One

Mistaken

                By the end of the day, everybody was so tired due to the hectic schedule of fan signing and concerts. The done-ness was can almost be felt in the air. One by one, all twelve of the boys came rushing through the door, hoping they will get to the bathroom first so they won’t be one of the last that has to shower with ice cold water. Kris quickly put down his fan gift next to the messily formed pile of his band mates and he ran to the closest bathroom he saw. As for Baekhyun and Chanyeol, they didn’t really care about showering, it’s not like they like to do that anyways. They bound to shower sometime but at least not now, not when there was a huge pile of fan gift calling their names like sirens at the sea.

Baekhyun approached the pile of fan gift and selected the one with his name on it. It’s a little pink gift bag, with all sorts of hearts and sequins attached to it. A little white name tag was hooked onto the handle of the bag, with a very neat almost like printed hand writing: Byun Baekhyun with several hearts. It was so tacky that it made Baekhyun laugh, but he liked it, he liked tacky and cheesy things. He picked it up and closely observed it like it was something that he hadn’t seen in ten thousand years. He chuckled to himself while Chanyeol passed by. Chanyeol took a few steps back and came beside Baekhyun. He crouched down and started to sorting out his own gift first, and then Baekhyun’s, everyone else’s can just stay mixed up in a pile, he was childish like that. Chanyeol picked up all of the stuff that belonged to him and Baekhyun but he was having a hard time holding onto them but he still managed to somehow keep them nicely in his arms.

“Come, we’re gonna open gifts.” Chanyeol elbowed Baekhyun real quick and headed for the direction of their room. Baekhyun stopped staring at his little tacky gift bag and followed Chanyeol.

They settled themselves on the floor and Chanyeol being a little kid that he was, he started to rip open his gifts and exclaimed at everything he set his eyes on. As for Baekhyun he now put his pink gift bag down next to Chanyeol and looked at other things he got. Chanyeol at this point was just randomly grabbing things within his reach and he caught Baekhyun’s gift bag in his hand. Thinking that it was his, Chanyeol took out the jar inside and exclaimed at it. It was a hexagonal crystal jar with a dome lid that looked like those mini cathedrals. A ribbon was tied to the lid, little symbols and Baekhyun’s name was drawn with colorful acrylic paints. Inside was a mix of candy cane kisses and mint kisses chocolate. Those are only on sale for Christmas but since fans knew how much Baekhyun liked those, they went on a scavenger hunt for him. Chanyeol exclaimed loudly as Baekhyun turned to him and realizing that it was his gift. He frowned and put out his arm to snatch back the jar, but Chanyeol wanted it.

“Chanyeol, stop being a little and give it back to me.” Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol’s knee in protest.

“Can I have some?”

“No. You keep taking my stuff, I’m not letting you have any.”

“Why?” Chanyeol whined,

“I just said why, give it back to me!” Baekhyun said, almost like a shout.

“Come on, give me a kiss.” Chanyeol smiled mischievously while Kris was passing by right in front of their door when Chanyeol said that. Mistook Chanyeol’s words, he got pretty upset with Chanyeol and himself, but mostly Chanyeol.

Chanyeol just begged, until Baekhyun gave in and finally give him one. He unwrapped the little kiss and ate it in one go. While Chanyeol was enjoying his kiss, Kris on the other side of the door felt like his world just crashed down on him, he was pretty, if not extremely, sad. He dragged his feet back to his room with a grumpy mood, not realizing the water from his hair dripped all over the hallway and somebody will bound to be a screw ball and slip on it. Kris didn’t care, he was only jealous. He walked back to his room and slammed the door so loud that his other band mates from the other side of the hall can hear it pretty clearly.

“Let me have one more.” Chanyeol put out his palm and Baekhyun stared back at him in disbelief.

“Can you not?”

Chanyeol frowned knowing he had upset Baekhyun. So every time this happens, Chanyeol pack his pillows and blankets over to Kris room and sleep with his for the night since he needed to talk to somebody before he sleeps and nine times out of ten Baekhyun won’t talk to him if he’s grumpy. Chanyeol knocked on Kris’s door and went ahead and stepped in before Kris can raise his voice. He was a bit taken back when he saw Chanyeol walking into his door with his blanket and pillows. Kris can’t just tell him that he eavesdropped on their conversation and ended up hearing Chanyeol wanted to make out with Baekhyun so he just kept quiet and let Chanyeol have the bed. He can just sleep on the floor as he usually did. They slept after a couple of minutes since Kris also refused to talk. Chanyeol didn’t know what to do other than go with the flow and he just drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Chanyeol was still being a bubbly little camper and asked Kris if he can take him to the store. Kris hesitated a bit but he agreed to take him anyways. Chanyeol up a conversation and it took off from there. Kris forgot what he was mad about, though he knew he will be bothered by it again if not soon then later. They hooked arms and went through the trillions aisles of stuff and Chanyeol was getting frustrated because he can’t find the candy cane kisses that Baekhyun gave him last night.

“What are you looking for?” Kris asked as Chanyeol frowned so hard that his bottom lip touched the floor.

“The kisses.”

“What kisses?” Kris left a long pause for an elaboration before he went on.

“The candy cane kisses. Fans gave him some candy cane kisses and I want ‘em, but he wouldn’t let me have ‘em.”

“Oh.”Kris felt a little bit dumb when he finally realized what actually went down last night. He was mistaken.

“Oh what?”

“No, no, nothing.”

Kris stayed back and watched Chanyeol looking at the aisle for those kisses as he stupidly smiled to himself. He was too busy getting worked up over the fact that all he heard was a mistake, he didn’t notice that Chanyeol was long gone from his sight. He went to around looking for him but Chanyeol came up to him from the back and scared the living hell out of him. In his arms was a bunch of kisses chocolate, so much that Kris was pretty sure that Chanyeol would most likely be getting type two diabetes if he finished them all by himself. Chanyeol had on his very dumb expression that made Kris burst into laughter. He took half of the chocolate boxes out of Chanyeol’s hands.

“Why are you getting so much for?”

“I’m gonna show Baekhyun up.”

“Why?”

“He wouldn’t give me any, so now I won’t give him any.”

“Ah,” Kris exclaimed, “You know, I thought you wanted to kiss him last night.”

“Oh, no.” Chanyeol denied, he sounded like he was bothered.

“But well, since now we got that out of the way, I have some of the kisses I want you to have.”

“You have chocolate?” Chanyeol innocently asked.

Kris turned to Chanyeol and slowly lifted up his chin with his index finger. He closed the space between himself and Chanyeol and he placed a kiss on Chanyeol’s lips. Chanyeol puckered his lips and returned his kiss. Kris was so tempted to slip his tongue into the other boy’s cavern but he realized they were in public so he stopped and parted as he went. Chanyeol’s eyelids fluttered open like a little school girl, making Kris laugh.

“Okay, let’s never jump to conclusion before you know the whole context, yeah?” Chanyeol murmured

“I’m sorry.”

“But Kris, I rather have your kiss than a thousand from Byun Baekhyun.”