Chapter 1

Insane

Haewon stared at the wall clock with anxiousness. She then looked left and right to see the expression of her classmates. They were just as anxious as her.

"Only a minute left." She mumbled to herself. Her friend, Jaekyung, turned to look at her. "You're excited too, huh?"

"Well, duh. After 10 months of hell, it's finally time for us to relax and enjoy the rest of the year." She smiled. Both of them turned to look at the clock again.

 

 

Three.

 

 

Two.

 

 

One.

 

 

The school bell rang. Everyone started running out of the class. Surprisingly, the teachers did too. Haewon and Jaekyung caught up with each other and smiled like fools. They began to lock arms with each other and skipped out of school.

"So, where do you want to go after this?" Jaekyung asked. Haewon shrugged. She hadn't thought of where to go or what to do during the holidays.

"Lucky for you I need a shopping buddy later on. Care to be that buddy?" Haewon looked at her with a horrified expression. The least she wanted to do is to go shopping with Jaekyung. She quickly shook her head and gave her an excuse. Jaekyung pouted at her.

"Stop doing that. You know that I hate girls who pouts."

"Well, I can't help it. Why is it that when I ask whether you want to go shopping with me you would always give me an excuse?" Haewon smiled and ignored her question. She didn't like going shopping with her. Jaekyung would always roam around every store and buy many things. She would also ask Haewon to carry her almost all her loots.

"I'm sorry. Why don't we go to the café and relax over there instead?" Haewon suggested, hoping that Jaekyung would agree. She nodded her head and smiled slightly. The two of them began to walk to the café.

As they were walking, Haewon suddenly saw someone fimiliar nearby.

"Hey, isn't that Sungjae? Who are the other guys?" She asked. Jaekyung squinted her eyes and gasped.

"It is him. I think we should get out of here." Jaekyung pulled Haewon's arm but she let go. "It looks like his in trouble. I'll go check it out." Jaekyung quickly grabbed her arm.

"Are you crazy? Why would you want to help that loser?"

"I'm just curious. I want to know what's going on." Haewon sneaked up on them and hid behind a wall.

"Where do you think you're going? You still owe us money." A guy with a deep voice said.

"W-What money? I-I didn't owe you guys any money. I swear." Haewon caught a glimpse of the scene. Three guys from the same school were cornering him. One of the guys grabbed his collar and pinned him up against the wall. Haewon was shocked to see that happening. She wanted to help him but she didn't know how to.

"Yah! Lee Haewon! I told you to-" Haewon covered Jaekyung's mouth. "Jaekyung! What the hell?! You're going to get us killed by them!" Haewon catch a glimpse of the scene again.

"I-I think we should get out of here. Now." Haewon quickly dragged Jaekyung out of that place.


Haewon and Jaekyung were at the café. They had ordered their drinks and were in the midst of relaxing. Jaekyung took a sip of her cup of coffee and looked at Haewon. She looked pale.

"Haewon, can you just forget what happened?" Haewon glared at her. "Have you seen what had happened? They were beating the crap out of him! I should've done something."

Jaekyung choked. "What? Are you serious? You are willing to help him?" Haewon nodded her head.

"I pity him. He's always being bullied in school. No one even helped him when he was being beaten up." Jaekyung looked at her with confusion. Haewon sighed. She knew Jaekyung couldn't care about these type of things. She only cared about herself.

"I love you, Haewon. But sometimes, I feel that you are just too nice to people. Just be like me for once." Jaekyung smiled and took a sip of her coffee again.

"Not in a million years." Haewon mumbled. She then picked up her cup of coffee and took a sip of it.


A/N: Well, how was it? I hope it was alright :) I'll be updating the next chapter soon. Do subscribe and leave a comment about what you think about it ^ ^