Of Rainy Days And Warm Embraces

Of Rainy Days and Warm Embraces (A YoonHae One-shot)

 

Another one of my short one-shots. Not proof-read. 

Listen to: Farther by Vacationer from the album 'Gone'



 

Of Rainy Days And Warm Embraces

 

 

She has always had a soft spot for hot summer days. She loves how the sun shines brighter and the people seem more cheerful. She loves going outdoors with her friends and sharing shaved ice desserts with them. The smiles and laughter lasts longer and she never has to worry about the day ending too quickly.

 

But there’s something about rainy days that she loves the most. She watches the drops of rain spatter on the ground, beads of water scattered on the window glass. People perceive rainy days as dull and gloomy, but for Yoona it reminds her of the warm homey feeling that she gets as she sits by the fireplace. She spends the damp chilly night with her head on Donghae’s lap, a book on her hand and a mug of hot steaming tea on his.

 

In the morning, she welcomes the oddly comforting smell of dew as she wakes up in his warm embrace. At six in the morning the sky is still slightly dim, still drizzling. She stretches her arms wide as she lets out a soft yawn, gazing down at his sleeping form with a mild expression. His arms loosely encircled around her tiny waist. She couldn’t help but smile, relaxed and contented.

 

Afternoon comes and it was still pouring. They lie in bed with the covers tangled on their legs as they talk about nothing and everything. Sometimes they just let the silence overcome them and listen to the pitter-patter of the raindrops outside their home, enjoying each other’s company. He would run his fingers through her hair and she would let him; her eyes would slowly shut, her eyelashes casting a soft shadow on the apples of her cheeks.

 

The last thing she would remember before sleep consumes her are his lips pressing down her forehead. She dreams happy dreams, of him and her playing under the rain like little kids; water splashing everywhere as they attempt to catch each other, their laughter unwavering.

 

She wasn’t too upset when her dreams would fade and start to end because somehow waking up to the real thing, with him gazing down at her lovingly and whispering a soft “Wake up, beautiful.” is so much better than any of her fairytale dreams.

 

-End-