Stay or Leave?

Fireworks Display

There was a fireworks display that was going to take place in a nearby park so Tao invited me to go with him. He said to meet up at the entrance at PM 5.30 so that we could walk around first before the event.

"Tao!" I shouted from across the street. He was rubbing his hands together, nose pink from the cold winds passing by. I smiled; he could look so adorable without even trying. I wonder how I became this lucky to be able to go with him in such occasions, we're just friends. Just friends, period.

Once I passed the stoplight crossing I walked up to him, he was already in line so we could be inside before the queue gets any longer. "Krystal, took you long enough. C'mon I'm paying." He didn't even let me protest, I know I wouldn't have won anyway. He knew that too.

"So what were you doing before you came?" He asked while we waited for our turn to pay the vendor at the gate. I shrugged, "I was wondering why you didn't ask one of those girls that you're mostly with. I heard them talking about it a few days ago." I looked at him. "So... Why me?" I pointed at myself.

***

For the rest of the time at the line and walk to the attractions at the end of the park he didn't give me answer. I guess I spoke too insensitively.

"Sorry." I said, I couldn't see his reaction because I walked on ahead so when I heard nothing, I presumed he still wasn't talking to me. When I turned around I saw him talk with other girls. Flirting.

By that time I knew that I would have to probably spend my time at the fair on my own walking around since I am on my own...now. Everyone seem to have someone with them, children with their playmates, teens with school mates and crushes, ladies with their boyfriends then there's me with no one at all. This place is not me.

It's been half an hour since I was left, should I just leave? Or, should I just stay? There's no harm in that, he paid not me, and it’s the only thing I can do for him.