Chapter 1: Boy - X

Imitation and the Mirror (side story of: Coin Seller)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“O-oh, look who is here. Byun Baekhyun, the diligent boy.” Jongin clapped as he laughed hard to welcome the glasses boy who was bringing many books in his hands. Byun Baekhyun stopped walking. He looked frightened to see Jongin and the gang stopping him in this empty corridor. He tightened his grip on his books and stepped backwards.

“W-what do you want?” Baekhyun asked Jongin and the others.

The boys just laughed at him. It was not a good sign for Baekhyun.

“It annoys me to see how diligent you are.” Jongin shot. He walked up to Baekhyun while smirking. Baekhyun looked scared and once again he stepped backwards. But the others were already surrounding him and he bumped into one of them. The books fell from his embrace as he was pushed. Jongin rudely took Baekhyun’s glasses.

“What will you do without these glasses?” Jongin laughed hard. “I know you can’t do anything without them.” he moved the glasses playfully in front of Baekhyun.

“Give me back my glasses!” Baekhyun yelled angrily.

Jongin just smirked. He then let the glasses falling from his hand. The glasses hit the floor so hard and it broke into pieces. Thinking it’s not enough, Jongin stepped on it and made it entirely broken. Baekhyun was shocked and speechless while the others were laughing at him evilly.

“Don’t be always a diligent boy, okay?” Jongin patted Baekhyun’s shoulder as he started to leave. “It irritates me, really.”

Baekhyun was still looking at his broken glasses without saying anything. But seconds later, he spoke up and made Jongin turning around.

“Karma does exist, Kim Jongin.” Baekhyun said with his shaking voice. “There must be something bad happen to you later.”

“Oh, are you trying to scare me?” Jongin laughed hard once again. The others laughed hard as well.

Baekhyun straightened his body after he had collected his books. “We’ll see.” He said before he left.

 

 

“I said I don’t want to go to this place!” Jongin got angry as he released his hand from his teacher’s grip. His teacher rolled eyes at him. He looked annoyed to face a student like Jongin, but he got used to it anyways.

“What are you saying? It’s not good if you don’t visit your own friend.” Mr. Shin furrowed eyebrows in confusion. Jongin sneered at him. Friend, he said? “Yixing got into an accident. He’s hurt. You need to visit him, like your other friends do.” he told Jongin.

Jongin hissed and looked away. “It’s not my business.” He said.

“Mind your attitude, Jongin.” Mr. Shin raised his voice. He looked pissed. “I’ve told you, you have to see him like the others do. Come on.”

“NO!”

“Jongin! Come back here!”

Jongin ran away from his teacher. Tsk. He didn’t like to do such thing like visiting sick friends. It was kinda sweet and he hated sweet things. Oh, he really did. How could be a bad boy like him doing things like that? It would ruin his reputation. Besides, he was the one who troubled Yixing’s bicycle before the accident. How could he come to give him a visit while he was the trouble maker?

If he showed up in Yixing’s room, then everybody would know what he had done to Yixing.

Actually he didn’t care about that, but he just hated to give people visit.

Jongin hid in a room near the emergency stairs. He hid behind the door and when he peeked outside, he saw his teacher lost him and he looked confused. After letting out a sigh, his teacher turned around and went back to Yixing’s room. Jongin smiled secretly in victory. He was about to leave the room but something stopped him. He looked around the room. He thought he was alone in here, but he was wrong. There was someone who was lying on the bed. Even there was a person here, but the room looked like an abandoned one. The windows were closed and the room just had the sunlight from gaps above the windows. There was a chair which lost two of its legs and it was placed in the corner of the room. He also saw a box full of empty infuse bottles. Jongin was bit confused to find a broken wheelchair, as well as a mound of white dirty blankets on the floor. All things he saw just made him realize that this room was a storeroom. But actually there is someone here, he thought, so it’s a patient room.

Jongin walked toward the bed. The person was an old man. He was sleeping peacefully. Jongin didn’t know why the old man was hospitalized. He looked fine. Jongin looked intently at the old man. His skin was so dry and actually the old man looked skinny. Jongin thought the man was already dead. A machine on the small table beside the bed just told Jongin that the old man was still alive, and Jongin looked at the old man’s chest. He’s breathing, he thought. He was just sleeping. Jongin didn’t know why he got the feeling that the old man had slept for a long long time.

It was a good thing that he didn’t wake the old man up. Even he got used to make troubles, he didn’t want to make any trouble in a hospital which was the place he hated the most.

He was about to leave as his eyes caught something.

He was seeing a big mirror hanging on the wall. The mirror was also full of dust. Jongin walked toward it to see his own reflection. He hardly saw it since the mirror was covered by dust. Being uneasy himself, he then cleaned up some part of the mirror’s surface to make him able to see his own reflection.

He saw himself. He was wearing an untidy uniform and a black hat. He smirked for no reason. He then fixed his uniform and he randomly checked his pocket to take out some candy’s wrappers. But then he dropped some coins. The coins did make a loud noise for a while but surprisingly, the old man still didn’t wake up. Jongin smirked to himself. He bent down to collect the coins and then he looked up at the mirror again.

He stopped smirking as he saw his reflection was doing the thing he wasn’t doing. His reflection was smiling and fixing the hat, and it was still standing. Hey, his reflection was supposed to do same things as him, right?

But, what was he seeing right now?

Jongin slowly stood up and stared at the mirror. He blinked many times and he saw his reflection just smiled at him. It was so creepy. His face turned pale and he got his hands cold. What is this? What am I seeing? He thought, frightened. Am I seeing a ghost? It was funny that the bad boy Kim Jongin was scared of ghosts. But no kidding, he was in a creepy situation, and he was really frightened.

Jongin thought that he was crazy as his reflection came out from the mirror. And he thought he was really really crazy when he had it spoke to him.

“Hello.”

O-oh, my.

 Jongin was so scared that he fell backwards and screamed, didn’t even care if he could wake the old man.

“W-who are you?” he asked, stuttering. He felt his tongue dry, he sweated a lot, like he had run for hours.

The reflection just smiled and he thought it was weird because he himself barely smiled. And it was creepy because he was seeing his reflection spoke to him. He never dreamt nor imagined this kind of situation. How could this situation happen?

“Me? I’m Kim Jongin.” his reflection answered simply and cheerfully.

“No way!” Jongin yelled, not afraid anymore if he woke the old man up.

“Why don’t you believe what you’re seeing? I look exactly like you, so I’m you.” his reflection told him. Jongin shook his head in hurry. No way, no way!

“No, you’re not me! You’re just my reflection!” he blurted out. How in the world could he speak with his own reflection? Was he dreaming right now? Or was he hallucinating? He was out of breath without him knowing. To take this fact that his reflection coming out from the mirror and speak to him just made his brain and heart work harder.

His reflection just smiled and walked to him. Jongin was scared even more that he walked backwards with his hands. But, that was no use.  He had reached the door and he still couldn’t escape from his own reflection. He got his body shaking.

Oh, God.

“I’m not just your reflection. I’m you.” the reflection of his told him once again. It stopped walking and it looked happy to see frightened expression from Jongin. It seemed enjoyed what it was seeing. “You see? I look the same as you. I can do everything you can do. After all you have to admit that we’re not different.” He smiled widely.

“Y-you can do everything I can do?” Jongin blinked. “What do you mean?”

“I can replace you.”

“W-what?”

His reflection just kept smiling at him. And the next thing it did was going through Jongin’s body and then opened the door after it dropped a pouch on the floor. Jongin widened his eyes in shock. How could his reflection go through him? Was he transparent or something? Did he become a ghost or something?

“You stay here in this hospital and try to do things you’ve never done before.” Jongin heard his reflection saying. He didn’t even dare to look back to see his reflection, even he wanted to know what it was talking about. But, seconds later, he heard the answer before the door closed.

“You haven’t helped people before, have you?”

 

 

Chanyeol’s dad, your uncle, was hospitalized because of working too hard. Seven days ago your uncle collapsed in his office. Well, your uncle was really a workaholic. He got his work too much and Chanyeol has found many times that his dad not sleeping at night. Probably that’s what made his dad got sick. Chanyeol did worry about his dad. He didn’t smile a lot at school and he sometimes wasn’t focused to the lesson. You and he came to hospital every day since seven days ago every after school. Day by day his dad looked healthier, and he smiled a lot as usual. Chanyeol was so happy about that.

“Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter