Chemistry

My Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having to manage two clubs at the University had eaten up her time. The first day of recruitment for the new members of the club had been quite exhausting but thanks to BB and Suju who made her work load a lot easier. With the boys’ charms they were able to attract more applicants and recruit new members.

That day she also agreed to be treated with a snack from the EXO-K boys. She had a good conversation with them, mostly about school stuff-the basic things they should know about their new school. She talked to them animatedly, laughed at their jokes and made fun at the silliest stories.

And at night, she prepared food for the boys of Suju whom she invited for dinner.  She cooked the sumptuous dinner for them who were all present in attendance.  They praised her cooking skills and wished that Dara will invite them more to dinners like that. And before the group left, they thanked her for inviting them but Dara quickly argued that it was her who should thank the boys for helping her. They bid her goodbye and looked forward to seeing her at the University more often.

All in all, her day turned out to be great. She was exhausted yet felt fulfilled for the day’s accomplishment of her work. She was filled with energy and was more inspired to do more activities in the coming days. She had been pre-occupied with the many activities she had yet it was not enough to make her forget about GD’s actions lately. GD had been acting quite weird lately. She had known him for most part of his life and she knew when something was off with his actions. It was just natural for her to feel concerned about him because he was her best friend.

“Maybe he parted ways again with her flavor of the month girlfriend” Dara talked to herself as she laid in her princess bed and hugged her huge life-sized soft pillow.

It’s not new to her. Every time GD would end up things with her fling, he would come running to her like a love-sick puppy wanting for her attention. And Dara, being the good friend that she was would shower him with attention and just let him be. She can’t help it, she was close to him just like she was with other boys and can’t afford to let him be hurt.

“Maybe he found his match and got heartbroken” she told herself as she stared at her bed ceilings. “Or maybe he was turned down by a girl for the first time” she giggled at that thought. “Or maybe it’s just nothing. I’m only making things complicated” she said feigning ignorance.

“Kyaaaaaa. Why am I stressing myself out with those thoughts? Erase. Erase.” She said as she gently slapped her forehead. “Tomorrow, I’ll ask him myself. So for now, you should sleep Dara, okay?” Dara said loudly to herself. “Yes, note to self” as she answered her own question.

After five minutes, her mobile phone began ringing. She grabbed it immediately and was surprised to see his name on the screen. “Ommo. Had he been listening and reading my thoughts? Ommo. Why is he calling?”

“Hey” GD greeted.

“Hi Jiyong. What’s up?” Dara acted nonchalantly.

“Nothin. Just cheking you out.”

“I’m good. Thanks for helping me out with the recruitment for our new members. Please tell the boys I’m thankful for their help. Super thankful”

“Yet you forgot to invite us for a dinner. Come-on Darong, what are friends for?”

“Kekeke. I’m sorry. I thought it would be awkward for both BB and Suju to be in one table, sharing food and sitting next to each other, don’t you think?”

“Hahah. Good excuse you have.” GD smiled.

“I’ll make it up to you and to the rest of Bigbang, okay? But maybe next week, I’m quite exhausted and my schedule for this week is full”

“Yeah. Yeah. Excuses. Excuses. You’re really good at that”

There was a brief silence, an awkward one. Dara managed to make the first move.

“So, why’d you call Jiyong?” she was curious.

“Nothing. Why? Am I not allowed to talk to the most generous, funny, kind, loving and gorgeous (and the long list goes on) girl I have ever met in my life?” GD said as a matter of fact.

“Hahaha. Did I just hear a lame pick-up line from the heartbreaker himself. Ommo. Ommo” Dara smiled to himself.

“Lame? You call that lame? You always fall for my lovely charms”

“Hahah. I’m immune to your charm Jiyong. Come on, we’ve been friend for what? For more than ten years, right? When was that time when I fell for Jiyong’s magical spell?”

“You don’t remember, do you?”

“Then remind me” Dara said.

“How about that first time we met, at the amusement park? You made the first move. Ah, the brave and fierce Dar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter