Summertime Sadness

[Oneshot] Summertime Sadness

A/N: Please take notice that those italic and violet color sentences in the right are Taecyeon's, and in the left are Chansung's.

I hope it wouldn't so difficult to understand T_T *sob*

 

Summertime Sadness

 

“Why wasn’t me?”

 

 

Chansung lay on his back, eyes aimlessly looked around. That cursed ‘We Got Married’ show. His cursed guest role.

 

“Their” house.

 

“Their” room.

 

“Their” wedding photos.

 

 

The way “they” laughed together.

 

The way “they” looked at each other.

 

The way “they” were together.

 

All… made him want to cry.

 

 

“If I were him, I’d never make you sad. Never make you cry. Never do rash fanservices. Smile at no one but you.”  

 

 

Outside the windows, the sun was setting little by little. A flaming color overflowed into the room where Chansung was laying, covered his full of tears face with a striking but mournful silk coat.

 

Summertime sunset seemed to be always beautiful, always haunting above all others.

 

He could hear “their” laughter coming from outside. The clear voice flowed into his heart, choking it up. Carving it deeper into heart-drending holes.

 

“Fanservice?”

 

The old reason Nichkhun put forward all the time in order to explain why “they” were always together.

 

Cuddling each other.

 

Knitting their fingers.

 

Gazing fondly...

 

Well, “fanservice”…

 

Happening regularly even when there was no fan.

 

 

“Chansung ah please say. What makes me be worse than him?

While I don’t exchange loving glances with those beautiful girls.

I don’t make rash dates, each time with a new person.

I don’t act coldly, walking pass you whenever you cried.

And never say harsh things to you as well.”

 

 

Chansung stood up, walked towards the windows and closed the certains. Through a gap which couldn’t be filled.

 

He looked outside.

 

Directly at the sun in the far distance – where final rays of sunlight were slowly fading out.

 

 

“Don’t cry anymore. Chansung ah don’t cry anymore…”

 

 

Chansung collapsed onto the very cold floor.

 

Twenty years old. He was still just a child.

 

So absorbed in passion, so absorbed in loving him.

 

Throught the door, laughter still echoed. Yet again.

 

 

“Khun hyung ah I love you…”

 

“I love you Chansung ah. I love you…”

 

“Love you so much…”

 

“Love you hundred times, thousand times much than you love him…”

 

“Please hyung… Please only look at me…”

 

“Once… Just once… Please look at me… Please choose me…”

 

 

Chansung wiped away the tears rolling over his cheek, combeb his hair again and went out.

 

Since unknown time, Taecyeon had been there, leaned against the wall opposite the door.

 

The younger avoided looking at his hyung’s eyes. Just lowering his head, he continued walking quietly.

 

“Chansungie.”

 

Taecyeon pulled Chansung’s arm, then suddenly drew him close towards his own body.

 

“Don’t cry anymore.”

 

“Let me go, hyung.”

 

“No.”

 

“Let me go!”

 

The younger pushed Taecyeon with all his might, but he still opinionatively held him tight. In the completely dark and narrow lobby corner, Taecyeon comforted and warmed his maknae up by his own hot body temperature. However, Chansung still strongly shook his head.

 

“Stop it hyung!”

 

“No.”

 

“The more you continue, the more you’ll suffer!”

 

Chansung’s words made Taecyeon tighten his embrace more. His tears, was sparkling in front of the younger.

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Eh-oh.”

 

Both Taecyeon and Chansung started and then turned around. That was Nichkhun.

 

“Sorry to disturb you two.”

 

Nichkhun said with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Hyung…”

 

Chansung said timidly, but immediately was interrupted by Taecyeon.

 

“Don’t say anything.”

 

The youngest never realized that Taecyeon could be that so strong. Still hugged him in his arms, the elder threw a fierce glint towards Nichkhun, in silence.

 

A long silence.

 

In the end, putting his hands in his pants pockets, Nichkhun calmly walked past them two, dragged a half-smile out of his lips.

 

“Remember to come to my wife’s birthday party tomorrow, Chansungie.”

 

 

That was it. Once again, Chansung found himself bursting into tears.

 

 

“Among billions people in this world, why did you only love him?”

 

“Among billions people in this world, why did you only look at him?”

 

 

The wind on the terrace was blowing hard on Chansung’s seedy face. Holding two hands onto the banisters, he stared into the far distance.

 

Hundreds little stars were twinkling in the beautiful night sky.

 

As much as months and days when he was young and inexperienced, he loved and cried.

 

Trusted him blindly in order to continued to love him madly.

 

The happy times passed quickly as a wink.

 

Behind him, stood a silent Taecyeon with his arms folded.

 

 

Chansung.

 

Taecyeon.

 

Nichkhun.

 

And “them”.

 

That’s how they are.

 

Always be like that.

 

Forever be like that.

 

 

End