curious what she was happy about. She looked very happy which caused everyone to be happy too just by seeing her.

“Then, where’s Miss Hwang?” The teacher asked Yuri, referring to Tiffany.

“Oh, she… she is on the way to the class. She will be here soon.” Yuri smiled.

“Ok, ok. You should go back to your seat.”

“Thank you, teacher!” Yuri went to her seat, beside Yoona’s.

“How was it?” Yoona asked. She could predict that it turned out good from the way Yuri behaved.

“Perfect!” Yuri showed a thumbs-up.

----------

Yuri, Yoona, Minho and Nickhun were walking towards their villas after they arrived there from the school. Nickhun called from behind, “Yuri-ah.”

Yuri turned around. “Yes?” She smiled widely towards Nickhun. He motioned her to come to him. She stood in front of him while staring his face with a smile on her face.

“Why do you look so happy today? Anything’s happened?”

“Do you know Siwon?” Nickhun nodded. “He is my brother!”

“Really?!” Nickhun asked in happiness. Yuri nodded vigorously. “Wow, I’m really happy for you!”

Yuri smiled widely. “Can I hug you?” She was too happy right now.

“Of course!” Nickhun pulled her by her waist and gave her a hug. Yuri looked shocked at first but smiled later. What they thought was different what they felt. They both didn’t know why but this hug was just feeling like a friendly hug.

Minho was aware that Nickhun wasn’t following him entering the house which caused him to look back. He saw Yuri and Nickhun were hugging each other. He did look quite angry. “Do something’s going between them?” He mumbled while grasping his fist.

“Yuri-ah, where are you? Yuri-ah?” Yoona turned back and she saw Nickhun and Yuri. She looked quite shocked at first and the sadness could be seen in her eyes. She immediately turned around and entered the house. “Im Yoona, it’s okay. Im Yoona, it’s okay, it’s really okay.” She patted her chest while calming down herself.

--------------

Yuri came into the room and sat on the bed. She still couldn’t take off the smile from her face. She lied down on the bed slowly, being careful with her wound.

Yoona just focused doing her work without saying anything. Her face did show that she wasn’t in good mood. She tried to forget what had caused her to lose her mood by being busy.

“Yoona, what are you doing?” Yuri asked while smiling.

“Nothing. Just doing some work.” Yoona replied coldly.

“What work? I don’t think we have any homework.”

“Nothing.” Yoona shook her head. She didn’t even take even a glance at Yuri when talking to her.

“Eh~ what is it? Tell me.” Yuri got up and sat at the side of the bed which was the nearest to Yoona.

“It’s really nothing.” Yoona still replied coldly.

“Im Yoona, what’s wrong with you? Now you even keep something from me?” Yuri asked while chuckling.

“I said it’s nothing! Don’t you understand?!” Yoona unconsciously raised her voice after she couldn’t hold her temper anymore.

Yuri looked extremely shocked. This was the first time Yoona raised her voice at her like that. “I… I… I’m sorry….” She couldn’t find any words to say except apology though she didn’t know what her mistake was.

Yoona herself also looked shocked of her own action. She didn’t know why this time, she really let out her anger on Yuri, which she had never done it before. She got up and went to the washroom hurriedly.

“Yoona! Yoona! Anything’s wrong?!” Yuri asked but as expected, she was ignored. “Did I do something wrong to her?” She asked herself in worry.

Yoona washed her face with the water which flowed from the sink. She looked herself at the mirror. “You are really a fool, Im Yoona!” She was really disappointed of herself for letting her anger out just because of a guy.

Before, she managed to control and never showed her jealousy in front of Yuri. But, now… everything was different, she lost control of her own feelings. She was sure this was because her feelings towards Nickhun were growing stronger which she had been scared of.

-----------

“Yoona, are you okay?!” Yuri immediately walked towards Yoona once she saw her walking out from the washroom. Yoona just looked at Yuri while holding her tears. “Huh? Are you really okay? What did I do wrong?”

Yoona suddenly hugged Yuri as she finally broke into tears. “I’m really sorry. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that.”

“It’s okay. I don’t mind.” Yuri patted Yoona’s back to make her feel better. “I’m just afraid that you are mad at me.”

“No, it’s still my fault.”

“I’m the one who should apologize. Did I do something wrong?”

“No, no. You do nothing wrong.” Yoona still tried her best not to let Yuri find out about her feelings towards Nickhun. “It’s just that… my mood wasn’t good.”

“But… that must be something that ruined your mood, isn’t?”

“There’s really nothing… it’s just… I just feel angry all of a sudden.”

“Ok, ok.” Yuri finally accepted it though she really wondered about the reason Yoona got mad. However, she didn’t want to ask too much to avoid repeating the same situation that had caused them to quarrel. She let Yoona go. “But, you have to promise me…” She pointed to Yoona. “…you won’t be mad again at me.”

“Alright.” Yoona nodded while giving a bitter smile.

Yuri smiled and wiped Yoona’s tears. “You are really scary before~” She emphasized which caused Yoona to chuckle.

-------------

Yoona’s cell phone which was located on the desk, near Yuri, was ringing. “Yoona!” She called to inform about her cell phone.

“Yes... who is it?” Yoona ran from the kitchen.

Yuri took a look at the caller’s name. “It’s Taecyeon.”

“Oh?” She took a seat beside Yuri and took her cell phone. “What does he want?” She asked herself before answering. Yuri also paid her attention to Yoona to know what Taecyeon wanted from Yoona at this time. “Hello?”

“Hello! It’s me!” Taecyeon greeted cheerfully.

“A.. ah, yes…” She sounded not too happy as he did. “Why?”

“Are you busy? Do you have some spare time?”

“Yes, I think so.”

“Let’s go out!” Taecyeon asked excitedly.

“Well…” Yoona was hesitant. Honestly, she didn’t feel like going out especially when she knew it was Taecyeon, who had a crush on her.

“Why? It’s really hard for you to get out from there? Is the security is really tight?”

“No, isn’t like that…”

“Then, I guess there is no other problem, isn’t?”

“Alright.” She finally agreed as she didn’t have other excuse.

“Great! Then, I guess I can’t go to your villa to take you… so…”

“I’ll wait you at the entrance of the school, then.”

“Ok! See you at 7 PM! Bye.”

“Bye.” Yoona ended the call.

“Taecyeon asked you out?! And, you even agreed to it?!” Yuri asked in disbelief.

“Well… I did.” Yoona forced a grin. “What can I do?” She shrugged. “I couldn’t find any excuse. Anyways, when I think again… it has been long since I went out…. So… why not?”

“Are you going to be comfortable with him?”

“Well… I’ll give it a try. Oh, yes. Do you want to go with us? That will be mmmuuccchhh~ better!”

“Me? Won’t I be an interrupter later?” She teased Yoona.

“Hey, what do you mean by interrupter?!”

Yuri just grinned and her smile disappeared by a phone call and this time, from her cell phone. Her eyes went slightly bigger when she looked at the caller name. “It… it’s Minho.” She looked at Yoona, asking for her opinion whether she should answer the call or not.

“You should answer it first.” Yoona replied.

Yuri hesitantly nodded and answered, “H… he… hello?”

“Yuri…” Minho also sounded hesitant.

“Ah, yes?”

“I called because I… em… can we meet?”

“Why? Why don’t you just say it right now?”

“H… how… can I say it?” Honestly, there was a lot he wanted to ask him. About Siwon, why he was so mad at him after seeing Yuri hurt and also about Nickhun… he couldn’t stop being worried that both of Siwon and Nickhun might like her. “Anyways, let’s just meet.”

“But… I….”

“I’ll wait you at behind our villas around 8PM, okay? Bye.” Minho ended the call.


“Minho.” There was no reply. “Minho!” She knew that was no use since he already hung up. She just could heave a sigh. She wondered why he insisted to meet her and what made it worse is she had decided to avoid him especially when her brother had warned her about him.

Yoona understood everything. “Then, I guess I have to go alone with Taecyeon, isn’t?”

“I… I don’t know… honestly, I don’t want to see Minho.” Actually, she meant she wanted to avoid him.

“Why? Are you still mad at him?”

“I… I don’t know… before, I hate him! And, I always want to keep hating him! But, right now… I really don’t know… I’m confused… even Siwon asked me not to be so close with him.”

“Why? Your brother doesn’t like him?”

“I also wonder about that too. I asked him but he said it’s not suitable time to tell me and he will tell later.”

“So, what are you going to do?”

“I guess it’s better if I listen to Siwon. I’m sure he did it for my own good.”

“Ok, you should do what you think is the best.” Yoona patted Yuri’s shoulder. As usual, as her best friend, Yoona would always support her. “Then, I think it’s better if you stay at home. Who knows, you might change your mind to see Minho, right?” Yoona smiled to Yuri before getting up, walking to her room to prepare herself.

--------------

As Yoona walked out from the villa in rush as she was quite late, she bumped into Nickhun.

“Ouch!” They both said in unison.  They looked at each other.

“Oh, Yoona! Where are you going in rush?” Nickhun looked happy to see her. “Are you planning to go out?” He saw how she dressed prettily.

“Yes? Ah… yes…”

“Alone?”

“No.”

“With Yuri? Where is she? I don’t see her.”

“No. With my friend.”

“Which one? You have many friends, you know?” He asked which chuckling since she didn’t give him a direct answer.

“Taecyeon.”

“WHAT?! Yah! What are you going out with him?!” He suddenly yelled in anger.

Yoona looked very shocked. “I… is… is that wrong?”

“Yah! Are you out of your minds?! Of course it’s wrong!”

“Why? I still don’t get why it’s so wrong.”

“How can you go out with him alone at night?! You don’t know what he might do to you! Because there is a naïve girl like you, my heart can’t be at ease!”

“Don’t worry, he is a trusty friend.”

“You just believe in him like that?! Don’t you think he would take this chance especially he has a crush on you?!”

“Ceh…” Yoona rolled her eyes while chuckling. “You talked like you had known him longer than me!” She walked away, leaving Nickhun there who seemed very mad.

“Yah! You are just going like that?!” He half-shouted since Yoona was quite far from him.

“I’m already late!” She answered him while taking a few steps backwards. “Bye!” She waved her hands in the air before turning around and accelerated her paces.

Nickhun just stood there and he seemed thinking about it. He looked very worried to let Yoona alone with Taecyeon. “Can’t!” He mumbled while grasping his fist after thinking what Taecyeon might do with Yoona. Eventually, he ran towards Yoona and caught her up. “Wait!” He grabbed her wrist.

“What? Nickhun! I’m already late right now!”

“Let me go with you.”

“W… wh… what? Are you sure?”

--------------

Since she was late before, she couldn’t ask why Nickhun wanted to follow along with her. She took a look at Nickhun hesitantly before asking, “W… why you want to follow me?”

“Oh?” Nickhun took a look at Yoona in shock before turning back his head to the front, focusing on his driving. “Well… I’m just worried about you.”

“Why? Isn’t that I have said Taecyeon is a trusty friend? I have known him for long since I first entered the college. Why don’t you seem not believe in him at all? Does he really look like a bad boy?”

“Well…” Nickhun was speechless. He could still remember what Taecyeon said to him the time they met. He said he would make Yoona accept his love. Nickhun was really afraid that Yoona would that eventually. “Nevertheless, you still ought to be careful, ok? Besides, I’m also bored. Do you really mind I follow along?”

“N… nope, of course nope. Just… I’m just curious.”

As time went by, they were just silent, still thinking about it. It seemed like Nickhun had something to ask Yoona but he was hesitant. He tapped the steering with his fingers, still hesitant, “A… are you going to accept him?” He looked quite scared that her answer would be the one that he didn’t want to hear.

“Yes?”

“I mean, Taecyeon likes you a lot and he’s trying to put effort in wooing you… So, will you accept him later?” Yoona was just silent and she stared at Nickhun, slightly her lips curled up. He took a look at her. “Why don’t you answer?” Her silence just made he became nervous.

“What is your opinion? Should I accept him?”

“Of course not!” He said firmly.

“Why not?”

“Be… because…” He couldn’t find any excuse. Honestly, he didn’t know why he thought like this but he didn’t want her to like other guy except him.

“Then, do you want me to be alone forever? At least… he loves me sincerely.” Yoona sounded quite disappointed and sad which caused Nickhun to look at her. He did feel guilty but he himself didn’t know who is the real owner of his heart. Yuri or Yoona? He’s still confused.

They continued to become silent as time went by. Yoona just stared at the window blankly while Nickhun kept stealing the glances at her. He knew he had ruined her mood. He didn’t get any idea how to start back their conversation which they ended up becoming silent on the way to the school.

“That’s Taecyeon’s car.” Yoona broke their silence once they arrived at the area around the school.

Nickhun parked the car beside Taecyeon’s car. Yoona lowered the window of her seat. “Taecyeon!” She waved her hand once Taecyeon realized her presence.

However, Taecyeon didn’t reply Yoona since there was another thing that caught his attention more. “What are you doing here?” He asked Nickhun firmly.

“Excuse me! Do you have any right to ask that?!” Nickhun also replied firmly. Taecyeon just replied him with a frown. Nickhun continued, “Do you think I’ll let my girlfriend going out alone with a person like you especially at night?! You’ve gotta be kidding me!” He rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Yoona seemed so shocked and she just could take glance continuously at Nickhun and Taecyeon.

“Yah, do you think I’ll believe you? Yoona had said herself that there is nothing going on with you guys!”

Nickhun looked a bit anxious but he managed to be ready in argument back. “That… that’s because she purposely lied to you! She didn’t want to hurt you!”

Yoona looked at Nickhun in confusion and she was just about to say something to him before Taecyeon called her. “Yoona, is that true?” He asked.

“Huh?” Yoona looked a bit startled. She could feel Nickhun was holding her hand which caused her to take a look at him. He assured Yoona to just go along with the lie. She turned her head towards Taecyeon back. “Well…” She forced a smile, giving indirect answer, supporting what Nickhun said as honestly, she didn’t want to lie.

“So, everything’s clear now?” Nickhun asked proudly. “Just get in!” He asked Taecyeon to get into his car. Taecyeon came out from his car and locked it. He got in Nickhun’s car at the back seat.

Yoona unfastened her seatbelt. “What are you doing?” Nickhun asked her.

“I should sit behind of course. Taecyeon, let’s change.” Yoona opened the door and was just about to come out but Nickhun grabbed her hand and pulled her abruptly which caused her to sit on the seat involuntarily.

“Eh~ you don’t have to go anywhere. Just stay beside me.” Nickhun slightly got up from his seat to close the door at Yoona’s seat. Then, he helped her to fasten the seatbelt. Yoona’s eyes went bigger as she stared at Nickhun’s face in a short distance when he was fastening the seatbelt for her. “He is the outsider, let him sit at the back seat.”

“But, isn’t this awkward for me to sit here? Guys should sit at the front seat. ”

“Eh~ what it’s so awkward to sit beside your boyfriend? Just sit here.” Nickhun patted her head gently while giving a grin.

“Yoona, it’s okay.” Taecyeon smiled to her. Yoona also replied his smile which caused Nickhun looked quite annoyed.

-----------

Yuri was watching television at the living room. However, it seemed like the television was watching her since her minds was on other things. She didn’t focus on it at all. She kept looking at the clock on the wall. It showed 9 o’clock. It had been an hour since… Minho supposedly waited for her.

She convinced herself that Minho definitely won’t wait for her if she still didn’t come after 10 minutes after 8 o’clock. She knew him. She was sure he won’t wait for her or precisely, she really hoped he would do that. She really didn’t want to take any progress that may lead them to get closer and of course made her more confused.

She lied down on the sofa and turned off the television. She closed her eyes, trying to sleep to forget everything what she was thinking right now. As expected, it was so hard! She could hear briefly the sound of wind. It must be so cold outside. She suddenly opened her eyes back like she just got reminded of something and immediately got up.

She opened the door and it was extremely cold when the wind was slapping her body. She took a few steps going out from the villa before she stopped. “What I’m thinking about?!” She knocked her own head in anger. She really hated how she acted right now. She was worried for someone that she shouldn’t have to. “He won’t be there! He won’t wait for me!” She scolded herself to gain her consciousness back.  

She turned back to her villa but stopped again. “Aish!” She grasped her fist tightly. She knew she won’t be at ease until she was sure he really wasn’t waiting for her right now. Finally, she decided to take a look. She went to the backyard of their villas as where they supposed to meet.

Not as she expected, he really was waiting for her even after an hour and half! She looked so shocked and touched at how he had changed a lot since how he used to hurt her before. She did feel guilty to let him wait for her for that long.

She slowly approached him and saw he already fell asleep. She took a seat beside him on the bench carefully, confirming that she won’t wake him up. She stared at his face and unconsciously, her lips curled up. He looked… so cute… She unconsciously drew her hand to his face, she wanted to touch it. However, she immediately stopped while sighing. She grasped her hand. “No… this is so wrong…” She shook her head, trying to get back her consciousness.

However, her heart was out of her control. She knew she couldn’t control her own feelings. She ended up staring at his face back. Ironically though the weather was extremely cold right now, she still felt happy and warm by just staring at his face. “Do I really have fallen in love with him now?” She asked herself in worry while her eyes still locked on his face.

Suddenly, she could feel a few drops of water on her face. She lifted her head up. It was raining and it became heavier. “Minho… Minho…” She tried to wake him up by shaking gently his shoulder. He didn’t give any response. “Minho.” Yuri shook his shoulder harder. Instead of waking up, his head fell on Yuri’s shoulder. “Oh? Minho, Minho.” She patted his cheeks and just then, she could feel his hot face. Yuri looked quite shocked. “Minho! Minho! Are you okay?!” She tried to wake him up anxiously. She touched his forehead and it was very hot. He had caught a fever. “What should I do now?!”