Chapter 1 - Final

Getting Into Your Heart

(still needing some air over here!!!!!)

 

Baekhyun shifted his gaze across the room. His eyes caught the image of a tall, beautiful girl sitting quietly in the corner, her eyes locked to the pad in her hands. Her legs crossed, and her lips sealed tight, not letting out a single sound escape from it. Her face was expressionless, and her long, wavy hair-that she dyed dark brown with blonde highlights-fell down, as if trying to hide her beautiful face. The face that Baekhyun had admired for a year and a half. The soft, velvet lips that looked so kissable to him. The quiet, mysterious personality that filled his mind with curiosity. The girl that he would die to have. Hwang Siyoon. Preferably known as Siyoon, a debuting trainee in Korea’s top talent agency, SM Entertainment.

Baekhyun sighed. It’s been more than a year since he started liking her, growing a special feeling for her that not just any girl can get from him. He honestly didn’t understand himself for liking Siyoon. No, no, scratch that. He was inlove with her. His friends that knew about his feeling towards the girl always shook their heads. Well… sure Siyoon was pretty, and smart, and talented, and many guys would kill to get her. But that was because they didn’t know the real her. The cold, quiet, and lonely girl that not just anyone can get near to, neither get along with. Her toneless voice always gave people sets of goosebumps, and her laser glare has always burned people’s skin like some kind of poison.

“Baekhyun-ssi, your turn!” a staff member half-shouted at him. Baekhyun quickly woke up from his daydreaming and got up. Without a word, he walked halfway across the room and sat on the black chair in front of the lighted mirror.

“he’s the last, so make it quick. They’re on in 10 minutes,” the staff that called him to get his makeup on said to the makeup artist that was going to do his makeup. She nodded absentmindedly.

The makeup artist then started doing her job on Baekhyun. After doing the makeups for a few of EXO members and a few trainees who happen to make an appearance in a few special stages in that night’s showcase, she didn’t seem to do it wholeheartedly on Baekhyun. It’s not like he cared, though, since right beside him was where the girl that had always made his heart thumped like crazy. Siyoon. Still completely drowned with the thing she was doing all along with her pad, she didn’t seem to notice him staring at her unconsciously. His eyes full of pure affection, and a slight sorrow. He missed her. That’s for sure. He haven’t had a chance to see her in person since he started getting busier after his debut with EXO.

The others that were busy chatting and laughing suddenly noticed the scene as well. They all knew the matter that was happening, but never did they have the courage to tell Siyoon about it. The room went silent. No one dared to speak up even a word. Until Baekhyun himself unconsciously broke the silence. With his eyes and mind still focused on the girl who sat less than 2 meters beside him, he said

“Siyoon-ssi, what are you doing?” stupid question. Everybody knew that. It’s stupid to ask Siyoon a question like that. Heck, it’s stupid to even speak to Siyoon if it’s not for a really important matter.

The girl that heard her name looked up, only to see her senior, Byun Baekhyun of EXO-K, staring at her with eyes full of concern. But to her, those eyes meant nothing. The only thing she saw in them was curiosity. And she hated curiosity. She hated when people asked her about what she was doing, or how was she doing. She hated the affection. She hated people who tried to get close to her and earn her trust, but eventually will leave her and break her fragile heart into pieces. Which is exactly what she was thinking about Baekhyun and his affectionate gaze that will certainly melt ten thousand girls at once. She thought that he was just trying to get close to her without even being ready to keep her trust. If she ever gives him one.

“is that even important?” cold. toneless. As usual, they gave the people there chills down their spines. Even her own classmates and friends were still not used to them, and probably never will, despite their closeness and the fact that they met almost everyday.

Baekhyun froze. He knew it was stupid to ask her a question, but all he wanted was just to hear her voice.

“if I say ‘yes’, would you answer my question?” a slight desperation could be heard in his voice. It’s not like he has depended his life onto Siyoon’s answer, no. But the sentence that had just escaped his lips somehow made him seemed like he did so.

“then if I say I’m ‘surfing the internet’, would you quit, sunbae?” another cold answer. Baekhyun shrugged. It kind of hurts hearing her still calling him ‘sunbae’ when even all the other trainees in the room were already calling him ‘oppa’. Even though Siyoon did it to all of her seniors, it still hurt him.

unnie, you don’t need to be like that. Baekhyun oppa was just worried about you because you didn’t talk at all. We all do. Just… no one was concerned enough to ask you… you should thank Baekhyun oppa for caring…” another trainee who sat beside Siyoon-named Jo Hyun-said with her eyes full of concern and worry. Nobody would deny that she was an angel. Her pretty face and lovely personality was just… perfect. No wonder many guys fell head over heels for her.

Siyoon rolled her eyes without anybody noticing. Her face-once again-buried in her pad, with her straight, smooth bangs-that Baekhyun thought was perfect on her forehead-fell onto her face as if to hide her hardened expression.

“boys, you’re up!” one of the staff suddenly appeared behind the waiting room’s door.

With an inaudible sigh, Baekhyun stood up, his eyes still locked onto Siyoon’s direction, while slowly following s out. Letting out another sigh, Baekhyun finally walked out from the door, his eyes kept stealing glances to the girl he had been craving for. s and even the trainees looked at him, pitying him.

 

 

it was a rare day for EXO. A day where they could get home to their dorm early and just sit back and relax. The day that they have been waiting for months. Of course, with their ridiculously rising popularities after their latest album was released, who would expect them to even get home before midnight?

“whoa… I can’t remember the last time I had Kyungsoo hyung’s cooking for dinner… “ Sehun cheered as D.O handed him a bowl of tteokpokki. D.O scoffed.

“it was two weeks ago when I packed bibimbap for our breakfast while we were going to M-Countdown… and the tteokpokki is not my cooking. I bought the tteok(rice cake) from the mini market downstairs…” he said.

“at least it was prepared by you,”

“yeah, whatever,”

“yo, cut the crap! Somebody is trying to have a peaceful goodnight sleep over here!” it was Chanyeol. And it’s totally understandable for him to say that. He and Kai had the longest day among the others. With the extra photoshoots to shoot. Even Kai was already asleep from the exhaustion.

The main actor-Baekhyun-however, only smiled hearing ’s childish little quarrel. Sometimes even among the all-boys members, they can be either really fussy, or really protective, which often lead to quarrels like the one that was happening. Sometimes they even looked like couples.

Couples. That one word that simply just reminded him of the certain beautiful-yet cold-girl that he missed to death. Heck, everything seemed to remind him of her. When he was alone or not, happy or sad, day or night, everything just reminded him about her. And the word ‘couples’ just made him start daydreaming about what if they were a couple. He smiled remembering how they first met…

 

 

Baekhyun rushed out from the cafeteria. He knew the trainees’ lunch time will start soon, and he didn’t want to be stuck in the crowd. That was why he took early lunches if he happened to have to eat his lunch at SM Building; devil-may-care to his stupid members who preferred to get themselves stuck inside the crowd of hungry trainees, in which most of them were EXO’s fans, by the way.

Baekhyun quickly found a dark dead-ended corner between the walls of SM Building’s hallways, and with one step, he was already inside. And being exact to his calculations, as the bell rang, groups of trainees quickly filled the hallways, heading to the cafeteria. Baekhyun could see s who were heading to the very same place. He held one of his hands over his lips, trying not to let his giggles out upon seeing his poor members got tackled by the trainees that happened to be their fans.

As soon as every single trainee was inside the cafeteria, Baekhyun got out from his hiding place with another single step, and continued on his way. As he didn’t feel like going back to his practice room, so he decided to just walk along the hallways when it’s safe from the trainees-slash-fans.

Eventually, when he got close to the exit door, he heard some dance music playing. He wasn’t sure of it at first, but as he tried to focus on his hearing sense, he was sure that it was dance music. A slight curiosity filled his head as he heard more and more of the dance music.

“is someone practicing? It’s lunch break, right?” was the two questions that popped out in his head.

Couldn’t hold more of his curiosity, he started to search from where the dance music came from.

And there he saw her, in one of the practice rooms, trying so hard to dance with her stiff body. he pitied her, that's for sure. Is she really going to debut with that dance? Yeah right.

"do you know how to dance or don't you?" he said to her, making her jump.

"that's why I'm practicing, isn't it, sunbae?" he was quite shocked when a trainee, a female trainee, dared to speak up against him. No one has ever done anything like that before so he was quite impressed.

"your body is lacking flexibilities," he said, stating the obvious "and some weight," he added, commenting  on her skinny body. She huffed.

"then what should I do? Replace my bones with rubber bands?" she said desperately. Unfortunately, he took that as a joke and giggled quietly. She glared at him.

"here, try this.." he said, positioning his body into a stretching pose, realizing her expressions started to change. He wasn’t the best dancer, but at least his body wasn’t as stiff as hers. She tilted her head to one side for a moment, then followed him.

"like this, sunbae?" Baekhyun smiled and nodded.

"make that as your routine. Five minutes a day, you hear me? Then you body will be as flexible as rubber bands. No need to replace your bones with it," he said as he giggled slightly upon the thought that he was teasing her using her own 'joke'. She rolled her eyes and forced a smile.

"thank you, sunbae,"

 

 

Dance. He remembered the first time they worked together as a couple during EXO’s joint dance practice with the trainees for SM’s showcase. He remembered the looks on a few of s’ faces when they didn’t get to be partnered with their trainee crushes. He remembered Siyoon’s uninterested expressions during their practice, and even seconds before the performance started. He remembered how she only plastered her smile only when they entered the stage, how she smiled only for the audience, that cheered for them the whole performance. He still remembered how his heart fluttered, and how he got tummy butterflies when his manager announced that he will be partnered with that girl named Hwang Siyoon. He remembered perfectly how happy he was and how his heart won’t stop thumping in the pace of a mad cow. He remembered…

 

 

hyung, congratz! You get to dance with Siyoon!” Sehun squealed as he jumped right onto Baekyun’s back. Usually, the older would scold him or something. But this time, Baekhyun was too amazed to even notice the major shocks on his body caused by the maknae’s behavior.

His whole body was frozen. His mind drifted to who-knows-where land. His brain was still trying so hard to process what his manager had just said 20 seconds beforehand.

“Baekhyun will be paired up with trainee Hwang Siyoon,”

he secretly pinched his own arm, and soon winced in pain. He just realized he wasn’t dreaming. He pinched his arm over and over, still not believing that it was not a dream, only to find it hurting more everytime he pinched it. Slowly, the edges of his lips moved up, creating a curve. A smile. He won’t lie that he was extremely happy at the time. So happy he wanted to jump over the moon, fly to the countless skies, and scream his heart out till’ he runs out of his voice.

 

 

“I hope we’ll do a great job!” Baekhyun said loudly, trying to prevent this girl in front of him-his dance partner, Siyoon-from hearing the loud ‘thump’ ‘thump’ ‘thump’ sound his stupid heart had been making since the second he saw her face.

“we won’t if we don’t start.” typical Siyoon. Her answers were always right on target and can get anyone to shut up without her even bothering to talk too long. Heck, she didn’t even let out a single tone!

Baekhyun’s heart sunk. He didn’t wish for anything too excessive, he only hoped to see Siyoon smile at him and say… what? Maybe ‘yes, let’s work hard and do our best!’ or something? Is that even too much to ask? Well, if you’re talking about Siyoon… hell yeah.

Just as Siyoon planned, Baekhyun couldn’t say anymore. And much to his luck, Kai started the music to quickly get started on the practice. He seemed not too okay seeing Chanyeol helping his crush with her stretching back in the corner. Which was good. Since Kai blasted on the music, at least Baekhyun’s loud ‘thump’ ‘thump’ ‘thump’ noise would be hidden from Siyoon’s hearing senses. But any low IQ people would know that it’s not going to stay long, because as soon as the dance started, Baekhyun had to do contacts with Siyoon. Skinships, to be exact. And Siyoon plus skinship would mean no good for Baekhyun, since it equals his heart going ‘thump’ ‘thump’ ‘thump’-ing louder. Which is not good. Since he would have to find another way to hide it if he didn’t want Siyoon to hear it. And fast.

But well, typical lovebirds. Even the smarty-pants Byun Baekhyun would quickly decrease his IQ when it comes to the girl he liked. The exact situation that was going on to him. He couldn’t think. He didn’t even bother to think that he had to hide the sound of his heart that was beating crazier and crazier. All that occupied his poor little mind was the amazement and the admiration towards the certain girl that was dancing with him. Her slightly blonde, straight hair that was tied up into a ponytail was swaying gracefully from side to side along with her movement. He was getting familiar with the fragrance that came from her hair-possibly her shampoo-that has come in contact with his skin a few times. He didn’t bother to think about his dance moves-he memorized it by heart. By his poor little heart that kept missing that certain girl named Hwang Siyoon every minute.

 

 

yes, he remembered it all. Every tiny little detail of it. I mean, why wouldn’t he?

“boys! Anyone seen my phone?!” a loud shout could be heard, dominating the night that was supposed to be nice and quiet. Duh, it’s like, 12.30 pm or something, why wouldn’t it be?

“yo, somebody?! I’ve got a situation of a missing phone in here!” Suho. That’s definitely Suho. No human being living in the dorm would go out and find his phone in the midnights except for Suho.

Feeling bothered, Baekhyun-who was not yet asleep-got out from his bed, and out to the living room, only to find Suho who was already in his up-and-downs in finding his lost phone.

“seriously hyung? This is like, the fifth time this week you’ve lost that phone,” Baekhyun complained. Suho pretended he didn’t hear and continued searching for his dear phone under the couch. Meanwhile, Chanyeol was woken up by all the noise his two members were making in the living room.

“you guys, like, please… somebody is trying to sleep here! How many times do I have to say that line in one night?!” now Chanyeol was the one complaining. Can’t blame him, he’s dead tired; his quarter-opened-eyes told it all.

“for goodness sake, how old are you, hyung?! How can you not remember where you put your phone?!” with a lowered volume, Baekhyun started scolding his leader again.

“uhm… wild guess, but I bet your phone is lying around in your girlfriend’s practice room again…” both Suho and Baekhyun quickly turned their heads to Chanyeol upon hearing the sentence that he just said. So fast that Chanyeol thought their heads were going to fall off. He just shrugged.

Now somebody has got to go to SM Building and get that stupid phone back to where it belonged-Suho’s hands. Why? Because every morning in 6 am, his girlfriend would call or send a message, saying ‘good mornings’ and such. And if he didn’t answer it within 5 minutes, they’ll be over. Everybody knew Suho’s girlfriend, and that was exactly the typical thing that girl would do. Even Baekhyun wondered how his leader even got along with her. You know… with that psycho personality?

“guys, I know you’re tired, but… can somebody please help me and get my phone out of there? You know how my girlfriend is, don’t you? I’m doomed if I don’t get that phone before 6 am tomorrow… please?” Suho started to whine, pleading either one of Baekhyun and Chanyeol to get his phone.

“oh, shut up~… aegyo even looked disgusting on Sehun, how does it suit you?” Chanyeol said while he made a disgusted face. Baekhyun nodded.

“yeah, why don’t you get the phone yourself?” Suho sighed.

“I have an early schedule tomorrow… there is no way I’m getting the thing now…” he explained. There’s a slight regret in his tone.

“well I’m not getting it either,” it was Chanyeol

“and why is that?”

“my photoshoot today wasn’t finished, so the photographer asked me to come again tomorrow, and you do know what that nasty little photographer will do if I come late, don’t you?” both Suho and Baekhyun made faces. They knew. A bit too well, actually…

now, with both Suho and Chanyeol out of the list, that left Baekhyun alone. Well, to be honest, his schedule the next day wouldn’t start until 11, and that would be the perfect excuse for the guys to sue him to get the phone. Baekhyun messed his hair in frustration.

“oh guys, come on~… quit with that look-oh, what am I gonna do with you?” no use. The other two awake guys already have their minds locking their target on Baekhyun. Can’t blame them. They have their own reasons why they couldn’t go. Good reasons. And they also had a good reason why he has to go and get the phone right away.

“oh, Bacon… come on… this is my girlfriend you’re talking about!” Suho pleaded-once again. Baekhyun knew too well that he couldn’t resist. Suho was right. He always was when it comes to things like these. Baekhyun scoffed.

“you guys always made me do these things…” he mumbled as he snatched his jacket from the coat hanger and stormed out from the dorm, with Suho and Chanyeol still watching him, with evil smirks on their faces.

 

 

Baekhyun was freezing. Even though SM Building wasn’t that far away from his dorm, but walking alone there in the middle of autumn like this, was definitely still freezing cold even with a thick jacket on. White air started to come out from every breath Baekhyun made, showing how cold it was. Baekhyun decided to jog all the way to the building to at least lessen the pain he bear because of the darned cold north wind.

As he was arriving in front of his destination, he began to slower his pace. He stopped for a while, catching his breath as he realized that the main entrance was locked.

“great…” he mumbled. He was about to go back and tell Suho to be strong and let go of his girlfriend when he suddenly realized he hasn’t check the back door yet.

The back door was used by SM Building’s janitor, who was used to come neither really late at night, or really early in the morning, so the security never locked that door, but instead letting Mr. Noh-the janitor-to lock the door himself. Lucky for Baekhyun-and possibly the thieves-Mr. Noh was already in his 70-something and would likely to keep forgetting to lock the door. Baekhyun lit up his phone to light the way, and took a turn to the far side of the building, where the back door was. And much to his luck, Mr. Noh did forget to lock the door again. With a victorious smile on his lips, Baekhyun slipped himself inside through the door. As soon as he was inside, he realized it was pitch black. Good thing he had some light from his phone, though.

“P-17…” another soft mumble could be heard from the young man’s lips. P-17 was the room number written on top of Suho’s girlfriend’s practice room door. So with the not-so-much light he had, he started to search for the room with ‘P-17’ written on its door.

“P-15, … P-16, … P-17!” his heart randomly cheered when he finally found the room he’d been looking for.

As he was about to touch the door handle, his hand backed away. The door was opened. Not wide open, just slightly opened. He gulped. Is there a thief or something inside? Well, sure he was a guy, but he was just an average-bodied-guy, and watching too many movies made Baekhyun think that all thieves are well-built and jumbo-sized with guns on their hands and knives on their belts. He gulped again, then slowly-and trying his best not to make the slightest noise, he entered. But no matter how much he tried, he didn’t spot any sign of a living creature.

“have they left? Oh God, please tell me they’ve left…” he prayed inside.

After a few moments, he could finally conclude that neither thieves nor bad guys were inside. Baekhyun let out a small sigh, glad that what he feared wasn’t there. Feeling appeased, he started to start searching for Suho’s phone, and eventually found it in the other side of the room. A smile was formed on his face, since now he could go home.

Baekhyun walked out, thinking that his job was done. The only thing in his mind was that he wanted to go back to his comfy little bed, and sleep-maybe dreaming about Siyoon? But only after he took a few steps, his movement was stopped by a slight sound of someone sighing. Suddenly he had goosebumps. Was that a ghost? He shivered. But then, the sigh was followed by the sound of a soft moan, and a slight sound of movements in the other corner of the room.

“is somebody actually here?” he wondered. Which actually had no use since he was sure that somebody was actually there. And based on the sound of it, that ‘somebody’ seemed to be a female.

He spun around, directing his light to every corner possible. And what a shock he had when he actually found that ‘somebody’, lying in a corner, hidden beside the speaker halfway across the room. Baekhyun gulped for the third time since he entered the room, and slowly walked nearer to that person hidden in the darkness.

As soon as he got close enough, he could finally get a much clearer view. And much to his shock, the person lying with her back leaning to the wall beside that speaker was not only a human being and a female like he expected, but she was also somebody that he knew very well, Siyoon.

He blinked a few times, making sure that the girl lying before him was really Hwang Siyoon, the girl that stole his heart. He examined her face through the darkness, trying to find any signs that she wasn’t Siyoon. Nope, that was Siyoon, alright. Still dressed in a white, sleeveless top, and a pair of skinny jeans, he knew with one look that she just got back from the set of a drama, which she was playing an extra role in. Her eyes were closed tight, and her breath was stable, so he could tell that she was sleeping. He admired her features; her hair, her forehead, her eyebrows, her eyelids, her eyelashes, her nose, her cheeks, her lips…

He got down to his knees, matching Siyoon’s height-since she was in a sitting position-and smiled. He noticed that her lips were shivering, and he recognized it as the effect from the cold weather. So he took his jacket off and put it onto Siyoon. She moved a bit as he did so, but soon was back to her deep sleep, her expression showed that she was comfortable.

Baekhyun decided to stay with her for the night, so he got his phone out, and sent a message to Chanyeol.

 

To: Park Chanyeol

Channie, tell Suho-hyung I won’t be back anytime soon. I’ve got some urgent matters to attend over here. But tell him not to worry; I’ll be back before 6. And you just go to bed, don’t wait for me…

 

As soon as he pressed ‘send’, Baekhyun placed his phone back in his pocket and continued to stare at Siyoon. Of course he wouldn’t afford to lose the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be close to Siyoon, just the two of them. Only thinking about it made another smile grew on Baekhyun’s face. Unconsciously, one of his hands moved nearer to Siyoon’s face. He wouldn’t deny that he wanted so badly to touch those perfectly sculpted features of hers, the perfect masterpiece of life that he just wanted to snatch away and kept for himself. His fingers went nearer and nearer to her face. He smiled as he wondered how her skin would feel against his…

 

“beep” “beep”

 

suddenly his phone rang. He pulled it up and read the letters written on the screen. A message from Chanyeol.

 

From: Park Chanyeol

Yeah, okay… And who said I was waiting for you?

 

Baekhyun smiled a bitter smile. That brat. His stupid reply messed up his moment.

And just then, he felt something was being placed on his lap. As he looked at it, he realized that it was his jacket. His jacket that he put onto… Siyoon. Baekhyun gazed to the supposed-to-be-sleeping Siyoon, who was-eventually-awake, probably awoken by the ringing sound from his stupid phone.

“go.” Her cold voice could be heard. Baekhyun felt like his heart was breaking into pieces. She didn’t even say “what are you doing?” or “why are you here?” but instead, she only said “go.”. Those words pierced his heart.

“why?” he couldn’t find anymore words to say even though at the moment, he wanted to say a lot of things to her.

“I was here first. Now go.” Without anyone else around beside the two of them, she seemed to be bolder and spoke to him that way. He smiled.

“I would have. A long time ago… but I didn’t because I saw you here… what exactly are you doing here? Don’t you know that we’re actually not allowed to be here especially at this hour?” he said as he looked right into her eyes. Her eyes was still dark and emotionless, he couldn’t even find his reflection in them.

“then what about you, sunbae? Aren’t you here in this hour too? If you’ve planned to leave, then leave.” Still, there was nothing different, not even a single tone. Baekhyun laughed bitterly.

“Suho-hyung sent me here to get his phone. You do know how that classmate of yours behaved towards my leader, right?” he said as he waved Suho’s phone in front of her face, as if he was trying to prove that he wasn’t lying. “then what about you? What is the reason you’re here in this hour?” he asked. Siyoon seemed a bit shocked, and for a moment, she pushed her lips together, her hazel-colored eyes moved away from Baekhyun’s direction, as if she was hiding something, and she was thinking if she should tell him. Baekhyun noticed that, but he kept his mouth shut, afraid to say something that would hurt her heart. He didn’t care about his crazily beating heart anymore.

“this…” she finally spoke “is my hiding place.” Her voice was so feeble; he had to move forward to hear her. But as she turned to him, he quickly realized that he has gotten too close to her, so he quickly pulled away. A faint red color was drawn on his face. Good thing the room was dark, or else she would’ve seen it.

“h-hiding place?” she nodded softly.

“this is the only place and time where I can be on my own. This is my comfort zone. So please… can you leave me alone here?” Baekhyun should be happy because she finally softened up to him. But something deep in his heart made him ignored that feeling he was supposed to be feeling, and instead made him worried about her.

“what are you hiding from? Why do you have to have a comfort zone?” he questioned, ignoring her plea.

Feeling that he didn’t plan to leave until he hears her answer, she turned to glare at him. Her eyes met his, and for the first time, she noticed the sincerity in his eyes. She was left dumfounded. She recognized the looks in his eyes. It was not her first time seeing that look. His gaze was the same gaze that belonged to somebody that she trusted. The first guy that she trusted, but was also the last.

“I-I…” she stuttered, unable to answer. “from him…” finally, she let out the burden that she had kept for a long period of time. She didn’t understand why she spat it to Baekhyun when she didn’t even tell her parents or any of her friends. She just… felt that she could trust him… Baekhyun’s eyes narrowed.

“’Him’ who?”

“Jooyoung… Choi Jooyoung…” her eyes went teary as she recalled about him. Her first love…

“Choi Jooyoung?” Siyoon nodded. She tried to fight her tears, being careful not to let Baekhyun see her cry.

“he was the first friend that I’ve ever had. He came to me when the others avoided me. He was… my first love…” Baekhyun’s heart ached. He knew he wouldn’t last long with the girl that he loved talking about another guy.

“we dated during junior high school. He was the only friend I had back then…” Baekhyun shrugged as he pulled his knees near to his chest and rested his chin on them.

“but during our graduation day… he offered to buy me some flowers across the street…” Baekhyun could hear her sniffed.

“I was so foolish back then, and happily agreed…” she said as her voice started to tremble along with her shoulders.

“he… got hit… by a truck…” Baekhyun felt his heart ached even more as he slowly encircled his arms around her trembling shoulders and patted her. He boldly reached for her hand, squeezing it to give her at least some spirit to continue.

“he didn’t make it…” a drop of something warm fell onto Baekhyun’s hand. It didn’t take him long to realize that it was Siyoon’s tear. She was… crying? That ’ice cube’ was… crying?

“it was all my fault… h-he…. He… in front of my eyes, he…” Siyoon couldn’t take it anymore. Her tragic past that has haunted her for years came swarming into her brain, messing up her mind, bringing back those sad memories that she had been trying to forget for a long time.

He tightened his grip to her shoulders as she finally broke down. Her tears fell endlessly down her fair cheek, and onto his hand. His heart ached more than ever. Seeing Siyoon being an ice-cold brat was nothing compared to seeing her in her current condition, where she recalled her dark past, and opened up her unhealed wound along with it. He didn’t say a word and just held her hand, ensuring her that she was not alone, that he was there for her, knowing that saying anything would just like rubbing salt in her painful wound.

After a while, she finally slowed down. Even though her tears was still dripping down her cheek, but her heart was much more appeased and felt lighter than ever, now that she had shared all the burdens in her heart with Baekhyun. Since she had calmed herself down, Baekhyun finally had the guts to part his lips and spoke.

“it was not your fault…” he said softly. She turned to look at him; her teary eyes still dripped drops of tears.

“it was an accident… nobody’s at fault…” he continued as he slid down his feet and straightened it back. She just stared at him for a while before getting back to stare at the floor, unable to face his affectionate and loving eyes.

“if he didn’t offer you to buy some flowers, you wouldn’t have agreed. If the flower shop owner didn’t build the shop across the street, he wouldn’t have ran across the street. And if the truck driver wasn’t so clumsy, the truck wouldn’t have hit him…”

“I just-… I know that he wouldn’t want to see me like this, but… I couldn’t help it, I just couldn’t forget about him…” she said between her sniffs. She looked up; her round eyes stared at his “sunbae… why do you care so much about me? I wasn’t even nice to you…” for the first time, Baekhyun saw sparks of guilt in her eyes. He smiled as his hand made its way to her cheek from her hand. He cupped her cheek and smiled once again before saying.

“because I love you…” Siyoon’s eyes widened, not expecting such answer coming out from him “and about Choi Jooyoung…”

Baekhyun slowly lowered his other hand from he back, while he caressed her fair white, silky smooth cheek with gentle care, as he slowly leaned forward, sealing her lips with his. He could feel her soft, velvety lips that he had been craving for, right there on his own. He smiled as he felt Siyoon started to respond to his movements, moving her lips together with his, kissing him back. The clicking sound that they made as their lips brushed filled the room; sounded like music to his ears. He smiled as the two of them continued to share the intimate kiss. He even smiled as they pulled away, slowly, as if they were still not ready to let go of each other.

oppa…” his smile grew wider. Hearing her calling him ‘oppa’ was something he would die to get, and he was just so happy that he was the first one she had ever called ‘oppa’ among all the seniors. He smiled as he said

“don’t worry,” his soft, calming tone-eventually-has slowly started to melt her frozen heart “because I-Byun Baekhyun-will help you to forget…” and with that, she finally smiled. A smile that he has never seen being addressed to him ever before. He loved it. He loved it so bad that he swore that he didn’t want to continue living if the girl who was smiling at him turned out to be his death angel.

He smiled back. He smiled as he gradually lessened the gap between them, to the point where their lips-who were craving for each other-met once again. And yet again, they kissed in the darkness of the practice room, under the moonlight that shone through the glass window, who became the witness of their love.