Hot Chocolate

Kpop Drabbles

Henry’s POV

 

Like every morning, I came to pick up my chai tea at the nearby Starbucks. Like every morning, I saw her hard at work planning her day while sipping her espresso. Every morning for the last two months it has been like this. Even though, I’ve never even spoken to her I already knew that she was perfect. Well not exactly perfect, nothing’s perfect. But have you ever heard that saying “Your imperfections are perfectly beautiful”? Well you have now. Anyway, this is the exact reason why I liked her so much, maybe even loved her.

 

I grabbed my tea from the cashier and thanked him. Today I had no schedule so I decided to have a day for myself. Walking over to my seat, I saw she was still absorbed into her work –completely oblivious to my gaze. For the past two months this has been my seat, the seat one table away from hers. I’ve sat here every day since the morning that she started coming here. It had the perfect view of her beautiful face.

 

She was a college student. She had classes every Monday, Tuesday and Friday. On the days that she had classes she would just drop by, get a morning coffee and then head off. But today was a Wednesday. Today she came here to revise her notes. I couldn’t help but smile to myself knowing the dates collided exactly in time –fate was on my side. I’m no stalker by the way, she just happen to forget her timetable on the table last Wednesday.

 

“I should go talk to her…,” I whispered to myself in deep thought.

 

Suddenly, all these ‘what if’ questions flooded into my mind.

 

What if I’m not her type?

What if she not the person I thought she would be?

What if she was an overly obsessed fan?

 

I shook my head, stopped myself from getting lost in my thoughts and analysed the situation. I couldn’t jump to conclusions so quickly. I had to give her a chance. I couldn’t possibly stay all creepy and stalker-like forever, I had to make a move now…or maybe when I’ve finish my tea.

 

Once I finished my tea, I got up but something struck me. What was I going to say to her? Like I couldn’t just get ahead of myself and ask for her number, I had to think this through carefully. As I finished making my decision to think things through I noticed I was still standing and all eyes were on me –including hers. I felt my cheeks burn form embarrassment and sat back down again trying not to gain more attention. After five full minutes of contemplating, I came to no conclusion –a complete dead end.

 

Looking around for inspiration, I saw that today’s special was hot chocolate and there was a florist right across the street. An imaginary light bulb flash over my head, I had came up with the perfect plan. Adjacent to me was my backpack, I quickly grabbed it, opened it and took out a note book and pen. I tapped my pen on chin and started drafting.

 

 



“Yes!” I whispered and mentally fist pumped at my flawless plan. Being so engrossed with my plan I didn’t her the soft giggle that came from the table in front.

 

I took a deep breath and let the plan unfold. Turning to a new page, I took another deep breath. This was it. There was no turning back.

 

Dear Yoojin,

For some time now I have been watching you. Actually the past 2 months

 

“Ok…that just sounds too creepy,” I sighed, ripped out the piece of paper, scrunched it up, threw it across the table and started again.

 

This time it was absolutely what I wanted. Smiling, I carefully tore the piece of paper and brought it up with me to the cashier.

 

 

“What would you like?” The worker who had served me before asked.

 

“A hot chocolate please,” I replied, “Oh and can to please attach this note to it and give it to the lovely lady sitting the corner?”

 

“Sure,” He smiled as if he knew exactly what I was planning.

 

I paid him and went out to the florist across the road.

 

Opening the door, I could feel the scent of the variety of flowers enter my senses. I browsed the shop trying to find roses but I couldn’t see any in the mania of vibrant colours. All of a sudden I heard someone enter from one of the back rooms.

 

“Hello,” A short women with black permed hair chorused, “What are you looking for honey?”

 

“Umm… do you have any red roses Ajumma?”

 

“Hmm…stay put, let me go search for some,” she exclaimed before setting off.

 

 

Yoojin’s POV

 

Lifting my head I saw that the seat ahead of me was empty but the owner’s belongings were still there.

 

“He must’ve gone to the bathroom or something,” I reassured myself, before going back to work.

 

Soon after I had gotten distracted by my work, a waiter came and set a hot chocolate on to my table.

 

“I didn’t order this?” I said confused.

 

“Haha, don’t worry it’s on the house,” he winked and returned back to the counter before I could  again.

 

The hot chocolate looked so mouth-watering. It would have been a shame if I had let it go to waste.

 

As cupped the warm beverage with my warm hands I could feel the heat flow into my body. Before I could drink it I felt something strange in between my hands and the mug. I put it down turned the mug around, there was a piece of paper sticky taped to the mug. In neat boy-ish writing it said:

   

Dear Yoojin,

Let this cup of hot chocolate be my treat.

(I apologise if you are allergic to it)

Maybe we will meet.

You are like this drink,

You warm my heart.

Whenever I see you, I feel a spark.

 

Even though I have never spoken to you, I still want you to know that I love you.

 

-Henry

 

I smiled widely and took the small message off and stuck on to an empty page in my planner. Whoever this Henry guy was, he sure knew how to attract a girl.

 

The door of the café opened abruptly, knocking me out of my daydream and revealing the cute guy that sat in front of me now holding a bouquet of roses in his hands. I sighed seeing that there was a possibility that he wasn’t single and returned back to sipping my hot chocolate.

At least I had that Henry guy, he was such a sweetie.

 

Once I finished my hot chocolate I looked up again. The man that had the roses was talking the cashier. Those flowers were probably for him –they looked like a cute couple. I went back to work to get my mind off that topic.

 

“Excuse me Miss,” An angelic voice said steadily.

 

“Ah yes?” I replied, lifting my head once I had finished writing my sentence.

 

There in front of me was the man with the roses. He looked better up close. He was tall, but not too tall and his hair casually styled. He was wearing plain jeans and a plain white T-shirt, topped with a red varsity jacket –not the best outfit to wear while holding roses but he had pulled it off nicely.

 

“Yoojin-sshi these are for you,” He said blushing –not even trying to hide his nervousness.

 

“Umm…thank you and you must be Henry-sshi?” I said taking the bouquet and returning his blush.

 

“Yep,” He replied rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

 

“Oh yeah thanks, for the hot chocolate and sweet note,” I said trying to overcome the awkward situation.

 

“Haha, no problem,” He replied, “There is one thing would I’ve been wanting to ask.”

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

“I thought you’d never ask.”

 

 

A/N: So how was my first one shot? I took this into very deep thought...loljks i never really take anything into deep thought LOL
by the way did you like my drawing? :3 (don't judge I don't have a tablet)  MAKE SURE YOU GO AND UPVOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT -it's an essential ;) 

You can check out my other story if you like ;D http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/366715/strangers-again-changjo-fluff-ricky-romance-teentop-you-jongup <--- YAYAYA CLICK CLICK CLICK

okay I'll stop being annoying now bye bye

Yours retardedly, Chubby_panda 

Ps. yes, I know retardedly insn't a word