MJU - Nice to Meet You by G.Na & Wheesung

B.A.P One Shots Collection - Shuffle Songs Edition

 

Song : Nice to Meet You

Artist : G.Na & Wheesung

Let's meet tomorrow and the day after that

***

Jongup waited patiently on a small cafe near his school. It's Saturday and his school ended earlier than usual. He still wore his school's uniform, one thing that made his a little bit nervous. He would glance on the transparent glass beside him, trying to see his reflection on it. It's kind of hard, but Jongup didn't want to give a bad first impression.

His fingers would playing with the straw of his iced coffee as he nervously looked out through the glass. Today was the day of his very first blind date and he didn't know what to do. His friend always bugged him to participate in a blind date, promising that he would set Jongup with a pretty girl.

Jongup sighed and looked down at his lap. Not that he wasn't interested in having a relationship, but he's really timid around girls. A shy boy he was, but for today he didn't want to be one.

This girl caught his eyes, the moment his friend showed her picture. Her smile was pretty, showing her white teeth. Her hair was dark brown, seemed to be dyed - however it looked pretty. She wore her school's uniform too, an all-girl high school. She looked like a nice girl, his ideal type.

Then, from a far, Jongup noticed a girl with familiar uniform walked toward the cafe. Jongup's eyes shot widened and he immediately cleared his throat. He straightened his sitting posture and tidied his uniform. He even nervously checked his voice. He his lips in nervous and when the girl entered the cafe, he felt like the time had stopped and his breath was taken.

The girl looked around for a second before meeting her eyes with his. His heart skipped a beat and he knew that time - he fell in love at the first sight. He had a good feeling toward this girl. When she smiled to him, bowing before she had her own way toward him - she looked prettier than the picture that his friend gave.

"Hello, I'm Nayeon, are you Jongup?" she asked. Her voice sounded like an angel. It's so soft, so calming at the same time.

Jongup found himself was staring at Nayeon for a while. But then, Jongup was a gentleman. He stood up and bowed. Nervously he cleared his throat, he raised a hand to shake Nayeon's hand. "Yes, I'm Jongup," he answered and signalling Nayeon to sit across him.

"Do you want to order something?" Jongup asked.

Nayeon smiled at Jongup and shook her head. "No, thanks. I'm not into coffee," she politely declined.

Jongup awkwardly smiled, "Then this is a wrong place to meet," he faintly said.

Nayeon laughed at Jongup remarked. Even her laugh sounded like melodies to his ears. "Not really. I like to enjoy spending my time in a cafe though. It's calming, somehow," she said. "And anyway, you look more handsome in person," she continued.

Jongup blushed and he felt his heart was beating twice faster at her compliment. "T-thanks," stutteringly, he managed to thank Nayeon. "You look prettier in person too," he said, sincerely.

Nayeon smiled at Jongup, "Thank you. I think I'm going to have some fun with you."

Jongup smiled at Nayeon and looked into her eyes - for the first time. He thought he would have a good time with her too.

***

Jongup didn't know that their little date would end really fast. That Saturday went really fast when Jongup spent his time with Nayeon. Both had a really good time. Thanks to their date with going to arcade games, they weren't as awkward as their first meeting on the cafe.

It's already night and the girl should be home around that time - it went the same to Nayeon too. Like a gentleman, Jongup offered to send Nayeon home. Even though Nayeon declined, Jongup wouldn't like Nayeon to get hurt on her way to her own house.

They walked on the street, below the street lamps those were lighting the dark street. It's quite chilly, but not as chilly as the awkwardness between them. They didn't utter any word to each other as they walked together. A distance between them was more than fifteen centimeters, maybe.

Walking around for minutes, almost thirty minutes maybe, they stopped in front of a house. Both knew, they were going to their own way start from that second. They're bothering, would they meet again or not, would this date stop right there or would continue until they had an official relationship. Sigh.

"I have a good time, a really good time. Thanks to you," Nayeon said, smiling really wide, from ear to ear.

Jongup shuffled on his feet, "Me too," he replied, smiling shyly to the ground.

There's a silence moment between them for seconds. Both were staring the ground, looked so shy to each other even though they had a good time before.

"I should go now," Nayeon said as she turned around on her heels, going to go into her house. She walked toward her house in a painfully slow pace, like she's giving Jongup time to think. She didn't know whether Jongup got her signal, but she had a little part of her that wanted Jongup to ask her again.

"Na-nayeon?" Jongup asked.

Nayeon silently smiled at herself before turning around in second. "Y-yes?"

"Would you like to go on a date tomorrow?" he asked.

Nayeon felt like the time had stopped, her heart was beating faster. Nayeon grinned from ear to ear and skipped back toward Jongup. She nodded eagerly, "Call me?"

Jongup smiled to Nayeon and nodded. He took out his phone and handed it to Nayeon, signalling Nayeon to type her number on his phone. Once Nayeon did, she gave it back to Jongup. With light heart, she skipped toward her house. Oh my, she didn't know how to explain this giddy feeling. It's plainly a thrilling joy.

***

Jongup heart was still beating really fast as he got into the bus. He couldn't stop smiling to himself, smiling like crazy, grinning like there's no tomorrow. He sighed, but still smiling. Now he knew the feeling of falling in love. He couldn't stop this emotion, he couldn't control it, it felt like he lost control of himself.

Jongup took his phone and scrolled his phone contact, searching for Nayeon's phone number. Once Jongup found it, he battled on his mind - to call or to text. If it's a call, Jongup could be really nervous, didn't know how to talk like a newborn baby, and maybe forgot why he called Nayeon on the first place. If it's a text...it's safer though.

"Have you slept yet? - Jongup"

No answer. Was she already sleeping? Jongup thought.

"Hey, Jongup. No, I can't sleep." - Nayeon

Jongup frowned. How come she couldn't sleep? It's already night though.

"You should sleep" - Jongup

"Emm, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Bye :)" - Nayeon

"Have a sweet dream, bye" - Jongup

Jongup locked his phone and sighed. He smiled to himself once again and he thought he must have a good sleep tonight. Tomorrow, he would like to ask Nayeon to go on another date.

***

Nice to Meet You is featured in G.Na's first full length album, "Black & White" that's released on January 18, 2011. This song is about a girl and a boy those meet for the first time. The song gives a vibe of blind date as its background.