choice

The Accidental Companion of the Joseon Time Traveller

Hope you like the flowers!

I can feel that you are under a lot of stress. Even though I wanted to throw a bigger fuzz over our six month anniversary, I know that you need this time alone to think and figure a way out of whatever is bothering you. But amidst all the Joseon music and historical intrigues that you are currently indulging in, please do not forget that your personal King Sukjong is just a call away (ready in his full costume), when you are ready to see him again. (Call me soon, I miss you!)

I love you,

Dong-Min

-end of letter-

"What if I don't want to go back?" Yoon Wol said, in an almost whisper, as she folds Dong Min's letter.

"If I could leave you here, I would… but I know that I have to go back. We have very little time, I do not think I can convince you, but please trust me." Bong Do answered.

"History turned out to be okay, even with King Sukjong's demise. Maybe we can continue living like this."

"I have to set it right."

"What about Hee Jin? What if we cannot return?"

"We would have to find another way back." Bong Do looked back at Yoon Wol with his usual calm smile. "You yourself said it, using the Talisman for something that it was not intended for may bring unwanted consequences. There is not a morning that I do not fear opening my eyes because I might be back to the other world without my knowing it. I know you feel that fear too. I still do not fully understand the workings of the Talisman. And now that the Monk's writing has disappeared and it has not fully recovered its yellow color, I cannot live in comfort. I may seem very noble to you, but the truth is, King Sukjong's deliverance is only a secondary reason for my wanting to go back."